Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xfactor Discussion Thread 2010

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 446 ✭✭msbrightside

Well, that's my life planned until Christmas.

Yep, I'm actually that sad.:o

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

Oh I can't wait. The auditions are the best parts - a lot of people are so bad it's hilarious!

Where are the auditions this evening?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

I wonder who people will try to get Christmas number 1 to piss off Simon Cowell, I suggest this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

If we're going with Rolf Harris then I suggest this:

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭Bonkers_xOx

Oh I can't wait. The auditions are the best parts - a lot of people are so bad it's hilarious!

Where are the auditions this evening?

Dublin auditions tonight!:D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

While I sort of see the appeal of the program, I don't see how you can watch more than one series. It's the same thing every year, they even use the same template for editing and presenting contests.

Sad music, a sob story and some skeptic judges = OMG NEXT MICHAEL JACKSON

Aragont music, overly confident contestant and bemused judges = One of Cowel's 4 insults.

Repeat until the finals.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

DO, your post actually makes me more excited about the X-Factor :o

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

I... you... uh...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

Is it Dublin auditions tonight?
    I thought Dublin was one of the last audition stages? Gerri Halliwell, Natalie Imbrulia (sp?), Pixie Lott and a few more celeb judges were on before Katy Perry in Dublin!

But anyway, I can't wait. ;D

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭Bonkers_xOx

I was at the first round of auditions in Croke Park (Don't worry, I wasn't auditioning, I was supporting my friend:P) and they told us Dublin would be first shown... could've been just a way to get everyone to watch the first episode and then get ADDICTED!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

TOMMY I THOUGHT YOU SAID YOU WERE CHANGING THE CHARTER TO PREVENT THIS >_<

Yeah I don't think it's going to be the first shown, it'll probably get half an episode with somewhere else fairly small!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,861 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Fad wrote: »
    TOMMY I THOUGHT YOU SAID YOU WERE CHANGING THE CHARTER TO PREVENT THIS >_<

It's better to just have one thread, it contains the madness!

I'd hate to have to infract/ban people for talking about X-Factor. I mean, the poor people who watch it already have enough problems :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭ohthebaby

Now I like The X Factor as much as the next person and I get caught up in the excitement of it all as it nears the end but I can't help but say it's the most set up thing on TV. My mother and sister hate when I watch it with them cos all I do is give out. I was at the judges stage in Dublin and it really is so fixed. As in these two guys come out and sing some pop song. They're crap. The judges give them one more chance. The do opera and are ****ing amazing. Like I mean come on. I'm excited about it coming back but remember it's all so staged and fixed and that wrecks my head. And sob stories... UGH PUH-LEASE. Fix fix fix. But I still like it. But yeah, they know already I'd say who'll be in the last twelve or whatever. Probably before the live auditions even.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

ohthebaby wrote: »
    Now I like The X Factor as much as the next person and I get caught up in the excitement of it all as it nears the end but I can't help but say it's the most set up thing on TV. My mother and sister hate when I watch it with them cos all I do is give out. I was at the judges stage in Dublin and it really is so fixed. As in these two guys come out and sing some pop song. They're crap. The judges give them one more chance. The do opera and are ****ing amazing. Like I mean come on. I'm excited about it coming back but remember it's all so staged and fixed and that wrecks my head. And sob stories... UGH PUH-LEASE. Fix fix fix. But I still like it. But yeah, they know already I'd say who'll be in the last twelve or whatever. Probably before the live auditions even.

It's all about the moneyz $$$$ and obviously fixed.

But dammit, it's entertaining :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭OopsyDaisy

Can't wait to see my mates who tried out, a few got through a few rounds like :D

It's unbelievably addictive :D
    Love it though, keeps me entertained on a Saturday night
    (Yes, I really am that cool :P )

• Registered Users Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭EuropeanSon

This SH!TE is back? :0

OMFG, I'm off to kill myself... My tasteless family never stop watching it... Aaaaaarrrgghhh!!!!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,861 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Oh, by the way, (EuropeanSon, take note here) I will still be giving out yellow and red cards for trolling and thread-spoiling. This thread is for people who are actually following the show. It's not for haters to come in and take the piss.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭Extrasupervery

Fair enough if he doesn't like it...but casually threatening suicide like that's not cool.

Anywho - I hate hate hate America's Got Talent, The X Factor and all similar shows.

However I watch them all regularly.

And fall in love with several contestants a year.

MAKE IT STOP

I would thank your post IO but boards mobile wont allow me! :P

HATERS BE TROLLLIIINNNNG.

<3 X Factor. I want another Stacie Solomon or Lucie Jones! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭DancingQueen:)

I love the X Factor, apart from all of the sob stories and they way the judges put through people that really don't deserve it! I'll still be watching it though, I really like listening to people sing : )

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭OopsyDaisy

I just got invited to an XFactor party tonight...gonna be epic! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 446 ✭✭msbrightside

X Factor is one of those shows you just have to watch though. Coming up to the later stages it is all anyone talks about and if you don't watch it you feel like you're missing out.

Hope Dublin produces the goods tbh.

All I can see is You're A Star in my head. It really doesn't give me hope :o

There are 3 irish people through to judges houses soccy!

One is a 50 year old soloist and then theres a teen boy and girl who both auditioned as soloists and then they got put into a boyband and girlband! :)

Katy Perry tweeted that there was a definite winner in Dublin too. ;
    )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

I always tell myself I'm never gonna watch the X Factor, but I always end up watching it anyway. :o Funnily enough, I don't care so much about the carcrash audition; I usually only watch it when the final 12 are picked. I always hope there's at least one good singer.

I do hate the whole sob story part of it though. And Louis Walsh is an irritating knob.

Also, X-Factor totally pales in comparison to American Idol; some of the singers on American Idol make X-Factor contestants look like complete amateurs.

^ I've never seen a performance of that quality on X-Factor.

Meh, American Idols set up is fairly bad, I don't like it anyway, its a bit to serious, and theres far to much crap in it (like the amount of time spent on introductions, etc.)

X Factor is far more entertaining, its not all about the singing there, the judges also draw in a lot of viewers because of their fights, etc. :)

Noel2k9 wrote: »
    There are 3 irish people through to judges houses soccy!

One is a 50 year old soloist and then theres a teen boy and girl who both auditioned as soloists and then they got put into a boyband and girlband! :)

Katy Perry tweeted that there was a definite winner in Dublin too. ;)

I don't wanna be mean or anything but any chance you could use spoilers?! :o :P
    Because if the 50 year old soloist comes on, I'll know he's through now :pac::P

Hmmmm..
    definite winner in Dublin,eh?

Where do you hear all this goss?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Noel2k9 wrote: »
    Meh, American Idols set up is fairly bad, I don't like it anyway, its a bit to serious, and theres far to much crap in it (like the amount of time spent on introductions, etc.)

X Factor is far more entertaining, its not all about the singing there, the judges also draw in a lot of viewers because of their fights, etc. :)

And that's exactly why I prefer American Idol, where it is (mostly) about the singing. It still has the whole fake set up and judges fighting etc. but I have seen some seriously brilliant singers on it (like Crystal Bowersox, who was on the most recent series and only came second despite being consistently good in every performance she gave.)

Whereas they completely overdramatise X-Factor. I don't give a fcuk about sob stories or Simon Cowell's ego; the whole "judges fighting" thing is so staged it's pathetic. If they actually cared about finding someone who was a talented singer, they wouldn't make the show so much about themselves. It's just cheap, tacky and completely overshadows the rare genuinely talented singer who manages to get on the show.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 682 ✭✭✭illiop

I LOVE X-factor!

I hate the fake fights and the set-up sob stories, but I still love it, all the tackiness, the excitment, the build-up, and expecially when you watch it with friends. It was practically the only reason I stayed in college at the weekends was so we could have are little x-factor get togethers every sat.

I really hope another Joe doesn't win this year though, I hate him. I think it needs another boyband like JLS, who are my guilty pleasure. Also, another adorable person like Stacey "Uh MY GAWD!".

Advertisement