Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

1st Triathlon in 2011 thread

Options

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Signed up for Tri795.........who's next !

Bike decision is down to Trek 2.1 and Focus Cayo 105 :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:
    That focus looks damn good for the money. You ridden either of em?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,197 ✭✭✭elvis jones

Not yet but I ran it by my bike machanic and he thinks the focus is hard to pass at that price.

I'll add gator tyres and design profile T1 + aero bars as well.

One of the guys has trek and thinks it's a good bike.....BUT the aero is carbon with the 105 !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭couerdelion

The Focus has some really good reviews from the magazines (I read them on wiggle).

I'll add gator tyres and design profile T1 + aero bars as well.
    Jealous. It'll be a long time and many miles before Im steady enough on the bike to use aero bars... I must be the only person who reached adulthood without learning to ride a bike. :D

Good luck with whichever you go for (Id pick the focus fwiw!)

The Focus has some really good reviews from the magazines (I read them on wiggle).

Ya i'm leaning towards to it now to be honest !!!

I have a mechanic here to fit me for it so that helps with shopping online.

So tomorrow will be my last tri on the Giant............for 795 it will be carbon man :D

• Advertisement

Oryx wrote: »
    Jealous. It'll be a long time and many miles before Im steady enough on the bike to use aero bars... I must be the only person who reached adulthood without learning to ride a bike. :D

Good luck with whichever you go for (Id pick the focus fwiw!)

Looking like the Focus if i'm honest, it will take a lot of work to get out with the aero bars.

I'll have to now work on my fitness to match the bike..........

Focus ordered............

Anyone else doing tri795, i've registered !

Any one racing in Athy at the weekend, i'll be there all weekend so pop over and say hello ( i'll have a mic in my hand )

Oh and i got the focus and its top notch !

Oh, Ill say hello alright, as long as I still have enough breath. :)

Entered bunclody too, even though I said I wouldnt. :p

Well done !

I have to get back in the pool for that !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭jester1980

ill pop over and say hello too, first tri, well nervous..

jester1980 wrote: »
    ill pop over and say hello too, first tri, well nervous..

Which are you doing ?

just doing the small one at 5pm on sat, said id start off small to see how i get on before the few sprints in the summer.

Ok,

The swim is all down stream and there is a good flow on it.

About 450 doing it, its very big compared to past yr. Cycle is out and back and run is good. I'll be at the end line to greet all.

450, holy god...Will they all go off the same time??

No there will be 5 waves on the day. Weather will be good so fingers crossed water temp will be up a bit.

elvis, do you know if the waves are available for the athy oly yet?

They are due to be up today, i know enteries closed Monday night so they are working on them from then on.

Guys are on site all day today marking the new Olympic cycle route so it could be this evening.

Are you doing sprint or olympic ?

Ah no hassle, it will just help me plan if I know what time Im out. Its olympic, my first one. :eek:

Ah no hassle, it will just help me plan if I know what time Im out. Its olympic, my first one. :eek:

ok it will br 600 up stream and 900 down stream, new cycle route that looks really good and the run has changed slightly from last yr after a problem with the start of the course.

about 700 doing it i think, over 100 doing the double, 450 doing the try and over 900 doing the sprint.

• Advertisement

Thanks for that info, very helpful. Im nervous of the swim, as even an 800m sea swim last night was awful. Best not to stress, tho, just suck it up and deal with it, somehow. :D

Thanks for that info, very helpful. Im nervous of the swim, as even an 800m sea swim last night was awful. Best not to stress, tho, just suck it up and deal with it, somehow. :D

Once you get the upstream out of the way you'll be fine as the flow on the way back will really help.

Also there are people out on the water shadowing the whole way.

Once you get the upstream out of the way you'll be fine as the flow on the way back will really help.

Also there are people out on the water shadowing the whole way.
    Its the flow on the upstream that concerns me! My cousins son will be out in the kayaks marshalling the swim. So Ive told him to watch for me if I start flapping about. :D

Any music requests:P

To quote Robin Williams in Goodmorning Vietnam:

ANYTHING! JUST PLAY IT LOUD! OKAY????:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,492 ✭✭✭Woddle

I've still yet to get on the bike this year :eek: and I havn't had a swim session in months. Time to get the finger out and have a bit of a blitz through June to be ready for Bunclody.
    The running is going well though.

Was thinking of doing an Aquathlon on Wed, any ever done one, this one is 750 m sea swim and 5 km run, are the distances ever the same??

jester1980 wrote: »
    Was thinking of doing an Aquathlon on Wed, any ever done one, this one is 750 m sea swim and 5 km run, are the distances ever the same??

Never did one but the distances seem perfect.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭couerdelion

(Pre Swim) - Billy Ocean - When the going gets tough
    (T1) Saxon - Ride Like the Wind
    (T2) Survivor - Eye of the Tiger or Vangelis - Chariots of Fire

• Advertisement

(Pre Swim) - Billy Ocean - When the going gets tough
    (T1) Saxon - Ride Like the Wind
    (T2) Survivor - Eye of the Tiger or Vangelis - Chariots of Fire

Thank dog its a request and not a demand:P

Advertisement