Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Super Duper Off Duty Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Jaysus, it's bloody miserable outside.

I might be talking to myself here re: golf. But I was meant to play golf this morning up in Druids Glen(very plush course in Wicklow and staged Irish Open in 99). Rescheduled for tomorrow, but it's meant to be pissing down again :mad:

Call me mental but I like the bad weather sometimes, gotten beyond sick of horrible humid, muggy days which is what passes for a summers day in this country. Roll on Autumn, crisp mornings, leaves, getting dark earlier again, Halloween, yay :D

• Registered Users Posts: 54,002 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

krudler wrote: »
    Call me mental but I like the bad weather sometimes, gotten beyond sick of horrible humid, muggy days which is what passes for a summers day in this country. Roll on Autumn, crisp mornings, leaves, getting dark earlier again, Halloween, yay :D

Same. I'm from an Asian background so you might think the heat wouldn't be all too terrible, but I complain, whine and moan when it comes to heat when it's anything around 20c or more like there's no tomorrow :pac:

Prefer overcast if anything. But this morning to afternoon was like a mini monsoon :P

It's just when you have something planned and the weather gets in the way is all.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,002 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

First time playing with the ACR there a few minutes ago, bloody hell, I think I may have found my new favourite weapon

• Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭GEasy

Leeg17 wrote: »
    The Leitrim (Beside O' Neills celtic bar), drop me a PM if you are, might head out for a look :D

Actually I remember I was there before summer. Cool

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

@ Krudler and Ade, I'm in bed here (nothing else to stay up for :p), and there's nothing nicer than leaving the window slightly open and hearing the rain fall outside, even better if it's really windy! :D

I'm not able to stand the really sticky warm heat, anything hotter than Ireland's "hot" is too much for me. I end up squinting all the time aswell if it's bright.

Headshot, the ACR is beast with RDS. Headshots (excuse the pun!) galore with it.

Oh and off topic further, I'm watching Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire on Bluray.
    She's hot :
    InBruges_scene_09.jpg

Oblig. Emma Watson :p

emma+watson_855_18473494_0_0_7006784_300.jpg

HAHA you'd defo rail Emma Watson. "I did Hermione Granger!" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Cossax

LakesKeane wrote: »
    HAHA you'd defo rail Emma Watson. "I did Hermione Granger!" :D

Have you seen her with short hair? :(:mad:

Headshot wrote: »
    First time playing with the ACR there a few minutes ago, bloody hell, I think I may have found my new favourite weapon

Stick stopping power on as an essential otherwise its a bit piddly, great gun though, fcuk the haters :pac:

Yes, Yes I have . Not good.:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,279 ✭✭✭ronanc15

out of curiousity how many people are actually going to pre-order black ops? Cant decide whether to do so or not!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

MARRY ME EMMA.

ahem...

I've a good funny pic about Hermoine, will root it out tomorrow for yiz.

it better not be the richard dawkins one!

i've got the hardened edition of black ops pre ordered.

Kersmash wrote: »
    it better not be the richard dawkins one!

I don't think I know about that one. Actually I'll put it up, gimme 5 mins

LakesKeane likes this icon_thumbabout.jpg

Actually I do hope my local gamestop has a midnight launch for that bad boy. I'll be up all night with that.

Edit : it's the same pic, different text. Guna look again now

Edit 2 : This is the pic, seems that there's loads of variations of this same pic.

4ce27cd8_62bd_e951.jpg

Kinda NSFW, but I found this while looking for that ^

http://yfrog.com/n248514867j

8000 posts, woo! :D

I feel pretty small, and big at the same time!

Found this in AH, thought I'd post it here for anyone that mightn't see it

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/525347

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Watched a couple of horror movies over the last few days.

Creep - trapped overnight in London Underground with a lovely, gentle killing machine.

Blackout - trapped in an broken elevator for 24 hours with 2 other people, one of which is a deranged killer. Watched last night.

Besides on or two scenes, one notably in Creep it's utter tripe. Ah the good ol days when horror movies used to be.. horror movies *sigh*

Anyone seen any decent movies lately, be it old or new?

That Blackout sounds awful familiar to a trailer I saw before "The Expendables".

Starts off with 4 people in a lift, and it's just about to close before some guy runs and just about gets in. Half way down it shudders and stops, lights flicker etc etc. Camera to the control room shows one of the women bleeding from the waist and it kicks off from there. It looked decent but not scary.

I haven't seen any good movies lately, I've like 500gb of movies I copied from a mate, a good 95% I haven't watched yet, most of them I've never heard of.

Am loving the weather at the mo, really wish I was off, the rain is battering off the office window, its a day in bed playing games day, and am stuck at work, bah :(

It's actually cleared up here, quite enjoyed the noice of rain pelting off the windows competing with the noise from my Tv : double kill! Ac-130 incoming. I wish.

I'm still in bed though, not getting up no matter what! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Predator_

I dont have the motivation to try hard anymore in this game. Thing is pubs are full of try hard 12 year old English kids. Getting v boring for me.

I hate the phrase try hard. There's nothing wrong with trying to do well in a game! Some people do go a little ott though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Predator_

I hate the phrase try hard. There's nothing wrong with trying to do well in a game! Some people do go a little ott though.

I agree but it just takes the fun out of it imo. I just want to sit back and enjoy playing mw2 at this stage, not play against 12 year olds who play as if their life is at stake.

My ribs hurt, really bad. I haven't laughed so much in a looong time, just came back from seeing "Dinner With Schmucks". Steve Carrell deserves an Oscar for it really :D

Oh and my data reset back to 15.4gb for the month, woo

76 guests, 2 members. 78 total online in CoD, new record? :)

Edit : 88

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Stargate SG1 is probably the best show ever made... love it when you finally get round to watching a show. Only started watching supernatural a few months back... it was awesome too !

Still have 6 more seasons of sg1 to watch + atlantis etc ! YEAH !

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement