Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The John Murray Show

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,675 ✭✭✭serfboard

Heard someone on the show this morning, didn't catch the name, who sounded a lot like Eamonn Keane, formerly of NewsTalk.

Anyone hear it and able to confirm?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,949 ✭✭✭✭IvyTheTerrible

serfboard wrote: »
    Heard someone on the show this morning, didn't catch the name, who sounded a lot like Eamonn Keane, formerly of NewsTalk.

Yep, it was Eamonn Keane. He was singing one of his songs, talking about his father's problems with addiction, and how he wants to become a counselor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

serfboard wrote: »

It's the same song he was doing the rounds with a couple of years ago.. I dont think it's very good... It's the sort of song that I'm sure he himself thinks is profound, with a profound topic and a profound title... but its really just not a good song..

• Registered Users Posts: 12,973 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

Yep, it was Eamonn Keane. He was singing one of his songs, talking about his father's problems with addiction, and how he wants to become a counselor.

Another on air therapist for the JM show? I'd say Michael Murphy must be fierce upset; that's his gig :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,675 ✭✭✭serfboard

Another on air therapist for the JM show? I'd say Michael Murphy must be fierce upset; that's his gig :pac:
    Well, judging from Derek Mooney's introduction today (I know, I was listening - I "accidentally" heard it - honest! :o ) Michael Murphy has moved to that show instead! So maybe there's room for 2 (or 3 if you count the slot that Marian Finucane has).

• Advertisement

Diarmuid Ferriter did a great job of not mentioning academics and RTE broadcasters among the elite in society..

An online dating agency.. This was somebody's "brainchild" ten years ago... why are they presenting this as something new...

Murray: "Are looks important?"
    Online Dating Guy: "No, looks arent important at all".
    :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭sudzs

Hadn't tuned in to this show for ages. Tuned in just now and it's bloody Jay Bourke! :rolleyes:

sudzs wrote: »
    Hadn't tuned in to this show for ages. Tuned in just now and it's bloody Jay Bourke! :rolleyes:
    Waffling exactly the same tripe he was waffling on Joe Duffy a year ago. "I'd love to meet her and discuss what I can do"

Waffling exactly the same tripe he was waffling on Joe Duffy a year ago. "I'd love to meet her and discuss what I can do"

I can't abide the man. Entrepreneur, me hole, he's a chancer!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,924 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

sudzs wrote: »
    I can't abide the man. Entrepreneur, me hole, he's a chancer!

Rarely do I listen to this show but I had to hear berks former employees story. I commend john Murray for allowing her to respond to berks self centered, self promoting rant the previous day. Berks treatment of her & indeed numerous suppliers is quite simply disgusting, he then decided to come on the show a second time to dig the hole he is in even deeper. Rarely have I heard such arrogance on radio, he told listeners how braze he was, perhaps the word he should have used was brazen. How any supplier, potential employee would consider for one second dealing with or supporting any new venture of his is beggars belief. Berk & cowboys like him are the very reason so many people have left the catering business.

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

"I must remember to contribute to the forum in a manner befitting an adult!"

Shay Byrne is so much better at this show than John Murray.. They should put him on it full time straight away..

"There is no funding for field archery in this country, Neil"...

Did this guy go asleep in 2006 and wake up yesterday?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,962 ✭✭✭Greenman

Turned on yesterday ie Wednesday for a few minutes and thought I was listening to Community Radio Bog. Was I really listening to RTE Radio 1?:confused::confused::confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 43,024 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

vinyl sounds so much better over the airwaves:D

Shay Byrne still infinitely better than John Murray.. Get rid of Murray and get rid of his stupid music..

Couple of risqué jokes this morning.. The one about Gerry Adams "blowing stuff up", and the one about the rubber gloves.. I think Delamere might be a bit too on the edge for Radio One.. I'm sure there will be a few stuffed shirts listening back to this upstairs later on today.

Ohmigod, somebody please tell these two eejits the difference between contagious and infelicitous. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

So what's the story, if anyone knows.

mike65 wrote: »
    So what's the story, if anyone knows.
    John Murray is on sick leave, apparently.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,589 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

That interview with the son of John Wayne this morning was downright bizarre.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭joolsveer

I hope they get rid of Miriam as soon as possible as she has no personality and never engages with anyone she is interviewing.

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭mbur

John Murray is on sick leave, apparently.
    Get well soon please John.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭Bullseye1

The fact that the woman cannot even confirm if it could be her dog says alot. So she just lets the dog out and keeps no attention as to where it goes. Sigh.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,962 ✭✭✭Greenman

Who's John Murray?

Can nothing be done about that stupid theme tune?

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭Rochester

Miriam is on again this week. Time to switch over I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,024 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Norton is on with her

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

RTE really need to stop naming shows after presenters.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭chasmcb

Murray's been out for about two months now hasn't he? Must be serious whatever it is ails him for this long.

Advertisement