Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The John Murray Show

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Feck it I missed that. I purposely don't list to RTE in the mornings because it's all bad news and gob****e politicians. Murray would depress the Samaritans😨. Afraid it's Marty for me until 10.00

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭CountyHurler

Fairly nauseating interview this morning with Michael Murphy ... The man certainly has a high opinion of himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,042 ✭✭✭✭neris

Fairly nauseating interview this morning with Michael Murphy ... The man certainly has a high opinion of himself.

dont listen to murray but flicked to sean o rourke early and heard the end of the show and an attempt at irish dancing down a phone line on the radio. sure out does food tasting on the radio. and your man murphy should spend a day trying to remove his head from his hole

neris wrote: »
    and your man murphy should spend a day trying to remove his head from his hole

I dont think that Murphy is very good at his job either, cos if he pscyhoanalyzed himself for five minutes he would be able to work out that he is suffering from Joe Duffy Syndrome....

Joe Duffy Syndrome... A non congenital condition, but an acquired deficiency that results from spending large amounts of time in RTE. The symptoms include the following:
    - Liking the sound of one's own voice.
    - Giving huge regard to one's own opinion.
    - A belief in one's own superiority, without any real grounds for that belief.

Why not play him back your intro "jokes", John...let the voice coach see what he thinks of your delivery, see if he thinks it as bad as everybody else thinks it is........

• Advertisement

Just looking up that Kano Kit, that the chap is talking about...

the-stuff.png

You connect up a speaker, a circuit board (one of those Raspberry Pi things), the keyboard and the plug... I think the phrase "build your own computer" is absolutely ridiculous in this context...

I mean just cos I plug in the telly, and connect up the DVD player and the satellite doesnt mean that I've built the telly..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭jimmyw

That first song by Johnny McEvoy was poignant as well as nice this morning.

I'd say John ran over time with one of the items as he was supposed to have an item of Irish sayings from a Polish lady, but no mention of it afterwards.

John is like a square peg in a round hole on that show, and he should see the writing on the wall, and get on his bike...

there's a few appropriate cliches for you...

Oh dear... make it stop....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭my friend

Oh dear... make it stop....

What's happening?

• Advertisement

my friend wrote: »
    What's happening?

John Murray comedy...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭my friend

His newly elected TD nephew Paul Murphy has some of the same foibles and more but the suckers love it

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭sudzs

Short enough interview with Love Hates Janet there. They covered most of last nights GBH but no mention of what happened to poor Fran!!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Just switched over from Newstalk.

Was John in some kind of a race to play the first cheesy Christmas song of the year.

Actually, make that the first Christmas song of any kind. :(

FFS give it another few weeks at least John & Co. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Lapin wrote: »
    Just switched over from Newstalk.

Was John in some kind of a race to play the first cheesy Christmas song of the year.

Actually, make that the first Christmas song of any kind. :(

FFS give it another few weeks at least John & Co. :mad:

You're lucky you didn't hear the rest of the show. It was all depression and cancer. For a change.

Three more stupid puns to start the show today.. John Murray cant do humour, RTE, can you not get him to read out some funny tweets or something..

• Registered Users Posts: 9,962 ✭✭✭thesandeman

Shay Byrne covering this morning. Think Callans Kicks is the only show he hasn't done at this stage. He did a silly joke as well.

Shay Byrne covering this morning. Think Callans Kicks is the only show he hasn't done at this stage. He did a silly joke as well.

Shay Byrne was excellent this morning... He is absolutely perfect for this job, so you can be assured that RTE will never consider him for it on a permanent basis.... Back to John Murray with his puns and inevitable guests with depression and alcoholism tomorrow..

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭Bellerstring

Can't see Byrne getting this gig.
    He's a model for Mooney's slot.
    Loves the aul musicals and Eurovision and singing in the shower and all that shyte.
    Although, sometimes Murray and Mooney's shows are pretty interchangeable.
    Byrne is too giddy and and laughy all the time for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭BarryD

Loves the aul musicals and Eurovision and singing in the shower and all that shyte.

That's about it alright!

• Advertisement

He's a model for Mooney's slot.
    Byrne is too giddy and and laughy all the time for me.

yeah, without ever seeming to contrive to do so, he has completely copied Mooney's style... Well, Mooney back when he first started in radio, not the curmudgeon that we have on air now.

That slot between 9am and 10am is pitched as being "a bit of light relief before going back in to the current affairs with Sean O'rourke" and Shay Byrne is the perfect fit for that role..

The top ten youtube clips watched by Irish people..... on the radio.... Absolute genius...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭Glebee

Im kind of fond of Shay Byrne, he seems to have good manner about him and hes also filling in alot for other slots at the moment. I usually only catch him the odd morning from 05:30am-7:00am and I have to say I like him anyway,. He plays a wide variety of music also..

I think it's fairly appropriate that A Very Murray Christmas is supporting Aware, cos that depressed the sh1te out of me.... A poem by Joseph O'Connor, followed by comedian/profound thinker Michael Harding, then a poem about depression to finish off the night.... Well if that dont put you in the Christmas mood I dont know what will..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭BarryD

It's a double act, don't you know - John in the morning and Joe in the afternoon :) Maybe there's some subliminal messaging going on - make us all thankful for small mercies and off the streets etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,042 ✭✭✭✭neris

dont normally listen to john murray but had it on just now and he had some reporter out asking teenagers in cork some general knowledge questions. listening to it id really fear for the future of the country. One kid telling him they dont need to know some stuff he asked

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

neris wrote: »
    dont normally listen to john murray but had it on just now and he had some reporter out asking teenagers in cork some general knowledge questions. listening to it id really fear for the future of the country. One kid telling him they dont need to know some stuff he asked
    Oh, I don't know, the teenagers were in groups, I reckon a lot of them were just pretending not to know the answers!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

Oh, I don't know, the teenagers were in groups, I reckon a lot of them were just pretending not to know the answers!

Hope you're right Ivy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

There is something seriously wrong with this operation transformation lark. A woman is after losing a pound and a half and you'd swear she had put on a stone.

It's very unhealthy to try to lose weight fast. It's better to lose weight slowly and steadily to keep it off after. Of course, the producers don't care if the participants are fatter afterwards.

• Advertisement

Fair play to John for asking the question...

Advertisement