Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco Mobile 3g - Anyone having Problems

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13 clarkeed

sorry Paul left out : on the http below and the port number below is what i have set

Name: TMI MMS APN
    APN: tescomobile.liffeytelecom.com
    MMSC:http://mmc1/servlets/mms
    MMS Proxy:10.1.11.19
    MMS Port: 8080
    MMS Protocol : wap 2.0
    MCC: 272
    MNC: 11
    APN Type: mms

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭Tesco Mobile: Paul

Hi Clarkeed,

Settings look fine. Have you got Data Roaming on? This is needed because we roam on O2.

regards
    Paul

Hi Paul,

yea its definatley turned on, maybe someone out there who has a HTC Desire and mms is working could let me know what settings they are using.

Thanks

Have you restarted your phone since you changed settings. This is usually required. Regards Paul

yea many times!! i dont know if you know the htc desire menu but in the APN settings there are now 2 APN's TMI APN and TMI MMS APN but you can only highlight one of the radial buttons at anytime, maybe this is the problem. I have tried only highlighting the MMS one but it still wont download the mms and when that is highlighted the internet wont work! thanks anyway hopefully, as i said someone with a htc Desire may have it working

• Advertisement

Two APNs is OK an only one will be checked.

Try this its the last thing that I can think of

"Open the Phone dialer and type in *#*#4636#*#*
    Tap on Phone Information
    Scroll Down and set Toggle DNS Check to 0.0.0.0 Allowed"

Reboot after

regards
    Paul

• Registered Users Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭long_b

Hi Paul,
    Did that " something big next week" yoke ever materialise ?
    Just curious ...

long_b wrote: »
    Hi Paul,
    Did that " something big next week" yoke ever materialise ?
    Just curious ...

Yes, we announced free calls, texts and picture messages to other Tesco Mobile customers for 30 days when you topup by just 10eur.

Hi Paul,
    That is also set as "allowed" :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭adr

Is anyone else having problems with Internet connectivity in D2/D4 area? My wife's mobile and mine can't connect since yesterday afternoon.

• Advertisement

Hi Adr

There was an issue yeterday that was affecting some of the user base with connecctivity that was flagged resolved. Let me follow up now.

rgards
    Paul

Hi Adr

This issue should be resolved now.

regards
    Paul

• Registered Users Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭jay93

I had a slight issue yesterday nite where i couldnt connect without the proxy enabled has been resolved since and can use all my apps again :)

Hi Paul just wondering if Tesco Mobile 3G has a limited download speed at the moment?

O2's network is well able of speeds over 4Mb/s in this area from testing an o2 dongle and with Tesco Mobile i barely get over 1Mb/s even late at night.

Would it help if i moved my number onto a 3G sim card as my sim is one of the older one's i got it when Tesco launched in Ireland?

Hi Jay

Yes we are limited to 3G speeds. You won't get HSPA speeds. That said we gave noticed significant improvements in speeds in the last month due to O2 network improvements. You will now get 700kbps to 1mbps where you were getting a max of around 450kbps previously.

Our data service is aimed at mobile phone usage where these speeds will meet most needs.

Regards
    Paul

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭ubuntulinux

Hi Jay

Yes we are limited to 3G speeds. You won't get HSPA speeds. That said we gave noticed significant improvements in speeds in the last month due to O2 network improvements. You will now get 700kbps to 1mbps where you were getting a max of around 450kbps previously.

Our data service is aimed at mobile phone usage where these speeds will meet most needs.

Regards
    Paul

Paul
    I have noticed that speed increase on my HTC Wildfire in the last week or two.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭emo72

paul i cant send or receive picture messages. can u sort it for me?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Abelloid

emo72 wrote: »

What the hell is a picture message? :p

JustinOval wrote: »
    What the hell is a picture message? :p

ah justin:p your a cheeky bugger:D

What's ur phone model,emo?

• Advertisement

htc desire paul

Hi Emo

On my phone now but if you go to our Facebook page linked below and go to the discussions tab. Settings are also on the previous page to this but there us a typo in the mmsc servlets should be spealt servlets not servelets

Regards
    Paul

Hi Emo

On my phone now but if you go to our Facebook page linked below and go to the discussions tab. Settings are also on the previous page to this but there us a typo in the mmsc servlets should be spealt servlets not servelets

Regards
    Paul

no joy paul. i only have one apn setting. but i think the top part of the settings is the internet section, and the bottom is the mms settings. does this make sense?

anyhow i was trying to add different settings and i lost my 3g internet settings altogether. then i got them back!

i dont want to lose what i have, but i would like to get to the bottom of the picture messaging

If you follow the instructions on the Facebook page it will show you how to setup with 2 apn's. Make sure to reboot your phone after

Regards
    Paul

i dont have facebook. and i cant see a link.

edit....sorry paul, just found facebook page. will try find help there.

It's in the discussions tab in Facebook will copy it in here later when at a PC.

hi paul got that 2nd apn set up and working. picture that went thru was thumbnail size though. very small. any other settings i need?

hi paul got that 2nd apn set up and working. picture that went thru was thumbnail size though. very small. any other settings i need?

Those Android settings for those without facebook are below. Re MMS picture size check if there is a place to set a default size. Try either 307200 or Network Default as values depending on what you can set.

1. Go to Settings-> Wireless&Networks->Mobile Networks and turn on Data Roaming

2. Go to Settings-> Wireless&Networks->Mobile Networks->Access Point Names and delete all existing APN’s.

3. Create a new Internet APN with settings

Name: TMI Internet APN
    APN Type: default, supl

(sometimes for APN Type setting you are only allowed choose froma list. If so choose Internet or default)

4. Create a new MMS APN with settings

Name: TMI MMS APN
    MMSC: http://mmc1/servlets/mms
    MMS Proxy: 10.1.11.19
    MMS Port: 8080
    APN Type: mms

regards
    Paul

Hi Jay

Regards
    Paul

Hi paul thanks for clearing that up altough my phone is always connected over the HSPA network (even when im not online) i get speeds of 1.2Mbps which is grand for my needs i have found tesco mobile's internet service to be very reliable and consistant.
    I have noticed its getting quicker tough i used to get a max of around 500Kbps now i get over 1Mb/s :D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭gripcasey

Hi Paul

For the last week i cant send text messages, i can receive them ok. its driving me mad.
    I am using a Vodafone 845 unlocked for the last 6 months with no problems until now.
    Any ideas.

Pat

Advertisement