Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Windows Phone 7 Launch Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

Ok so thought Id do a little test today as I got a Lumia 800 on my hands to see weather the camera was that bad or not, to my surprise isn't wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, now I can't praise it, with all the carl zeiss praise going about it, I think it should be better. But from the several shots I took under artificial lighting conditions the shots came out pretty much the same, maybe the Titan just edging it sometimes. Actually in the shot below Lumia 800 performed nicer in showing a more accurate color.

Nokia Lumia 800 Full Size

WP_20120513%201.jpg?psid=1

HTC Titan Full Size

WP_000137.jpg?psid=1

• Registered Users Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭AntiVirus

It's hard to spot the difference, I think the red x maybe a bit brighter on the Nokia :D

AntiVirus wrote: »
    It's hard to spot the difference, I think the red x maybe a bit brighter on the Nokia :D

Well as I said the difference isn't major. Most shots ive looked at looked pretty much on par. As I said in some pictures Nokia had a nicer colour reproduction in others Titan had more details. Some of them were just on par. So its not as bad as I thought it was.

On Another Note

Official LinkedIn app is out, get you more features than the standard build in one. Weirdly it still doesn't show up in the marketplace if you search it :( but the link HERE will bring you there :)

Its quite nice I have to say :) A lot nicer than Android one, Android one doesn't really have any real functionality beyond what you get on the mobile version of the website.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Well as I said the difference isn't major. Most shots ive looked at looked pretty much on par. As I said in some pictures Nokia had a nicer colour reproduction in others Titan had more details. Some of them were just on par. So its not as bad as I thought it was.

He's joking. We can't actually see the pictures. It looks like they are stored somewhere in your live account and we'd need to be signed into to your account to be able to see them. You'll need to upload them somewhere else.

He's joking. We can't actually see the pictures. It looks like they are stored somewhere in your live account and we'd need to be signed into to your account to be able to see them. You'll need to upload them somewhere else.

See them now?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

See them now?

Yeah, they're showing up now.

Guess I wont be getting my Mugen battery. I ordered of them a month ago. A week ago I asked them where my battery was and apparently they ran out of stock and couldnt send one out.

I probably would have been fine if they informed me of it, but I didnt really like they just sort of let it slide for around a month so asked for a refund. Meh might try some cheaper ones of eBay as usual.

Edit: Found this one, gonna give it a try. Its only 7 yo yo's anyway, I got batteries from E-Cell before and they worked fine (even though the gold, business battery marketing is a bit funny :) ), together with a dock for the phone, looks universal, will probably work fine with my gf's sensation too.

http://www.phonedog.com/2012/05/17/after-one-month-with-android-i-m-going-back-to-windows-phone/

Sort of an article I would write :) Id tend to drift back to Android once in a year for a couple of months and then go back to WP7 :)

Some more stuff to read :)

Windows Phone overtakes iPhone
    in China
    O.o :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,407 ✭✭✭✭justsomebloke

anyone know if the Titan 2 is coming to europe and if so any idea of a release date

anyone know if the Titan 2 is coming to europe and if so any idea of a release date

Probably not seeing as its an LTE Device and we dont have LTE here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

Check out me add under me name if you want a cheap unlock Original Titan :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭PseudoFamous

Lads, is anyone aware of a working GBA emulator for wp7?

No, I probably wouldn't expect any till Windows Phone 8.

Theres a vNes emulator though if you wanna try that :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭DjFlin

Nope. There is a good GB called Purple Cherry though.

http://windowsphone.com/s?appid=148181eb-892b-460e-992f-8d135c5270a8

Social Artist. Fun little draw something game, Facebook integration and its free.

Join :) I need more drawings to guess :-)

Do take notice it's a beta :)

Ive seen some devs reluctant to use any colours beside black and white in their apps. Would be nice if more applications looked this way rather than just plain black and white

Well heres stuff to prove its not http://www.windowsphone.com/en-IE/apps/4d6ad8da-fc26-4cbd-98b5-0c4c295f579e

I think I seen this ages ago, but the app doesnt have to be black and white to be metro, you can follow metro guidelines ans still make an awesome looking app with some colours to spice things up.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

That's a very nice looking app in fairness.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

Has anyone tried the GBC Emulator, I don't want to bother with it if its no good.

GarIT wrote: »
    Has anyone tried the GBC Emulator, I don't want to bother with it if its no good.

Purple Cherry?

I got it, works great. The sound doesnt work at all on my Lumia 800, but all my games run great, and there are some handy settings to tweak.

• Advertisement

htctitanbatterylifescre.jpg

My battery life sometimes is randomly awesome lol.

Now fair enough I was rocking the battery save since 100% since this morning :)

Bit of checking facebook and twitter. 2 hours of music in the car and some texting and calls :)

The longer I use the Titan the better the battery life seems to get :)

My battery life sometimes is randomly awesome lol.

Now fair enough I was rocking the battery save since 100% since this morning :)

Bit of checking facebook and twitter. 2 hours of music in the car and some texting and calls :)

The longer I use the Titan the better the battery life seems to get :)

That has happened with a lot of devices I have. Its the weirdest thing, random super-battery encounters.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

+1. Sometimes it's genuine, but what can happen is that you get down to about 30-40% and then suddenly it dies or plunges to just 1%. It has caught me out once or twice where I would think I won't need to charge it for ages, and then suddenly it dies.

stevenmu wrote: »
    +1. Sometimes it's genuine, but what can happen is that you get down to about 30-40% and then suddenly it dies or plunges to just 1%. It has caught me out once or twice where I would think I won't need to charge it for ages, and then suddenly it dies.

I dont know its pretty stable for me, youd notice when for ie. your working all day and got plenty of battery life to go, but when you go home, start browsing the web the battery life goes down.

Mines the opposite, most of the time, in the morning when listening to music and checking the news id eat away a quarter of the battery life. It would sort of dwindle down slowly to around 50 by the evening and when I get home music + browsing and some games would knock it down to 30% by around 10pm.

I usually try to drain the battery by midnight in order to get a decent full charge every night.

DjFlin wrote: »
    Purple Cherry?

I got it, works great. The sound doesnt work at all on my Lumia 800, but all my games run great, and there are some handy settings to tweak.

No, Purple Cherry is just the original game boy. GBC Emulator emulates the GameBoy Colour.

GarIT wrote: »
    No, Purple Cherry is just the original game boy. GBC Emulator emulates the GameBoy Colour.

Oh. I didn't realise there was a GBC one yet.

DjFlin wrote: »
    Oh. I didn't realise there was a GBC one yet.

Its only been on the marketplace for a week. That's why I wanted to see if anyone else tried it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭AngryLips

Do all apps have to follow metro guidelines or is it optional?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭TBi

AngryLips wrote: »

Optional, but those apps don't sell well.

• Advertisement

AngryLips wrote: »

They don't. Good examle of that is the aer lingus app. It just ported straight from iOS including the design. Its probably one of the lowest rated apps in the market, mainly cause of design.

Having consistent design sort of helps the average Joe not to get lost in an app. Make him feel like its a part of their phone :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement