Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco Mobile 3g - Anyone having Problems

Options
1192021222325»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭GIMP

O2 have being doing network upgrades allover the place recently which is accounting for sporadic outages.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭davidod1

Hi,

I am not able to receive MMS messages but I no issues with Internet or regular use.

I have a Nexus 4 and that will only allow the use of one APN at a time. I tried creating a new APN as per the guidelines suggested by Paul earlier on on this thread but to no avail.

As MMS messages can be a regular feature in modern telephony I would expect there to have been an alternative combined APN to suite most of today's phones that require them; the Nexus 4 included.

I would be surprised if this issue hasn't arisen before now and if someone hasn't come up with a solution.

Any ideas would be very welcome.

Dave

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭lil5

davidod1 wrote: »
    Hi,

I am not able to receive MMS messages but I no issues with Internet or regular use.

I have a Nexus 4 and that will only allow the use of one APN at a time. I tried creating a new APN as per the guidelines suggested by Paul earlier on on this thread but to no avail.

As MMS messages can be a regular feature in modern telephony I would expect there to have been an alternative combined APN to suite most of today's phones that require them; the Nexus 4 included.

I would be surprised if this issue hasn't arisen before now and if someone hasn't come up with a solution.

Any ideas would be very welcome.

Dave

Hi Dave

Have a look at Tescomobile's own forum -
    http://www.boards.ie/ttforum/1542

There's also this thread:
    Unable to receive or send an MMS -
    http://www.boards.ie/ttfthread/2057090528

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭davidod1

Thanks for that lil5. I didn't know there was a specific Tescomobile forum, I checked it out. A known issue all right but only some answers; not all successful.

If I don't get to solve it I will post on that forum. Thanks again.

Dave

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭QDF

I have recently transferred from Vodafone to Tesco Mobile and got my voicemail working using the code Dial **004*08x5xxxxxxx# & Call.

However, my voicemail button is still not working. I have tried *5005*86*171# but substituting 87 instead of 86, as I came from Vodafone. Still no success with it.

I have also noticed the following on the Tesco Mobile site regarding settings
    "Data roaming and packet data also need to be enabled as we share O2’s coverage and some phones pick this up as roaming"

However, there is no option for an Apple iPhone in this particular web page.

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭lil5

QDF wrote: »
    Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Hi QDF

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭QDF

lil5 wrote: »
    Hi QDF

Hi lil5,

Thanks for the reply. However, I cannot find any answer to these queries on Tescomobile's own forum or on their webpage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 JoZo

Hi, I've seen here similar problems but all were solved in PM...
    Tesco Mobile phone cannot connect to the network, Tesco network forbidden when I want to chose it manually but wifi connection working very well.
    What to do?

Advertisement