Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Windows Phone 7 Launch Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

Working fine for me, just trying to search for a decent speed test (for network) app at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭fjon

chrislad wrote: »
    Anyone else having issues with the market? For the past 24 hours, I've been told the Windows Live ID service is down whenever I try to download anything. My people feed also won't download my twitter feed for the past 24 hours, but it is downloading Facebook fine.
    I often have this problem too. Don't know what causes it. Sometimes restarting helps, sometimes it goes away by itself.
    Check your APN settings too.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

Anyone else having issues with the market? For the past 24 hours, I've been told the Windows Live ID service is down whenever I try to download anything. My people feed also won't download my twitter feed for the past 24 hours, but it is downloading Facebook fine.

Dunno. Works fine here.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

fjon wrote: »
    I often have this problem too. Don't know what causes it. Sometimes restarting helps, sometimes it goes away by itself.
    Check your APN settings too.

Restarted it a couple of times already. APN settings are fine and it's happening over both WiFi and 3G so doesn't seem to be a network issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭neonman

It would be nice for them to add the POIs for Ireland alright. Any date to when Nokia maps will be available to all Windows phones ?
    I dont know really. Bing maps and Nokia maps are meant to be merging together.

Now i dont see Microsoft bringing out POI's for Ireland. But Nokia already has these, so if they get merged together maybe not just the map data but the POI's will merge too allowing us to use Local Scout.

Local Scout does work in Ireland. Its just that we dont have POI's. If you browse with the scout to the likes of US and look for spots there it will find them. Its just that bing maps dont have any sort of POI database for Ireland.

• Advertisement

Restarted it a couple of times already. APN settings are fine and it's happening over both WiFi and 3G so doesn't seem to be a network issue.

Can't sign in through Zune on the PC either. Irritating.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭TBi

Maybe your account has been compromised? Have you tried logging into mail.live.com?

Just did that 10 minutes ago, and yup, MS blocked my account for security reasons even though there is nothing linked to that account, no email or anything. It would have been nice if the error message said that or if they sent me a mail to do something or indeed replied to my tweets from yesterday. All sorted out now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭wilser

Expansys are selling the htc titan for €370 sim free, good price for a high end wp7 I think

wilser wrote: »
    Expansys are selling the htc titan for €370 sim free, good price for a high end wp7 I think

Not bad considering its 500 to buy in shop

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭DjFlin

Netflix app should be live for those of you with subscriptions now.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Now that I think of it, I've never been able to send a text to more than one person with WP7, it will always fail. Anyone else experience this? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭moonboy52

DjFlin wrote: »
    Netflix app should be live for those of you with subscriptions now.

Sweeeeeet! :)

Bambi wrote: »
    Now that I think of it, I've never been able to send a text to more than one person with WP7, it will always fail. Anyone else experience this? :confused:

Do it almost daily. Works fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭DjFlin

I had this issue too. Cant remember how I got around it. I think it has something to do with the "Group Text" option under Messaging in Settings. Make sure its off.

It sends group texts as MMS. Go to settings-> swipe left->messaging->turn group text off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭Jarren

Jarren wrote: »

AFAIK, ebuyer do not deliver to ROI :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭Jarren

moonboy52 wrote: »
    AFAIK, ebuyer do not deliver to ROI :(

http://www.amazon.co.uk/HTC-TITAN-Free-Windows-Smartphone/dp/B005JC48OI

Free delivery

• Advertisement

Jarren wrote: »

I am aware of deliverme.ie and i am not the one looking for a HTC Titan but thank you for posting the Amazon link for others.

I was simply informing people that ebuyer do not deliver to ROI.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭Odaise Gaelach

I just used the Speak function to dictate a text message. I said, "Damn it. This is going to take me a while." It came back with:
    $%&$!! this is going to take me awhile.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,888 ✭✭✭Terrontress

I just used the Speak function to dictate a text message. I said, "Damn it. This is going to take me a while." It came back with:
    $%&$!! this is going to take me awhile.

Seeing your post, I just had to try it out! It had no problem with 'Damn it' but the f-word resulted in '#&##'.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭AntiVirus

I just tried it and got "Thomas this is going to take me a while" :D

AntiVirus wrote: »
    I just tried it and got "Thomas this is going to take me a while" :D

I always love when it comes out wrong, usually makes it extremely funny and off topic :D Couldn't live without that function though, its so handy with hands free in the car when you never have to touch your phone in order to operate it.

Most of the time its extremely accurate too, as long as you keep it short.

Hope Windows Phone 8 will bring something close to this :)

Thank you for contacting us.
    You will be pleased to know that Viber for WP7 is coming very soon. Please stay tuned within the following week.
    We will be announcing its publication, system req. and more, at that time.
    Stay tuned for release updates, visit us on Facebook and Twitter:
    http://facebook.com/viber
    http://twitter.com/viberApp

Source

Been talking to Viber team on Boards once in a while and they continuously confirmed a release for 2012 :) So those maybe waiting for this might be interested :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭gman2k

Skype V.1 is out
    http://www.wpcentral.com/skype-windows-phones-goes-gold-and-hits-v10
    But still no background functionality....

gman2k wrote: »
    Skype V.1 is out
    http://www.wpcentral.com/skype-windows-phones-goes-gold-and-hits-v10
    But still no background functionality....

Their so slow. What use it is really if it cant run in the background. Fair enough you can use it when you only need it, but its a bit silly

Their so slow. What use it is really if it cant run in the background. Fair enough you can use it when you only need it, but its a bit silly

Especially considering it's made by MS themselves and they can just 'unlock' this functionality.

• Advertisement

Ok for those who were frustrated with the fact the way you drop in your documents or you files into your phone via email or having to go to your Hotmail to upload your files. Fear no more :)

Microsoft Released a New SkyDrive App for Windows, Mac today. We also got an updated version the other day for Windows Phone which is quite good too. Also lets you see a lot more files in one place, even though we could nearly do all the same except edit files before there with Office App or Pictures app integrated in the phone.

The Windows and Mac app works in the same way Dropbox does. Sync a certain folder to the cloud across all your devices. Its as simple as Pie.

Read the Blog Post HERE

Download SkyDrive app for Windows HERE. So now instead of email or whatever just copy or cut the file into the SkyDrive folder on your PC. Wait a sec for it to show that its synced and it should be available to access on your Windows Phone.

EDIT: Also unfortunately the amount of storage you get just dropped down from 25GB to 7GB (apparently most users don't use up the 25GB, most users stay under 7GB), but if you go to Hotmail and the SkyDrive you will see an option to claim back your 25GB of storage for a year.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement