Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco Mobile 3g - Anyone having Problems

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭Tesco Mobile: Paul

I get this message all the time " 408 Request Time Out ".
    I have to cancel the page and hit the link at least twice more before it does anything.It's definitely a Tesco/O2 problem as a tmobile sim works fine.

Hi there,

Yes, we have a handle on the issue and should be resolved soon. If you stay on Edge it will work fine in the meantime.

regards
    Paul

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Silverblack

Hi there,

Yes, we have a handle on the issue and should be resolved soon. If you stay on Edge it will work fine in the meantime.

regards
    Paul

Is this a fix for IE only or the UK ?
    The reason i ask is im in Scotland but a google search comes up with this problem here on this forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭jay93

The fixes for the network are for ireland only as this is a tesco mobile ireland thread you will probably have to keep at tesco mobile UK to help fix the issue for you

Hi There, this is Ireland only regards Paul

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Silverblack

Hi There, this is Ireland only regards Paul

Is there a UK version of this board ?
    If there is i can't find it.

• Advertisement

I don't think so but if you contact Tesco Mobile UK support via http://www.tescomobile.com they will be able to help

regards
    Paul

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭ubuntulinux

Try..:)

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=1

Paul

Will O2 not give Tesco access to their HSPA network.

And what about some decent Tesco mobile pay as you go smartphone handsets for Ireland.:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭wilford

Just a quick q Paul,I've a iphone 3gs(unlocked using ultrasnow) which works fine with a meteor sim however I keep losing the signal intermittently when I put my tescomobile sim in although I can still access internet etc as the 3g stays on,could this be a sim problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭paddins

Hi - Anyone have info on Ipad on Tesco Network? - Will the Tesco Data bundle work on the Ipad2?

• Advertisement

Paul

Will O2 not give Tesco access to their HSPA network.

And what about some decent Tesco mobile pay as you go smartphone handsets for Ireland.:confused:

Hi Ubuntu,

We run on a different core network so its not that straightforward.

On Tesco Mobile smartphones, all I can say is keep an eye out over the next few weeks ;)

regards
    Paul

wilford wrote: »
    Just a quick q Paul,I've a iphone 3gs(unlocked using ultrasnow) which works fine with a meteor sim however I keep losing the signal intermittently when I put my tescomobile sim in although I can still access internet etc as the 3g stays on,could this be a sim problem?

Hi Wilford,

There is an intermittent 3G issue we are working through as a priority. While not ideal, if you leave the phone on EDGE (turn 3G off) it will work fine although obviously at slower speeds.

regards
    Paul

paddins wrote: »
    Hi - Anyone have info on Ipad on Tesco Network? - Will the Tesco Data bundle work on the Ipad2?

Hi Paddins

There is no reason why it wouldnt work...

regards
    Paul

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭whowantstwoknow

Hi,

I switched to tesco mobile and setup the android APN as described in this thread. After the reboot, I'm not sure if:

1) there is 3g in my area?
    2) or if I've set it up wrong or its another issue.

The about phone settings it says:

1) Mobile network type=HSDPA, The notification bar shows the H symbol
    2) Roaming=Roaming, The signal strength has a R symbol

Location is around Naas, Kildare.

PS: havent subscribed to any data bundle yet...

Thanks
    W.

Hi,

I switched to tesco mobile and setup the android APN as described in this thread. After the reboot, I'm not sure if:

1) there is 3g in my area?
    2) or if I've set it up wrong or its another issue.

The about phone settings it says:

1) Mobile network type=HSDPA, The notification bar shows the H symbol
    2) Roaming=Roaming, The signal strength has a R symbol

Location is around Naas, Kildare.

PS: havent subscribed to any data bundle yet...

Thanks
    W.

Hi W,

What is your experience>? Is data working for you? What kind of device have you got?

We are having an intermittent 3G issue that we are looking at so i would recommend that you switch off 3G data for the moemnt. Note also that Data Roaming as a setting needs to be on.

regards
    Paul

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭paddins

Hi Paddins

There is no reason why it wouldnt work...

regards
    Paul
    Thanks Paul :)

Hi All,

Our intermittent 3G issue should now be resolved. Open data should now work on 2G and 3G as expected.

thanks
    Paul

Hi paul I have been having issues with 3G since november before that it was fine I have not tested it on 3G in a while if it works ill reply to your PM and post back here also really hoping the 3G issue is gone as it will work for about 1-2minutes then wont work after that I have tried it in differant areas and its the same .however it worked perfect in dublin city couple of months ago

Thanks Jay. I have had quite a few people test now and all are reporting that Tesco Mobile 3G is working well now. Hopefully you are seeing the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Tmpj

Heh, after some 6 months of waiting my 3g seems to be working fine on the Desire, all apps that I have tried work:)

Big thanks for Tescomobile for a reasonably priced mobile call and data plan (for a prepay mobile)!

I have one question to Paul from Tescomobile. Do we get a notification when the data limit is about to be reached for the current add on (I'm only talking about prepay add ons here). For instance, if I buy the 350MB add on, I do get a notification when the 7 days is due. However, will I be getting a notification if the MBs used is close to the 350MB??

It's quite dear to be using the out of bundle data thus it would be nice to get a note for this.

BR
    Tmpj

• Advertisement

Hi Tmpj, unfortunately we don't have that feature. But you can check the allowance remaining by using the code *100*6# this will tell you expiry date and allowance remaining. If you buy another bundle before the first one expires you get a bonus of extending both the time AND the allowance e.g. If you have 2 days and 100mb allowance remaining when you purchase another 7 day bundle you will then have 9 days with 450 mb allowance. This 'stacking' of bundles allows you to manage your data use more easily.

Hope this helps

Regards
    Paul

• Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭TotallyEpic

Is it possible to buy multiple 30 day bundles for €6.99?

E.G, if I have used 900MB 15 days in, can I get another bundle and have 1100MB left with 45 days left to use it?

Thanks!

Is it possible to buy multiple 30 day bundles for €6.99?

E.G, if I have used 900MB 15 days in, can I get another bundle and have 1100MB left with 45 days left to use it?

Thanks!

Yes, exactly. You don't lose the allowance if you buy another before the first expires.

Paul

Data over 3G working perfect all weekend,problems solved.Now what about some 3G Smartphone handsets from Tesco.

Paul

Data over 3G working perfect all weekend,problems solved.Now what about some 3G Smartphone handsets from Tesco.

Great to hear! Keep an eye out for additions to the range over the next few weeks.

Thanks
    Paul

Hiya paul it seems to be working properly again just have one issue it wont connect unless the proxy is enabled seems odd as it was connecting witout it last week :o
    ill keep testing to see if i can get it to work witout the proxy but so far no such luck.its good tough now that i can at least buy a data add on and use it over the 3G network instead of having to switch my phone over the the 2G (EDGE) network the whole time.
    Really happy with how quick that tescomobile are sorting out issues and are actually listening to customers my experiance with o2 was the opposite they didn't seem to care .keep up the good work :)
    also just a quick question are tesco going to be bringing in some 3G enabled phones and smartphones?your phone range seems to be only 2G enabled handsets..

Hi Jay,

What phone do you have? You definitely don't need the proxy for internet anymore. As mentioned additions to the phone range are on the way over the next few weeks.

Regards
    Paul

Can anyone confirm if a Tesco Mobile SIM will work in a locked O2 phone?

Can anyone confirm if a Tesco Mobile SIM will work in a locked O2 phone?

Hi Epic,

No it won't. We use our own SIMs totally separate from O2.

Regards
    Paul

• Advertisement

Hi Epic,

No it won't. We use our own SIMs totally separate from O2.

Regards
    Paul

Thanks, I just heard reports claiming otherwise. Cheaper to get an iPhone locked to O2, than to buy one from Apple.

Advertisement