Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Super Duper Off Duty Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

All day I've been telling myself I'd be eating something somewhat healthy for dinner, instead I had a Chicago Town takeaway pizza.

I regret nothing :pac:

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Leeg17 wrote: »
    Ok. If ANYONE finds vanilla coke anywhere, buy me a bottle. I'll pay handsomely! ;)

93216011.jpg

I didn't waste 5 minutes of my life, no siree

whistle.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 54,002 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

anyone have a Sharkoon X-Tatic True 5.1 Dolby Digital Surround Sound Gaming Headset

iv been meaning to get one for awhile now and does it look awesome
    its pricey but from reading reviews it's worth every penny

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

93216011.jpg

I didn't waste 5 minutes of my life, no siree

whistle.gif

Gladly yours for a 500ml bottle. Shít. It's a bargain for me, my soul's worthless :D Lol. It's only after tilting the laptop to open my belt (see next section) that I saw the white writing :)

Krudler, I've been meaning to eat healthy all summer. It hasn't worked one bit. I think I ate my first piece of fruit since I left college today, yippee!

Guna join the gym in two weeks when I go back, €100 membership from Sept - May = Win.

Has anyone seen the comedy series "Summer Heights High" on Rte2 around last november by any chance? It's frickin' awesome. About three different people in a mock new zealand school.

I downloaded the seriess, so many funny one liners. Not as good as the inbetweeners but not far off.

**** you miss! Ah :o

• Advertisement

Saw the new drinks prices for one of the student pubs in Sligo. :)

Vodka - €1.50 (Free Mixer)
    Jack Daniels/Irish Whiskeys - €2
    Brandy - €1.70
    Shots - Sambuca/Tequilla -- €1.50
    Peach Snapps/Malibu/Baily - €1.50

Morgans Spice/Bacardi/Gin - €1.60
    Baby Guinness - €1.50
    Alcopops - €3 (Bacardi Breezer/Smirnoff Ice/W.K.D)
    Jägermeister - €1.50
    Bullets Shots - €1 (12 Differnent Flavors) Apple, Fruit Salad, Jaffa Cake, Etc..
    Red Bull - €1.50
    Bottles of Coke/Orange/7up - €1.20
    Bottled Beers:
    Budweiser - €1.80
    Heineken - €2.20
    Coors Light - €2
    Miller - €2
    Corona - €2
    Bulmers Long Neck - €3
    Bulmers Can - €3
    Pint Bottle - €4

:D:D

Edit : Said I'd rather edit than double post. This is for anyone that hasn't passed their test yet. :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,331 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Brandy - €1.70

Baby Guinness - €1.50
    Jägermeister - €1.50
    Bullets Shots - €1 (12 Differnent Flavors) Apple, Fruit Salad, Jaffa Cake, Etc..
    Red Bull - €1.50
    Bottled Beers:
    Budweiser - €1.80
    Heineken - €2.20
    Coors Light - €2
    Miller - €2
    Corona - €2
    Bulmers Long Neck - €3
    Bulmers Can - €3
    Pint Bottle - €4

Edit : Said I'd rather edit than double post. This is for anyone that hasn't passed their test yet. :)

Kinda makes me thirsty

If only Heinekin tasted nice

Paintballing rocks :D took one right in the face and a few on the knuckles which sting like a bitch but overall made it out relatively unscathed, one of the guys we were with is bald so he was an easy target :D

krudler wrote: »
    Paintballing rocks :D took one right in the face and a few on the knuckles which sting like a bitch but overall made it out relatively unscathed, one of the guys we were with is bald so he was an easy target :D

How much was it and for how long? I wanna go sometime with a few mates if we could get a few goin

• Advertisement

Its 40 quid which gets you 200 paintballs, and every extra 100 is a tenner, you're better off just spnding 75 quid and getting 700 paintballs though as you'll fly through them. Its not so bad attacking as you just have to keep moving and avoid getting hurt, but defending an area is a lot tougher as theres more to shoot at. The games are cool, theres a big rocket at a base that the offensive team has a key for, they need to get whoevers carrying the key into the base and stop the countdown. Then theres a D-Day landing type thing with landing craft and a defensive turret thingy that you have to get a flag to a certain point, its great craic but the more people you have the better, the D-Day part is designed for 150 people, there were 11 of us lol takes about 3 hours in total, 6 games with two parts to each, attacking and defending. Think of it as real life S&D lol

Sounds awesome haha. Would love to go sometime soon!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

Right,

Not sure where to put this (also posted in AH)

Anyways, I'm looking to set up a weight loss prop bet in work with one other lad. We're unsure on how it should run though. Some are saying we should go by weight loss percentage, some saying first to lose 'X' amount of lbs and others are saying measure by BMI.

Has anybody ever done anything similar or got any suggestions?!

Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭GEasy

Brandy - €1.70

Baby Guinness - €1.50
    Jägermeister - €1.50
    Red Bull - €1.50
    Bottled Beers:
    Budweiser - €1.80
    Heineken - €2.20
    Coors Light - €2
    Miller - €2
    Corona - €2
    Bulmers Long Neck - €3
    Bulmers Can - €3
    Pint Bottle - €4

What pub is that Lee? Shinanigans ? I have a few close friends up in SIT this year. Have to go up again for a few Jars !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

Right,

Anyways, I'm looking to set up a weight loss prop bet in work with one other lad. We're unsure on how it should run though. Some are saying we should go by weight loss percentage, some saying first to lose 'X' amount of lbs and others are saying measure by BMI.

Thanks!

Get on to Adnan, he seems to know a **** load about betting, he could work it out the fairest way :pac:

LakesKeane wrote: »
    What pub is that Lee? Shinanigans ? I have a few close friends up in SIT this year. Have to go up again for a few Jars !

The Leitrim (Beside O' Neills celtic bar), drop me a PM if you are, might head out for a look :D

Right,

Thanks!

Coming from a guy who has never placed a bet (only just turned 18), I definitely wouldn't go with the "first to lose X lbs" as the heavier of the two (if there's a big difference) will most likely lose more as he has more "extra" weight than the other.

If the race is to lose a stone for example
    Say X is 15 stone, and loses 1 stone, that's 6.66% lost.
    If Y is 13 stone, and loses the same 1 stone, that's 7.69% lost.
    Technically it's less work for the 15stone guy to lose the stone, as it's less % of his mass.

At 6' and 221lbs X's BMI would be 30. At 5'10" and 209lbs, Y's BMI would also be 30. If you both lose 20lbs, X's BMI would be 27.3 and Y's BMI would be 27.1 An advantage to the shorter guy because the same weight is lost (but 20lbs lost is more in comparison to Y's height than it is X's). I don't think this is suitable either.

The fairest option, in my opinion, is the weight loss percentage. If there's a big difference in weights, say X is 300lbs and Y is 200lbs. If X loses 25 lbs, that's 8.33% weight loss. To match Y would have to lose 16.33lbs, even though it's less than 25lbs, it's the same weight loss %.
    % weight loss takes into account weight loss per person, regardless of the differences in people's weights that are competing against them.

I hope I made sense?
    Tl;dr .. % weight loss is fairest IMO*

*Awaits Adnan's Analysis!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

Thanks lads! It looks like the weight % is the best way to go, still hoping Adnan drops by here and sees this to share his wisdom :)

Out last night for a friends 30th, one of the lads asked the dj in the bar we were in to play a request, cue the entire bar being rickrolled :D a good few people got the joke, the dj was pissing herself laughing

Kersmash wrote: »
    Get on to Adnan, he seems to know a **** load about betting, he could work it out the fairest way :pac:

:pac:
    Right,

Thanks!

Just seen this.

I lost a **** load of weight there a few years back after my leg break. I went by stone/lbs as it's a load simpler to follow. Plus me and maths don't get on :pac:

Considering it's a bet, best to be a bit more specific in requirements. So I'd rule out what I did and go for the BMI or weight loss %.

• Advertisement

:pac:

Just seen this.

I lost a **** load of weight there a few years back after my leg break
    . I went by stone/lbs as it's a load simpler to follow. Plus me and maths don't get on :pac:

Bit counter-intuitive no? :D

Really hate my laptop as it is. 2 years old and it over heats like there's no tomorrow, then it goes really slow. I mean I'm guna be on fire soon because the only way to stop it getting so hot that it doesn't be too hot to touch, is to keep it on my lap lol.

I'd to take apart my computer today and hoover it out, cos there was so much dust it'd clogged the fan and I couldn't watch a video on youtube without the fúcking thing overheating.

Mines the same, it gets roasting and with that and the PS3 on I might save on the gas bill heating my room this way instead this winter lol, I'm not joking that I used to turn on my xbox when my old room got cold to warm it up, that thing is as good as a blow heater

I'd to take apart my computer today and hoover it out, cos there was so much dust it'd clogged the fan and I couldn't watch a video on youtube without the fúcking thing overheating.

That's exactly what's happening to me! It gets hot, and if I go to watch a DVD, youtube or 4oD it'll lagg badly and I'll have to let it cool down and restart the comp.

Is it as simple as opening a few screws, hoover and close again?

krudler wrote: »
    Mines the same, it gets roasting and with that and the PS3 on I might save on the gas bill heating my room this way instead this winter lol, I'm not joking that I used to turn on my xbox when my old room got cold to warm it up, that thing is as good as a blow heater

My room goes up by a few degrees literally lol, it sounds weird. My room is small, and if I have the laptop/ps/tv on (I have to have laptop on, to go online on ps), you can feel the air get "thick" and "stuffy" if you know what I mean.

Well I'm using a desktop so I just took off the side and hoovered it out. Sure the owners manual that comes with the PS3 says you should hoover the back of it every so often to prevent overheating!

Well I'm using a desktop so I just took off the side and hoovered it out. Sure the owners manual that comes with the PS3 says you should hoover the back of it every so often to prevent overheating!

Guna try that tomorrow on the laptop, if it breaks, I'm huntin' you down kid kehd :D

I accept no responsibility!

Jaysus, it's bloody miserable outside.

I might be talking to myself here re: golf. But I was meant to play golf this morning up in Druids Glen(very plush course in Wicklow and staged Irish Open in 99). Rescheduled for tomorrow, but it's meant to be pissing down again :mad:

• Advertisement

Oh and on laptops, my Dell Inspiron 1525 is **** e.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement