Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The John Murray Show

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭jimmyw

Brendan was being a little coy about what happened to his arm!

The impression I got from the answer to the question about speculation regarding the possibility of Darcy taking over the Saturday night slot, was that he would like to continue, but shur RTE are liable to possibly sling (pardon the pun) him out on his ear anytime even though ratings has gone up.

If he does get the slot, I for one wont be looking at it.Its bad enough listening to Ray without seeing him as well.

Joe D wont be happy about what he said about him:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭CountyHurler

I was sure that John Murray would start the show with a few clips from the inaugural Ray D'Arcy show yesterday...

Not impressed by Ciara Kelly backing away from her remarks last week... Her remarks were DIRECTLY at one woman last week, so for her to say "It wasnt about her, she knows that I have a problem with binge drinking in this country, and that's what it was all about" is disingenuous....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭serfboard

I was sure that John Murray would start the show with a few clips from the inaugural Ray D'Arcy show yesterday...

Not impressed by Ciara Kelly backing away from her remarks last week... Her remarks were DIRECTLY at one woman last week, so for her to say "It wasnt about her, she knows that I have a problem with binge drinking in this country, and that's what it was all about" is disingenuous....
    Between this and her appearance on Marian Finucane she's had to do a fair amount of damage limitation.

I enjoyed the piece yesterday about music plagiarism (nicking music notes), but now I might be listening out for music that sounds like others.:(:P

• Registered Users Posts: 13,003 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

Q) What is worse than middle age listeners messing up karaoke singing down the phone before 10AM in the Morning?

A) Middle age listeners messing up karaoke singing on the John Murray Show.

Q) Any way to make it worse?

A) Do it all week long on the John Murray show.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭shockwave

Q) What is worse than middle age listeners messing up karaoke singing down the phone before 10AM in the Morning?

A) Middle age listeners messing up karaoke singing on the John Murray Show.

Q) Any way to make it worse?

A) Do it all week long on the John Murray show.

Awful stuff almost as bad as funny friday :pac:

Oh John, just stfu... dreadful "jokes" every damn morning...

Kathryn Thomas doesnt wear much makeup.... I like Kathryn and I think she's a good radio presenter, but it's a bit hard to believe that statement if you have ever seen her on The Voice or on Operation Transformation... I would have said that she is the RTE presenter that gets the most work before putting her in front of camera... Hair dyed, eye makeup, lipstick...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Oops69

Kathryn Thomas doesnt wear much makeup.... I like Kathryn and I think she's a good radio presenter, but it's a bit hard to believe that statement if you have ever seen her on The Voice or on Operation Transformation... I would have said that she is the RTE presenter that gets the most work before putting her in front of camera... Hair dyed, eye makeup, lipstick...
    what about the men they put in drag to do the sports bulletins on the evening news , jeez camogie gives BIG shoulders.:)

Is this Ross O'Carroll Kelly's girlfriend?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Is this Ross O'Carroll Kelly's girlfriend?
    Which one?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,027 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Former IRA leader doing the weekend sports review

strange world

Julie Feeney would be a lot better if she didnt put on that stupid voice when she's singing... She has a nice voice if she would just sing properly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

What the hell was that "Aussie falls under train" anecdote about? I missed the start and couldn't be arsed to wait to the end of it.

What the hell was that "Aussie falls under train" anecdote about? I missed the start and couldn't be arsed to wait to the end of it.
    Something about a woman writer who went to India to write about Kebabs and literally fell under a train in Mumbai.

She emerged unscathed (physically) and it changed her life. Though in what way I don't know becuase I didn't hear the rest of the interview!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,003 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

Everybody's favourite psychotherapist/misery merchant, Michael Murphy, featured on the Thursday show. This actually made me leave for work early.

Everybody's favourite psychotherapist/misery merchant, Michael Murphy, featured on the Thursday show. This actually made me leave for work early.

I actually don't mind listening to him, there are worse people to listen to.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Interesting discussion on revenge there, but I'm not sure if the bloke was fully correct when he said all major religions preach forgiveness rather than vengeance.

This is a bit much for 9.30 in the morning.. could they not have left this later in the day... Driving in the car on the way in I felt a bit like Tommy Tiernan on the bus in Father Ted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

This is a bit much for 9.30 in the morning.. could they not have left this later in the day... Driving in the car on the way in I felt a bit like Tommy Tiernan on the bus in Father Ted.
    I didn't listen this morning, what was on?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,113 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Sorry Ivy, soon as I hear Johns voice, off button is pushed.

Sorry can't help.

Yer man Rasher, the artist was on, and John had him in tears on the radio... at 9.20 in the f**king morning... Give us a break with the damned misery RTE...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭Pelvis Parsley

They're fixated on it. He should know better.

Is this a paid-for advertisement for Terry Prone's company? It's fairly sickening the power that her and her husband have in RTE...

The whole point of Renua is that the Ministers try to be HONEST with the public, and not use "media trainers" like Terry Prone to tell them how to deceive the public....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭BarryD

Is this a paid-for advertisement for Terry Prone's company? It's fairly sickening the power that her and her husband have in RTE...

The whole point of Renua is that the Ministers try to be HONEST with the public, and not use "media trainers" like Terry Prone to tell them how to deceive the public....

You're spot on the ball there I think re the influence they have. Mind you, got some bad press of sorts, in a sideways sort of way, when it transpired in a couple of reports that the same company was obfuscating on behalf of the religious order than ran the infamous home for fallen women in Tuam. They're all the same these 'media communications' people - whoever pays the piper, calls the tune.

BarryD wrote: »
    They're all the same these 'media communications' people - whoever pays the piper, calls the tune.
    Sorry now, but I think you're being a bit naive there. "Calling the tune" (AKA "managing the message") is exactly what people are doing when they hire one of these "pipers".

I agree with the general point about Terry Prone though - I've no problem with her running her own business. But, appearing on RTÉ to promote her business, which her husband, the chairman of the RTE Authority, is a Director of, smacks of conflict of interest to me. There is also, IMO, a conflict of interest in her appearing on review shows commenting on current affairs involving politicians who are clients of hers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭BarryD

serfboard wrote: »
    Sorry now, but I think you're being a bit naive there. "Calling the tune" (AKA "managing the message") is exactly what people are doing when they hire one of these "pipers".

That's precisely what I mean - I wouldn't believe a word they come out with. It may be their business but I have little respect for people who'll happily talk out of both sides of their mouth, according as to who is writing the cheque.

BarryD wrote: »
    It may be their business but I have little respect for people who'll happily talk out of both sides of their mouth, according as to who is writing the cheque.
    That's the legal profession dispensed with so. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,113 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

serfboard wrote: »

I agree with the general point about Terry Prone though - I've no problem with her running her own business. But, appearing on RTÉ to promote her business, which her husband, the chairman of the RTE Authority, is a Director of, smacks of conflict of interest to me. There is also, IMO, a conflict of interest in her appearing on review shows commenting on current affairs involving politicians who are clients of hers.

Good synopsis there, I actually did hear that excerpt in a colleagues car and really felt as you do- complete conflict of interest.

To hear Mary O'Rourke blithely dismissing the blame FF attitude got on my goat too.
    You were in Govt for 14 years Mary, and you wrecked the place,wrecked it bad.

Bit of a brass neck trying to duck out of that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭mbur

Good synopsis there, I actually did hear that excerpt in a colleagues car and really felt as you do- complete conflict of interest.

To hear Mary O'Rourke blithely dismissing the blame FF attitude got on my goat too.
    You were in Govt for 14 years Mary, and you wrecked the place,wrecked it bad.

Bit of a brass neck trying to duck out of that.

Hell yeah. Brass necks all round while we have a go at these new upstarts and make sure full attention is drawn to yer man's bad interview.

Well done John, keep the management happy. I'm sure there is some irony with his next guest being an expert on chronic pain management.

Advertisement