Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The John Murray Show

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭CountyHurler

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    I lasted about 30 seconds (as far as the Joan Burton gag) and suddenly Marty seemed like an attractive prospect. Says it all really.

I got the idea to change over after thirty seconds as well. I thought you said I had no good ideas.. :(

That quiz fairly well killed the hour for him didnt it.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,065 ✭✭✭✭Odyssey 2005

John Murray murdering a load of cats in the Gaiety this morning. This makes The Voice look good.😨😨

The RTE Search For Sandy? Should RTE not be carrying out their own Search To Replace Ryan Tubridy on 2FM ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Oops69

I thought Katherine Thomas did a good job so far this week, seems to have done her research and engages genuinely with her guests. However this morning she's at some outside broadcast with a group of women going 'woo, woo", and she's back to her shouty loud 'winning streak' former self .Relax, Katherine for gods sake .

• Advertisement

Oops69 wrote: »
    I thought Katherine Thomas did a good job so far this week, seems to have done her research and engages genuinely with her guests.

Kathryn Thomas is absolutely perfect for that 9am-10am on Radio One.. they should just give the slot to her and move John Murray back behind the scenes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭mrsdewinter

Kathryn Thomas is absolutely perfect for that 9am-10am on Radio One.. they should just give the slot to her and move John Murray back behind the scenes.

No - bring John M back to Morning Ireland. Hard news is his strong suit.

Did anybody hear that segment this morning with the older men who married the younger women... One guy, Mick, married the daughter of a rugby buddy of his... 19 years his junior.. When Kathryn asked him what were the advantages of going out with somebody much younger than he he said.... "She has a load of hot mates".... :eek::eek: Thought it was a bit cringey tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,300 ✭✭✭Bits_n_Bobs

Jesus - another 'I entitled becos I live in a bog' piece of drivel....

John has managed to find a trio of people who are as funny as himself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,858 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

John has managed to find a trio of people who are as funny as himself.

I thought they were good!

Another round of stupid puns this morning... Does John actually think that this is funny.. Puns are not funny, they are the lowest laziest form of wit... "A man has won the longest beard competition.. he won it by a whisker"... Just stupid childish nonsense you would expect to hear on kids TV...

They should just give the show to Kathryn Thomas.. She's surprisingly good on the radio, and she does go on with any of John's aul dubalin humour..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Oops69

Another round of stupid puns this morning... Does John actually think that this is funny.. Puns are not funny, they are the lowest laziest form of wit... "A man has won the longest beard competition.. he won it by a whisker"... Just stupid childish nonsense you would expect to hear on kids TV...

They should just give the show to Kathryn Thomas.. She's surprisingly good on the radio, and she does go on with any of John's aul dubalin humour..
    I'd say she probably has been offered it ,but she is happy as she is , does the locum gigs and a load of other openings/ appearances etc. etc , she probably doesn't want to be tied down , afterall nothing good has come out of this slot for the last few years .

Meant to post this yesterday but forgot - now listening to Playback has reminded me....

John Murray interviewing Tommy Tiernan is possibly the worst combination on radio I can think of.

There was a time I used to actually like TT's rantings and ravings, they had a humourous edge to them - but he'd sour milk these days, an unpleasant, nasty, bitchy, mean individual :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

It's too early in the morning for squeaky fiddles :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,800 ✭✭✭take everything

Sinead O' Connor on the show.
    Just finished.
    Always interesting.

Going from Sinead O'Connor to an X-factor wannabe, leagues apart.

Oh good, another discussion of depression to kick of the day...

That child isn't being honest, she's being a brat.

Good god, will you just sing the thing properly ffs...

• Advertisement

If you took away John Murray's sound effects CD, I reckon there would be no show at all...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Would I be considered sexist if I referred to the current guest as a clown?

Why didnt Phil Chevron donate his guitars to the victims... I'm sure these guys in prison have enough of other people's stuff...

"Some of the lads think they could have done a better job than Love/Hate"... scumbags...

• Registered Users Posts: 43,025 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Francis Brennan should stand in for Joe on Liveline:D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭P. Breathnach

Why didnt Phil Chevron donate his guitars to the victims...
    I think the idea is that the programme can lead to there being fewer victims after these lads get out. Rehabilitation is one of the purposes of prison.

Oliver Callan is already 20 times better than Murray.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭P. Breathnach

Oliver Callan is already 20 times better than Murray.
    He is doing a great deal better than I would have expected.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,025 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

never copped who it was

he is doing well

I only started listening half way into the show, I thought he was excellent, and I also didn't realise who it was til the end!

• Advertisement

Same as that, had no idea who it was - but I thought he sounded slightly panicked/giggly/uncomfortable (can't quite find the right word) with his last guest.

If that was his first time doing a chat show (it's the first time I've heard him certainly), that that was quite a baptism of fire!

Fair play to him, he was very good.

Advertisement