Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

About last night...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,692 ✭✭✭GEasy

Played fairly damn ****e! Enjoyed those few games for the most part though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

Getting a blackbird every 3 or 4th game at this stage :).
    Ran a Chopper/Dogs for the first time today, got 4 kills combined, that'll teach me :p

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

I hate France. Going back online. I hate France.

Ade, I feel like crying :(

Triple falling carepack (even a double) would've been nice for the dualtage

Bloody raging!

• Advertisement

Cheers for the games tonight lads, that last one on summit was a real kick in the stones though. Class playing with a full party, was worried in my first game that I wouldn't even get a kill, running around watching all the enemies drop just as I got to them!

D, I'm sorry, but what's your PSN?

Leeg17 wrote: »
    D, I'm sorry, but what's your PSN?

domo2603, joined ye for first game on villa i think

Ah ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Kells...

Lads the next time we're on can we play something other than Dom it's getting a bit boring now imo.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 359 ✭✭Kharrell

I think people play Dom because it lasts. When we play demo or sabo games finish within a few minutes whereas with Dom, they can go a bit longer. It doesn't bother me in the slightest what we play lol

We should play a HC game mode sometime :D

• Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

We should play a HC game mode sometime :D

I've been playing Hc modes on MW2 thelast few days, used to hate them because they're a campfest but when you get into the different pace of play its great, Hardcore HQ is a fantastic gamemode.

oh and the Fal (on mw2) is a BEAST of a gun on HC modes, stick a red dot on it and even with cold blooded its a 1-2 shot kill just like a sniper rifle

Kharrell wrote: »
    I think people play Dom because it lasts. When we play demo or sabo games finish within a few minutes whereas with Dom, they can go a bit longer. It doesn't bother me in the slightest what we play lol

That's true, but it's a pretty tedious game type especially when the same maps are in rotation - Grid, Radiation :mad:, Firing Range and a couple of others. I a good few don't like Cracked but it's fresh considering how little we play for it (I always vote for it :))

Kells has been reading my Twitter me thinks :D I obviously agree. Used to play hardcore in COD4 if not Sabotage or standard SnD. MW2 derailed my love for hardcore gametypes though as well as SnD but I wished we played more Hardcore game modes.

I still don't understand why there isn't a general Mosh Pit playlist!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Dom like the rest of the gamemodes is good when your up against a half decent team, i just find its the best of the bunch when pub stomping because its fast paced and lasts a while... really doesn't matter about the objective because 95% of the games are a walkover. Dem/CTF and sabo are over too quick (I enjoy it for a couple of games and then they bore me). SnD is good every now and again. Hardcore is crap unless its SnD, far too much camping and bull**** feet shots.

The funny thing is when we eventually come up against a good team certain people will rage quit when things aren't going their way(You know who you are !) leaving the rest a man down... so yeah.

Thank you :P

Magill wrote: »
    Dom like the rest of the gamemodes is good when your up against a half decent team, i just find its the best of the bunch when pub stomping because its fast paced and lasts a while... really doesn't matter about the objective because 95% of the games are a walkover. Dem/CTF and sabo are over too quick (I enjoy it for a couple of games and then they bore me). SnD is good every now and again. Hardcore is crap unless its SnD, far too much camping and bull**** feet shots.

The funny thing is when we eventually come up against a good team certain people will rage quit when things aren't going their way(You know who you are !) leaving the rest a man down... so yeah.

If your talking about me man and that game on Hanoi, I raged quit in nearly 3/4 of every game played in that period when my sensitivity was on 8 instead of 3... and I didn't realise :P. My break from gaming soon followed too. I remember saying I didn't want to play anymore before the Hanoi game but was asked to play a couple more. So meh.

Not in my nature normally otherwise I'd have raged quit to maintain my winstreak in that game on WMD Ground War (like some people do) a while back where half my team was sniping/quickscoping/clip hunting -_-

Seen you rage quit a couple of times before too I'll just add, we all do it at times :)

If your talking about me man and that game on Hanoi, I raged quit in nearly 3/4 of every game played in that period when my sensitivity was on 8 instead of 3... and I didn't realise :P. My break from gaming soon followed too. I remember saying I didn't want to play anymore before the Hanoi game but was asked to play a couple more. So meh.

Not in my nature normally otherwise I'd have raged quit to maintain my winstreak in that game on WMD Ground War (like some people do) a while back where half my team was sniping/quickscoping/clip hunting -_-

Seen you rage quit a couple of times before too I'll just add, we all do it at times :)

It wasn't directed at you.

Copped on after I posted that and saw Kells comment (playing FIFA atm), still stand by my point though. Losing my streak was a major downer especially the way it occurred. Went on rage quit spree after that.

Copped on after I posted that and saw Kells comment (playing FIFA atm), still stand by my point though. Losing my streak was a major downer especially the way it occurred. Went on rage quit spree after that.

I know how you feel (I cant remember what game you lost it on tho, or if i was playing... If i was and known you were on a streak i wouldn't have been ****ing about thats for sure... even tho win streaks mean very little to me). It really depends on the circumstance, i would never rage quit in a close fought game when leaving would pretty much garentee that our team would lose. The only times I ever "Ragequit" is when im the only one doing anything and trying to win a game on my own (Capping B while everyone else camps or bypasses the flag, doesnt really happen in brds groups) or when people start rolling out the choppers/dogs (Again this is more likely playing with AK lads and doesnt happen anymore with brds groups) in which case me leaving isnt really having an negative impact as my team are gonna win or lose regardless.

My problem with rage quiters is when we have a genuine hard fought game and because someone is 2-10 they'll rage quit instead of trying to adapt. Leaving in those games pretty much garentees that the other team will win unless we get a good random in very quickly. I don't take this game serious enough to put my try hard pants on every game but I HATTTTEEE losing and rage quiting = admitting defeat.

Anyway, its not really that big of a problem because i know the regular RQ'ers are trying to stop it (At least one anyway) but yeah... It doesn't make me happy and if i was group leader i wouldn't be backing out after the game to pick you up again.

• Advertisement

Ok I know I'm one of the regular RQ's So I am gonna try stop raging.
    Most of the time it's after getting Killed by some bastard in Second Chance.
    Or after getting killed by a claymore by someone running Ghost,SOH and Hacker.
    So I am sorry if you miss my beasting :D but seriously I'll try stop.

/Apology :)

Its ok kells.... the random is usually a better option for us anyway :P

Its ok kells.... the random is usually a better option for us anyway :P

Fcuk you.
    Your probably right though lol.

I know how you feel (I cant remember what game you lost it on tho, or if i was playing... If i was and known you were on a streak i wouldn't have been ****ing about thats for sure... even tho win streaks mean very little to me). It really depends on the circumstance, i would never rage quit in a close fought game when leaving would pretty much garentee that our team would lose. The only times I ever "Ragequit" is when im the only one doing anything and trying to win a game on my own (Capping B while everyone else camps or bypasses the flag, doesnt really happen in brds groups) or when people start rolling out the choppers/dogs (Again this is more likely playing with AK lads and doesnt happen anymore with brds groups) in which case me leaving isnt really having an negative impact as my team are gonna win or lose regardless.

My problem with rage quiters is when we have a genuine hard fought game and because someone is 2-10 they'll rage quit instead of trying to adapt. Leaving in those games pretty much garentees that the other team will win unless we get a good random in very quickly. I don't take this game serious enough to put my try hard pants on every game but I HATTTTEEE losing and rage quiting = admitting defeat.

Anyway, its not really that big of a problem because i know the regular RQ'ers are trying to stop it (At least one anyway) but yeah... It doesn't make me happy and if i was group leader i wouldn't be backing out after the game to pick you up again.
    Ok I know I'm one of the regular RQ's So I am gonna try stop raging.
    Most of the time it's after getting Killed by some bastard in Second Chance.
    Or after getting killed by a claymore by someone running Ghost,SOH and Hacker.
    So I am sorry if you miss my beasting :D but seriously I'll try stop.

/Apology :)

Yeah I get you.

The game I thought you were on about was vs a couple of my old clan, Dom in Hanoi. 5+ W/L and over 3 K/D's, 5 vs 6 for most of it. Was going to smash my already broken controller :D

Ah in fairness, the game on WMD I totally forgot about my streak. I was using an uzi for most of it, when I remembered the streak it was all but over >_<

Agree about high killstreaks, only a couple of boardsies resort to that. As I said, I don't mind in 3 maybe 4 man parties but running both dogs and chopper is a load of BS and I've raged quit from that a few times.

@ Kells, you rage quit nearly 1 in every 3 games I reckon. Thing is.. you're doing it when we are winning which I don't get whatsoever.

Actually, I remember when I used to snipe early on, I had a triple jump shot on Villa lined up but someone's chopper gunner and dogs took them out just as I pulled the trigger. Raged Q'ed the **** out of there.

Actually, I remember when I used to snipe early on, I had a triple jump shot on Villa lined up but someone's chopper gunner and dogs took them out just as I pulled the trigger. Raged Q'ed the **** out of there.

LOL, i can imagine me getting my first triple only for it to be ruined by a second chance user.... rage quit ? I'd ****ing snap the disk in 2 !!

I think im just gonna use the sniper exclusively for this entire prestiege (Unless i need to switch to win).

I try not to rage at all because it only takes a few kills to get a streak going and I don't like letting the other players on my team down, whether it's playing with pubs or people in here.

I don't think I've ever raged playing with boardies but I can see why people do

Anyone up for a session tonight?

I'm always up for a game :)

Will be in in around 20, just need to clean my room.

-Does anyone know if leaving a game before its lost ends a win streak?

• Advertisement

I can't aim for sh*t.

Missed.A.Quad. :mad:

Advertisement