Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Super Duper Off Duty Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,569 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

Leeg17 wrote: »
    What's on the 11th? Whatever you do, don't get any of the mobile I can barely load Google broadband sh1te whatever you do

House warming :)

I already have mobile 3 Broadband, I only use it for boards and emails... Wouldn't even hook the PS3 up to it

I am dying for a game though :(

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Tallon wrote: »
    No, sesh on the 11th
    Don't know when i'll be online. I'm on hold to UPC now for the last 8 1/2 minutes....

I really don't wanna go with eircom but I might have to

eircom is ok if you're stuck, expect 3 bar connection constantly, but a ton of slowdown if playing at peak times, 6-9pm etc. my eircom contract runs out this month so gonna go with either magnet or smart telecom, both have 24mb lines in my area now, no download limit, no contention ratio, woot :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

House warming :)

I already have mobile 3 Broadband, I only use it for boards and emails... Wouldn't even hook the PS3 up to it

I am dying for a game though :(

Ah ok, I'll BMOB ;)

That's exactly what I'm using, 3 mobile. I was once playing and I was shooting the ump, lagg was so bad I emptied the clip and then it magically re-filled, emptied by itself, and magically refilled again.

The place im staying in college this year (as with last year) has a 500mb limit per person per day. I tried to connect, and it said I have an incorrect MAC address. (There will be a "how do I connect" thread", around the 16th sept :P)

Oh and Krudler, I hate you :pac:

Ah ok, I'll BMOB ;)

As long as that last B stands for Broadband then yeah :p

But seriously, if people wanna come, feel free to PM me. It's gonna be a big geekfest though because my housemates are as bad as me :D

As long as that last B stands for Broadband then yeah :p

But seriously, if people wanna come, feel free to PM me. It's gonna be a big geekfest though because my housemates are as bad as me :D

ROAD TRIP! :D I'll pick up Lakeskeane in Galway, Krudler in Limerick (with the doors locked until then), Kersmash in Cork and swing back to Kildare haha

• Advertisement

lol

dublindude can just pop out on the bus

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Fliggy

aaahh just back from spain nice to be home but feels really cold, even though its warm for ireland! it hit 41 degrees on Thursday. BOILING!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

I'm with Eircom, and my connections never been that bad. I wish it was better, but sure I'm usually on 4 bar so I can't ask for much more. Extremely rare that I'd get host though but meh. I'd love to upgrade but meh :)

Very, very NSFW (language) but I was in tears laughing at this

how the fcuk you embed stuff these days?

krudler wrote: »
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BMX84Cl2lE8

Very, very NSFW (language) but I was in tears laughing at this

how the fcuk you embed stuff these days?

Copy BMX84 onwards,stick between YT tags, anything after the V= but not including normal words that may be in the link like "feature" and other ones.

Edit : Now that I've clicked on your link, I've seen it before. :D
    Did you see the galway one? and the other one about the boy racers?

• Advertisement

Wooot! just paid for my trip to America in October \:D/ now to save like a mofo for the next 2 months before returning to a life of crippling debt when I get back :pac:

Wooot! just paid for my trip to America in October \:D/ now to save like a mofo for the next 2 months before returning to a life of crippling debt when I get back :pac:

How long are you going for? :)

How long are you going for? :)

2 weeks, doing a 9 day bus tour of a few different states, starting in LA, then San Diego, Vegas, Arizona, few other places, ends in San Fran where I'll be for Halloween :D

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

2 weeks, doing a 9 day bus tour of a few different states, starting in LA, then San Diego, Vegas, Arizona, few other places, ends in San Fran where I'll be for Halloween :D

Lucky **** :p

Me and my mates once we finish this (final)year in uni were planning similar for the summer. It was that or South America. But SA in 2014 looks more likely.

Only been on the west coast(NW, Boston, Philly, DC and Florida). Will be in NY for the 6th time this Xmas.

Krudler, this will sound extremely random, but if you are over there and you happen to see a bottle of Vanilla coke. Will you buy it for me, and post it when you get home? I'll pay for it ofc. But I haven't had a bottle since they stopped it, in '06 and i'm DYING :D

Haha no prob, can add that to the list of American food I'll be buying, Lucky Charms, Jolly Ranchers and Twinkies are already on the list :D

This is my 6th trip to the States, havent made it to NY yet, flown over it to get to Newark airport alright, I have a 7 hour layover on the way home when I go so I just just go into the city for a few hours if I can, just to say I've been.

Was in Florida 2 years back when I was at Wrestlemania 24, love it there cant wait to go again, Universal Studios is class, must go to the Hollywood one when I'm there in October

Krudler, this will sound extremely random, but if you are over there and you happen to see a bottle of Vanilla coke. Will you buy it for me, and post it when you get home? I'll pay for it ofc. But I haven't had a bottle since they stopped it, in '06 and i'm DYING :D

Still sell them in Asian shops in Dublin I'm fairly sure. They did last year anyway.

That's where my weakness lied for so many years, Mountain Dew :o :pac:

Haha no prob, can add that to the list of American food I'll be buying, Lucky Charms, Jolly Ranchers and Twinkies are already on the list :D

This is my 6th trip to the States, havent made it to NY yet, flown over it to get to Newark airport alright, I have a 7 hour layover on the way home when I go so I just just go into the city for a few hours if I can, just to say I've been.

Was in Florida 2 years back when I was at Wrestlemania 24, love it there cant wait to go again, Universal Studios is class, must go to the Hollywood one when I'm there in October

One of the better ones in recent years, did I say you were a lucky ****? :pac:

I saw you posting the in the Wrestling forum the other day, didn't know you were a fan.

Only been to a few events in Ireland and UK, the big one I went to was Summerslam(or better known as Summerfest now :p) back in 98, again it was in NY(Madison Sq. Garden).

One of the better ones in recent years, did I say you were a lucky ****? :pac:

I saw you posting the in the Wrestling forum the other day, didn't know you were a fan.

Only been to a few events in Ireland and UK, the big one I went to was Summerslam(or better known as Summerfest now :p) back in 98, again it was in NY(Madison Sq. Garden).

I used to be really into it, not so much these days as its way too kiddie orientated, was at 23 and 24, prefered 24 as it was more of a holiday being in Orlando,and being at Raw for Ric Flairs retirement (until he ruined it) was great, Detroit was a dump lol
    That was a great Summerslam must have been cool to see it during the attitude era.

on a related note, anyone else find it weird seeing people from this forum post outside it? xD

• Advertisement

Kersmash wrote: »
    on a related note, anyone else find it weird seeing people from this forum post outside it? xD

I'm usually floating around Films, Ranting and Raving, The Ladies Lounge, Athiesm/Christianity and AH,and the odd Limerick thread

• Registered Users Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Scody94

bring me back some twinkies.. nom nom nom :D:D
    only been to the states once 5 days in NY 9 in San fransisco
    and as we were leaving in the airport bought 1 twinkie just 1 and lets just say i miss them :(:D:D

Spill the beans, who are ya talking about? :D

I'm in the golf and gambling mostly. I sometimes post in footy, pro wrestling, Playstation and AH too but that's lessened considerably over the last year.

I've seen a handful of COD folk outside here.

I've seen Lee post in AH and Krudler in playstation. It's weird, it's like meeting someone in public after seeing them at a gay bar.. I dunno whether to say hi awkwardly or just ignore em and pretend we don't know each other... xD

I read a load of forums, I don't post in many though. Some ones I spend alot of time in are Games, Playstation, Pokemon, AH, R&R, C&H, UCC and Tattoos and Piercings :)

I used to be really into it, not so much these days as its way too kiddie orientated, was at 23 and 24, prefered 24 as it was more of a holiday being in Orlando,and being at Raw for Ric Flairs retirement (until he ruined it) was great, Detroit was a dump lol
    That was a great Summerslam must have been cool to see it during the attitude era.

I actually had a lengthy post typed up earlier but I accidentally pressed back and lost everything :o

SS 98 was unreal mate. Arguably one of the best PPV's from the Attitude era.
    People's opinions of SS98 have always been positive. Awesome card(Taker v Austin, HHH v Rock ladder, New Age Outlaws vs Mankind and Kane were matches that were worth every penny(not that I paid as I was only 12 at the time).

WM23 is somewhat of a blur to me. I remember Cena vs HBK was the main event. Cena always tried to ruin my love for the Ford GT Mustang in his cringe worthy WM entrances too. Can't even remember who Taker faced.. Henry I'm guessing.

24 was my favourite all round WM in recent times. I loved pretty much every match, even the Finlay v JBL match(make it no-DQ saved was smart though) :eek: Flair is a plonker for what he did after he retired. But it was such an amazing match(thanks to HBK) and the ending while cheesy I loved :pac:
    MITB is MITB, awesome. Taker vs Edge likewise.

I watch wrestling off and on. I cling onto the hope it will get back to it's glory days. But in the back of my head Vinnie Mac's song is playing :pac:

I've seen Lee post in AH and Krudler in playstation. It's weird, it's like meeting someone in public after seeing them at a gay bar. I dunno whether to say hi awkwardly or just ignore em and pretend we don't know each other... xD.

I read a load of forums, I don't post in many though. Some ones I spend alot of time in are Games, Playstation, Pokemon, AH, R&R, C&H, UCC and Tattoos and Piercings :)

I'm sitting here alone in work and lol'ed big time :D

Adnan, I'm in Galway and I don't know of any shops selling it, pick me up a bottle (or 10 :)) if you ever see one haha.

I've seen Krudler a few times in TLL. Can't say I've seen many of you posting anywhere else. Ye must still be in the gay bar so

• Registered Users Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

You can get it in France oddly enough. Found it their the last few weeks. Was awesome.

Ok. If ANYONE finds vanilla coke anywhere, buy me a bottle. I'll pay handsomely! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

Sadly I'm back in Ireland. :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement