Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Super Duper Off Duty Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,137 ✭✭✭Balfie

Leeg17 wrote: »
    *whistles*

:P

your a bollox! an ya know it :P

also this is a great song! Jason Mraz is deadly!

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

15cnhgm.png

:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 53,929 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

"manyoo"

lol your such a child

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Mr. Rager

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭redman85

Battlefield rocks....that is all:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Kells...

Bought COD4 on Steam.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭AGB_Ghost

Got finished playing with the sidesho on MW3 and BO zombies, won a t-shirt, great craic! :D

Who got ye in? :P

Who got ye in? :P

Dave, he invited me, we were talking about you. :pac:

What do ya mean talking about me?

• Advertisement

What do ya mean talking about me?

We were like "We know kells"

Sho laughed. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,513 ✭✭✭donalg1

What's the deal with the server on mw3 is it always so bad and hard to connect to

• Registered Users Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

donalg1 wrote: »
    What's the deal with the server on mw3 is it always so bad and hard to connect to

Never have any problems connecting, whos your ISP?

GTA III on ipad :D the nostalgia

• Registered Users Posts: 53,929 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

iMuse wrote: »

GTA III on ipad :D the nostalgia

I have it too. I find it nearly impossible to play it on the ipad tbh. Just the controls are so so awkward

• Registered Users Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭iMuse

Headshot wrote: »
    I have it too. I find it nearly impossible to play it on the ipad tbh. Just the controls are so so awkward

Yeah they are a pain alright, its fun to mess around though listening to the radio for €2.50. Vice city would be sweet to play

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Lakes... www.cssmixes.co.uk/

Sign up ! SOOoooOooooOOooooo much better than public ! I'll teach you how to play the main maps etc !

ps.... is it wrong that i've watched the hobbit trailer about 30 times since it was released ? :P

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,331 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Magill wrote: »
    ps.... is it wrong that i've watched the hobbit trailer about 30 times since it was released ? :P

Nope,can't wait

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭gcgirl

My precious

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,065 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Just around in a friends house. He's playing skyrim. Looks terribly boring.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,569 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

I don't understand how people put in so much hours on an SP game

That being said, I did put in hundreds to San Andreas when I was younger

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

beertons wrote: »

Why I outta *shakes fist* :p
    Tallon wrote: »

I was big into MP before I got into CoD. I lose count when I think of how many ours I put into THPS4, Fifa2002, Crash, Spyro, Sims, GTA 3, VC, SA and now Skyrim. :p

Admittedly it's harder to get into SP games post-CoD compared to pre-CoD, simply because I miss (and still do) the banter, laughs and all that comes with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

Leeg17 wrote: »

Admittedly it's harder to get into SP games post-CoD compared to pre-CoD,

Everything about this statement is 100% accurate.. The explosion of multiplayer game modes has really started to dominate the gaming world and thus it seems like less fun to play SP games!

Its probably coz its not as competitive or are variable..

beertons wrote: »

Skyrim is now officially my most favourite modern game ever! (nothing beats the original super mario kart)

Its probably harder to appreciate it when just watching because its not your character or game.. What unique about it is how skyrim is different for every person.. the path you choose, the character style/development etc.

When you play the game you get immersed in the beautiful landscapes and INCREDIBLE soundtrack!! Its such a consuming game man.. really pulls you in!

hypermuse wrote: »
    When you play the game you get immersed in the beautiful landscapes and INCREDIBLE soundtrack!! Its such a consuming game man.. really pulls you in!

This is actually probably why I'm afraid to buy it.. Even the hours I've put into Miencraft SP are crazy now that I think of it..

I think I have been purposely trying to avoid SP games :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

hypermuse wrote: »
    Everything about this statement is 100% accurate.. The explosion of multiplayer game modes has really started to dominate the gaming world and thus it seems like less fun to play SP games!

Its probably coz its not as competitive or are variable..

Skyrim is now officially my most favourite modern game ever! (nothing beats the original super mario kart)

Its probably harder to appreciate it when just watching because its not your character or game.. What unique about it is how skyrim is different for every person.. the path you choose, the character style/development etc.

Took the words out of my mouth :x

I played through 60 hours (and only completed one part of the main quest and one side quest - Mages college) and I've decided to create another game using a different playstyle - sneak archer as opposed to destructive mage, and it feels like a different game most of the time. It's been so long since I did the main quest that it doesn't feel repetitive.

Edit - Playing last night just leaving the first Helgen Cave. Turned to the left and climbed a mountain. Paused for a few seconds looking at the Aurora Borealis Skyrimealis they were that pretty :p

San Andreas was a game that crossed a good few genres so was more open to a wider audience. At it's heart it was a open world, comedic look on early 90s, shooter and racer and all in a modern setting. But there was more to it but that's the core anyway. I've only ever heard a couple of people dislike GTA, and tbh their opinion on gaming isn't worth much to me. One of them being my best mates infact. But yeah, the setting for all of the GTA's even Vice City for older fans many of us can relate to in some shape or form.

I agree with Beertons, I watched my mate for an hour off and on play it pre-Xmas and I found it terribly boring but sure, that's just me. My mate seemed awfully engrossed in the game though, and good for him that he enjoys it. I'm sure it's a good game and delivers what it's meant to. Dragons, spells and that malark will never hold my interest though. Graphically, at least on my mates high spec PC, it looked fantastic, no denying that.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,065 ✭✭✭✭beertons

This my same friend who never opened mw2 and blops. If he had drink in the house, it'd be gone.

Dragons, spells and that malark will never hold my interest though. Graphically, at least on my mates high spec PC, it looked fantastic, no denying that.

This!

Killing peoples where it's at :D

This!

Killing peoples where it's at :D

That, and the tranquil times just cruising along the coast, countryside, desert or cities while listening to the radio(listening to Freebird especially!). Like going on a good car trip IRL somewhere nice, something very relaxing about it. If not that, than dog fighting while on 6* :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭hypermuse

Im not mush into dragons, wizards and all the lore stuff but the elder scrolls series has totally made me its biatch!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭gcgirl

Raiders of the Lost Ark is on :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement