Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

About last night...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Anyone on/heading on?

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭baldymac

Balfie wrote: »
    Nice few games there lads, enjoyed it, except discovery, I really dont like that map..

Another personal for me, 30-4 its nothing to you lot, but I tell ya, its a very hard thing to do, get kills like that, when we have such strong players, so I was very happy with that round..

Great games anyways lads. Was good to get a hour or 2 in, an Cody an the Smash fella back was great..

@BaldyMac if ya read this mate, sorry that I only had one game with ya.. Have to try an game some more mate..

Hey Balfie, Thats no problem, Def try again sometime, sounds like some nice players you team up with, id be happy with 30-4 :D laters

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Great games guys. A lot of games played and no losses thus W/L going up just how I like it :)

Also got my golden Olympia too :D

Happy days.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 359 ✭✭Kharrell

Epic session, def enjoyed arguing with a 16 year old who called us rubbish because we planted the bomb in sabo within the first 2 mins lol.

Can't wait to play again as my W/L keeps rising

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,127 ✭✭✭✭Leeg17

Great games as always. W/L broke 1.5 for the first time, even managed to get a few BB's before the 2 minute Sabo mark :D

Nice talking to you earlier Khad :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,721 ✭✭✭Kells...

Kharrell wrote: »
    Epic session, def enjoyed arguing with a 16 year old who called us rubbish because we planted the bomb in sabo within the first 2 mins lol.

Can't wait to play again as my W/L keeps rising

Smexy voice :P

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Yeah, my W/L has definitly increased after last night, on a nice little streak now!

Also, LOL at Ade giving me and Khad tips on how to be 2 K/D players! :pac: (Good advice, im just to poor for it to sink in :pac:)

Smexy voice :P

You guys are the one with the sexy voice lol. My girlfriend loves it!

As for ade's advice, I've been trying to put it into practice the first time he told me it and I've come to the conclusion that I'm actually not that good lol.

I'm out tonight, graduation dinner up at uni then back home to London in th morning. I should be on around midday for a while, if not tomorrow night

I had to lol when your GF/Partner asked if I was having sex when I was shouting "YES" on the mic :p. We were playing comp playlist and were 1-0 up (and 1-0 up that round previous) the flag carrier was running from B dom through the hangman's gallows towards the return spot. I got him with the AK, then when the follower picked it up I just got him with the python 1 second left :D

I'll be on sometime soon.

You guys are the one with the sexy voice lol. My girlfriend loves it!

As for ade's advice, I've been trying to put it into practice the first time he told me it and I've come to the conclusion that I'm actually not that good lol.

I'm out tonight, graduation dinner up at uni then back home to London in th morning. I should be on around midday for a while, if not tomorrow night
    What advice was it lol

• Advertisement

His advice was to hip fire and pre fire around corners. Also to be more paranoid so your constantly aware of your surroundings. Not only that, but know when to be aggressive and when to be passive. Since I've slowed my game down I've gotten better scores, although when I play with you guys I need to rush or I dont get many kills. Especially in sabo, by time I find someone to kill we have already planted the bomb.

The last game last night was very entertaining. Loved the way they moaned that the host was lagging and they couldn't run around like we could, despite the fact the guy was using a m14 and couldn't work out why he was losing his gun battles lol.

I'm surprised I get such a good connection playing with you lot considering I'm in England :D

What BB provider you with?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Kenno90

Also got my golden Olympia too :D

Is that why you won't prestige to the last one ( as you'll lose all your golden guns) ??
    when I play with you guys I need to rush or I dont get many kills. Especially in sabo, by time I find someone to kill we have already planted the bomb.

Haha that's how i feel, when i play with you guys i break out the 'rush' class. it's the only way i can get kills, Ade hogs them all :p

Just playing with Kharrell and his mates.

Yeah, my W/L has definitly increased after last night, on a nice little streak now!

Also, LOL at Ade giving me and Khad tips on how to be 2 K/D players! :pac: (Good advice, im just to poor for it to sink in :pac:)

It's well possible for the majority of players from here that I play with. Being dead honest man. You might need to cheapen yourself by using scrub weapons like the Famas and perks such as Ghost ( -_- ) but again, it's possible. Maybe 2 is a bit OTT but certainly close enough to it.
    Kenno90 wrote: »
    Is that why you won't prestige to the last one ( as you'll lose all your golden guns) ??

Partly the reason yeah. Mainly, it's just the appearance of the badge I don't like :p I'm also guilty of stereotyping 15th prestige players into two groups, those with many many many hours played but still crap(!) or the killwhores who play mainly Domination and Demolition plus spawn trap with high killstreaks. Not everyone is like that of course but from my time on BOPS.. there's foundation to what I've said. Such a boring way to play the game IMHO Rather not associate myself with that lot.
    Haha that's how i feel, when i play with you guys i break out the 'rush' class. it's the only way i can get kills, Ade hogs them all :p

Marathon is essential :) I run it every time nearly especially in full parties because it can turn out to be a killing frenzy where you're almost scrapping for kills. Thankfully, there's no one really using high killstreaks so it isn't too bad. scrapping for kills. I only run 3-4-8 in full parties, occasional dabble with sentry gun and napalm(which is more likely to kill me :rolleyes:).

I know how boring it is to chase kills, even if you're winning. That's why I'm SO against high killstreaks even if it guarantees the win pretty much.

Takes time man, takes time. Forget my advice to an extent, just look back in theater when you have spare time. Compare yourself with the high scorers. Forget the scores too. Note routes taken and how fights are engaged I guess you can say.

EDIT - Oh! No.1 thing I notice is that when up against more than decent players (as rare as that is) and they have air support up namely UAV's. Some of you's need to switch to ghost. Don't necessarily worry yourself about taking down UAV's (though people should) but just don't give them that advantage. When you die, switch back. I do this many a time. You might see me switch classes around 5 times vs decent oppo in a single match.

Played some great games with kells and my mates, my current win streak is 50.

Me and my mate Daryl are coming back on about 3ish so hopefully a few of you will be on

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

I'd say most people can hold a 2 K/D if they play in a party most of the time and play slightly defensive. Don't watch my games and try and replicate what I do because I rush nearly all the time.. rushing = dead. I rarely have my try hard pants on when playing with you guys since theres no need as we'll get the win easily enough.

If you feel like a **** using the famas, use the commando/AK or even the Enfield. They're all pretty good guns and easy to use. Keep an eye on the B flag, i swear some people are brain dead when playing dom (In public lobbys). The flag will be flashing like fook and I'd see about 5 friendlies around it doing nothing !!! The amount of flag defends I get in domination is insane sometimes, had nearly 20 in a game of GW yesterday. Reading the radar is HUGE imo, you really have to learn how to predict where the other team are spawning and catching people offguard.

Also... does anyone know if they've patched the M14 ? It was class for hte first half of that game last nite ! Not a single Jamming ! And just a couple of times on the second half.

Magill wrote: »
    I'd say most people can hold a 2 K/D if they play in a party most of the time and play slightly defensive. Don't watch my games and try and replicate what I do because I rush nearly all the time.. rushing = dead. I rarely have my try hard pants on when playing with you guys since theres no need as we'll get the win easily enough.

If you feel like a **** using the famas, use the commando/AK or even the Enfield. They're all pretty good guns and easy to use. Keep an eye on the B flag, i swear some people are brain dead when playing dom (In public lobbys). The flag will be flashing like fook and I'd see about 5 friendlies around it doing nothing !!! The amount of flag defends I get in domination is insane sometimes, had nearly 20 in a game of GW yesterday. Reading the radar is HUGE imo, you really have to learn how to predict where the other team are spawning and catching people offguard.

Also... does anyone know if they've patched the M14 ? It was class for hte first half of that game last nite ! Not a single Jamming ! And just a couple of times on the second half.

Were they meant to be patching it (and the FAL?)? I'd like to get back to using it but the the gun jamming half a dozen times a match is beyond a joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Mr. Rager

Pretty sure they patched the jamming on the m14 and fn fal in the 2nd last patch

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

Were they meant to be patching it (and the FAL?)? I'd like to get back to using it but the the gun jamming half a dozen times a match is beyond a joke.

It diffo still jams but watch the first half of that game, i spammed it pretty good i think.. maybe they've just op't how quick you need to spam to make it jam ? Or my fingers might have been cold :D

• Advertisement

It diffo still jams but watch the first half of that game, i spammed it pretty good i think.. maybe they've just op't how quick you need to spam to make it jam ? Or my fingers might have been cold :D

Aye I heard you yell out in frustration in that one game you played with us as the M14 jammed late on :pac:

fjsanchez wrote: »
    Pretty sure they patched the jamming on the m14 and fn fal in the 2nd last patch

Treyarch probably patched it just for you Xbox lads :pac:

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

hate some great games last night. win streak is about 36 from last night alone. had some really fun games of sabo racing the kills with ade. went for a PM63 class with ext mags and marathon and just ran at them. had some really good fun actually

Treyarch probably patched it just for you Xbox lads :pac:

We're the teacher's pet of gaming :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,408 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

fjsanchez wrote: »
    We're the teacher's pet of gaming :)

When I walked into pass history after getting chucked out of the honours class (many years ago) there were two games of cards & a radio going, a fight going on in front of the student teacher and a guy renacting the crucifiction of Christ at the back.
    Don't think I've ever been so happy since! :(

gimli2112 wrote: »
    When I walked into pass history after getting chucked out of the honours class (many years ago) there were two games of cards & a radio going, a fight going on in front of the student teacher and a guy renacting the crucifiction of Christ at the back.
    Don't think I've ever been so happy since! :(

That is an absolute disgrace...... The crucifiction of Christ isn't on the history syllabus :pac: :pac:

I'll be on at around 7 lads.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

i'm on. drop me a inv when you get on ade

• Advertisement

Gonna watch footy/follow bets, be on later.

Advertisement