Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Padraig Harrington.....2015 Honda Classic Champion

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭Dayor Knight

Rikand wrote: »
    "I remember it clearly"

Your hatred and bitterness speaks volumes. You must be very proud of yourself.

OMG! Was it something I said!? I don't know how you got bitterness and hatred out of that. Jeez. Let me clarify. My memory of that incident is consistent with what P.H. has said, and why he wasn't a fan of Garcia. I certainly don't hate Sergio, my God, hate is something I reserve for the very few, if anyone at all. Certainly no golfers in there! Such is social media. Maybe I should have added an emoticon... I actually admire how Sergio has evolved his attitude in reason years, but wasn't a fan of some of his behaviour around the time we're referring to here. And what I remember of that incident is what I took from it at the time, so that's my viewpoint. And yes, I do remember it clearly, probably saw it a couple of times since. Peace be on you all, this morning :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,119 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

No golf this week but that doesn't stop him climbing up the world rankings.

Up to 80th now, right behind Tiger.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

So I think he's playing in Texas this week. It'll be just great to be following him again!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭newport2

vienne86 wrote: »
    So I think he's playing in Texas this week. It'll be just great to be following him again!

Hopefully soon we'll have Lowry to cheer on in most PGA events soon! They could do a rota between them so we'd have at least one for each PGA event.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,352 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

OMG! Was it something I said!? I don't know how you got bitterness and hatred out of that. Jeez. Let me clarify. My memory of that incident is consistent with what P.H. has said, and why he wasn't a fan of Garcia. I certainly don't hate Sergio, my God, hate is something I reserve for the very few, if anyone at all. Certainly no golfers in there! Such is social media. Maybe I should have added an emoticon... I actually admire how Sergio has evolved his attitude in reason years, but wasn't a fan of some of his behaviour around the time we're referring to here. And what I remember of that incident is what I took from it at the time, so that's my viewpoint. And yes, I do remember it clearly, probably saw it a couple of times since. Peace be on you all, this morning :)

I also apologise for my outburst. It's not a secret on the forum here that I'm the biggest Sergio fanboi going, so with everything said....

Friends ? <3<3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,841 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

Yes Rik.
    But Sergio not exactly likable.
    So keep it to yourself. ;)

No Sergio in love again.
    So he seems ok at moment.

But I believe . You revert to your natural state at some stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭JohnnyLocke

Another tough test this week at the Valspar. The Florida swing to me is maybe the best set of tournaments in a row all year outside of the majors and WGC's. I personally prefer to watch a total between level par and 10 under win rather than 25 under tournaments where 20 under is in a 9 way tie for 5th! Not to mention these type of tournaments favour our man! Anyway on to Pods chances. Coming straight off a win last Monday his confidence will be sky high, however it will be extremely difficult to win 2 in a row. I do think he could potentially contend again though. This is a course where Padraig holds the course record of 61 (2012) a score he shot on the Thursday in the middle of his slump then fell away and finished, if my memory serves correct, somewhere around 20th.

Granted, expectations of him shouldnt be too high this week, but on a course where 7 under won last year (John Senden) and the fact he holds the course record I'm fairly optimistic he'll perform well. Expectation - top 20. Optimistic - top 10. If hes there come the back 9 on sunday - Win!

Another plus this week is that he'll presumably be in or around the marquee groups (Tee times not posted till tomorrow evening) so we should get to see some of him no matter what. Will post on here his tee times once they are announced and if theres any live@ coverage on the PGA Tour website

• Registered Users Posts: 5,797 ✭✭✭Old diesel

Hopefully the win should help him - even if its to give him the belief that he can go out and play well

Not sure what to expect really - hoping he will do well

• Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Pierce_1991

It's a strange one this week. Difficult to come down of the highs of the Hinda(for me at least :P). A good result would be making the cut and finishing in the top 30 really.

I'm not doing the reverse hope trick.

But feel this week will be hard for him.

A cut will be a result.

He has been all over the shop - he even said on late late - he has done nothing.

Now that is a good thing for Padraig - so don't expect much.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭Wombatman

• Registered Users Posts: 3,283 ✭✭✭ronjo

Am I right in saying that as Padraig is so top heavy in points from last week that it will be easier for him to move up the rankings a bit more as he has very few points to lose?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,793 ✭✭✭ionadnapokot

Do you know what I find mad about the 2012 "I had the putting yips":
    He finished tied 8th at the Masters and tied 4th at the US Open, T39th British open and T18th in the PGA
    How did he manage that with the yips? 'cause he's a Legend

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭pistol_75

ronjo wrote: »
    Am I right in saying that as Padraig is so top heavy in points from last week that it will be easier for him to move up the rankings a bit more as he has very few points to lose?

He will keep the full value of those points for a while, but he steadily loses points for earlier performances as the time passes e.g. he got 14 points for his win in Indonesia. This has started decreasing slowly and is currently worth 13.85 points. If you are consistently picking up points then this is not as noticeable, but if he started missing cuts again and picking up no points you would see his points average, which is the important figure start to drop and thus drop down the rankings. On the other hand a few consistent performances will see him climb steadily because he was coming from quite a low base.

• Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭REBELSAFC

PARlance wrote: »
    No golf this week but that doesn't stop him climbing up the world rankings.

Up to 80th now, right behind Tiger.

The man can do no wrong ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭abff

ronjo wrote: »

Movement in the rankings is due to a combination of points gained and points lost.

For the next three months until his Honda Classic points start to degrade, he is likely to lose fewer points than those around him in the rankings. For example, if you look at points lost year to date, Padraig has only lost 6.60 points, while Tiger Woods has lost 50.50, although admittedly, he is an extreme case. Therefore, Padraig is likely to move up in the rankings if he can pick up the same number of points from tournament performances as those just ahead of him do.

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭Dayor Knight

Rikand wrote: »
    I also apologise for my outburst. It's not a secret on the forum here that I'm the biggest Sergio fanboi going, so with everything said....

Friends ? <3<3
    Don't worry about it - apology accepted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,393 ✭✭✭Ed Winchester

Do you know what I find mad about the 2012 "I had the putting yips":
    He finished tied 8th at the Masters and tied 4th at the US Open, T39th British open and T18th in the PGA
    How did he manage that with the yips? 'cause he's a Legend

The putter cost him the green jacket that year. His iron play in Augusta that year was sublime. He had so many birdie putts, he just couldn't knock them in.

The putter cost him the green jacket that year. His iron play in Augusta that year was sublime. He had so many birdie putts, he just couldn't knock them in.

I remember that so well, he performed immaculately from tee to green. If he'd made even half the putts he'd given himself he would have won that year.

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭Eaglebridie 32

Out early Thursday with Adam Scott & Jordan Speith, back with the "big boys" following his win in the Honda. It's going to be an interesting week for him. You would wonder how he will perform. Top 20 or so would be acceptable?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

Out early Thursday with Adam Scott & Jordan Speith, back with the "big boys" following his win in the Honda. It's going to be an interesting week for him. You would wonder how he will perform. Top 20 or so would be acceptable?
    Making the cut would be acceptable. One win is a step in the right direction, but I'd much prefer to see him make the cut than anything else. Sure, if he is in the hunt on Friday night I'd be extremely happy but he needs to build on his win at the Honda by not falling below the cut line. If he makes a few ranking points at a time I'd be happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,556 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Quarter past noon on Thursday and 5 pm on Friday for the shot trackers :)

Gonna be hard going back to the shot tracker after the highs of the last two weeks :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

F5 key needs replaced. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

Hopefully he will get plenty of TV time too.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭liamos43

I must be missing something - I also follow the shottracker but never have to use the F5 key. Is it easier with F5 or what am I missing?. thks

liamos43 wrote: »
    I must be missing something - I also follow the shottracker but never have to use the F5 key. Is it easier with F5 or what am I missing?. thks

F5 - is refresh of many web pages and Auto Calculate functions in computer programs.

Many will refresh in a certain interval times

But F5 causes a refresh.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,873 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Oh, I'm as thick as pig****, I'm only now after getting the reference of Paddy's burger/berger meal, duh :rolleyes:

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

Missed fairway with first shot and just chipped back to fairway with 2nd

• Advertisement

2 over after 1 :mad::(:D

The joys are back.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement