Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Windows Phone 7 Launch Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭DjFlin

Trevor451 wrote: »
    I think that might be a bug with boards.ie touch. I think its caused by the broken ad frame at the bottom of the front page (when you hit back it reloads the broken ad frame)

That was my guess. Its the only site it ever happens with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 MJPE

Hi all,

I bought a HTC radar recently and quite like wp7 (ditch android for this this as I was believed it was more stable.) but now today I have notice that the live tiles are not updating which as soured my wp7 experience:(. Is there anyway to solve this. I have disabled and re enable background tasks and unpinned and re-pinned tiles and doesn't solve the problem.

thanks in advanced

• Registered Users Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

MJPE wrote: »
    Hi all,

I bought a HTC radar recently and quite like wp7 (ditch android for this this as I was believed it was more stable.) but now today I have notice that the live tiles are not updating which as soured my wp7 experience:(. Is there anyway to solve this. I have disabled and re enable background tasks and unpinned and re-pinned tiles and doesn't solve the problem.

thanks in advanced

Which live tiles? ☺ Like native apps or third party?
    LIGHTNING wrote: »
    Has anybody else run into the following bug?

If you add a folder to a photo folder that you sync to your phone using zune it doesn't show on the phone? When you go to the photos section on your phone and go to that folder its not shown. However if you go to date you can see the photos that you synced?

Sorry no idea. I haven't used photo sync in ages. Decided to save space on my phone and PC and uploaded all the photos to the SkyDrive. Left them there. Save me a couple of gigs of space and I don't ever need to sync anything since their on there all the time and if you go into albums you can see them like you normally would :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,076 ✭✭✭gman2k

Doesn't WP upload photos to Skydrive automatically? I.E. over the air as you take them?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭DjFlin

gman2k wrote: »
    Doesn't WP upload photos to Skydrive automatically? I.E. over the air as you take them?

Yeah, its optional though. I think its off by default.

• Advertisement

Thanks for your reply:)

All 3rd party tiles, HTC Hub, BBC News mobile, weatherbug, Flux, Reader2go, stormglass and my next days are all pinned to the start screen. My internet is on and working and the tiles are on as background tasks. I am totally dumb founded on this.

gman2k wrote: »

It can but I don't use that. Like on any platform it compresses and resizes the photos. So I try not to do that.

Also I noticed it was using up too much of my data allowance uploading all my pics on the net. Even the ones that I might only need for a day of so. I take lots of pics of information to keep for later. So don't need all of them uploaded all the time.

Thanks for your reply:)

All 3rd party tiles, HTC Hub, BBC News mobile, weatherbug, Flux, Reader2go, stormglass and my next days are all pinned to the start screen. My internet is on and working and the tiles are on as background tasks. I am totally dumb founded on this.

Just installed HTC Hub. See if its an app thing or the phone tomorrow if its updated automatically. I don't use neither of them apps so can't say for sure.

You tried restarting the phone yeah?

Just installed HTC Hub. See if its an app thing or the phone tomorrow if its updated automatically. I don't use neither of them apps so can't say for sure.

You tried restarting the phone yeah?

Thanks evolutiongy7,

Ya I have tried restarting the phone and didn't solve the problem.
    I am now trying to uninstalling and re-installing the offending apps

Ok tile was updating for me. Not sure what the problem is then

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭TBi

Thanks evolutiongy7,

Ya I have tried restarting the phone and didn't solve the problem.
    I am now trying to uninstalling and re-installing the offending apps

What network are you on? Does the issue exist when you are on WiFi?

• Advertisement

TBi wrote: »
    What network are you on? Does the issue exist when you are on WiFi?

The issue existed on both wifi & mobile internet.

I think I have solved the problem my uninstalling all apps and reinstalling them. The 3rd party live tiles seam to update throughout the day:cool:. I have keep an eye on this to see if this happens again.

Seems as my Titan is developing system rot :S

Not sure what's going on but my proximity sensor keeps messing up in calls and doesn't understand when I life the phone away from my head, internet connection over Wi-Fi and data are turning terrible. The latest update from HTC for the sound enhancer screwed up my audio quality over headphones and speakers (sound now sounds shallow and no bass). Camera Enchantment mode is also constantly popping up in the marketplace as an update but yet once you click update it never does (think its been updating for about 2-3 weeks now :S .

:( don't want to do a wipe either, every time I used to do a wipe on my Omnia 7 it used to lose my game saves and id lose interest in any games on my phone cause id have to start over from scratch again.

http://www.wpcentral.com/nokia-lumia-610-heading-ireland-q2-2012

Lumia 610 might be coming soon enough I hope. Would give Android budget phones a run for its money if it can go down around 200 or under :)

I think its an extremely good device to compete with the likes of Galaxy Ace or HTC Wildfire.

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭neonman

I'm using the Omina 7 windows phone. Its a great device I must say. The only thing is I wish local scout would work in this country it looks like a great feature to have. Wonder if they'll include it soon ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭Odaise Gaelach

Hurray! This should be a good bit of fun. :)
    CNET.com wrote:
    Angry Birds Space will indeed hit Windows Phone, CEO says

Rovio CEO today says that the game is in development for the Microsoft OS, contradicting an earlier report that cited his chief marketing officer.

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13506_3-57403148-17/angry-birds-space-will-indeed-hit-windows-phone-ceo-says/

neonman wrote: »
    I'm using the Omina 7 windows phone. Its a great device I must say. The only thing is I wish local scout would work in this country it looks like a great feature to have. Wonder if they'll include it soon ?

I dont know really. Bing maps and Nokia maps are meant to be merging together.

Now i dont see Microsoft bringing out POI's for Ireland. But Nokia already has these, so if they get merged together maybe not just the map data but the POI's will merge too allowing us to use Local Scout.

Local Scout does work in Ireland. Its just that we dont have POI's. If you browse with the scout to the likes of US and look for spots there it will find them. Its just that bing maps dont have any sort of POI database for Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭cuppa

I get a zune error when i plug my lg optmius into the pc,
    "We cant create a connection from your phone to the internet. you can still sync content between your computer and your phone"

anyone know what that is.

edit ,, wait just found some mircosoft fix it tool

edit just tried everything here http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2468384
    still not working
    edit again,, removed zune and reinstalled it seems to have worked.

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭leggit

cuppa wrote: »
    I get a zune error when i plug my lg optmius into the pc,
    "We cant create a connection from your phone to the internet. you can still sync content between your computer and your phone"

anyone know what that is.

edit ,, wait just found some mircosoft fix it tool

edit just tried everything here http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2468384
    still not working
    edit again,, removed zune and reinstalled it seems to have worked.

happened to me before, just used a different USB slot and worked ever since

8107 update for the Vodafone HTC Titan should be popping up starting from today (hopefully) according to Vodafone

EDIT: Checked Zune. Updating Now to 8107 now. DONE

Getting a firmware update as well, just no idea what's included in the firmware upgrade. Ongoing

• Advertisement

Windows Phone SDK 7.1.1 Update Now Available

The 7.1.1 Update is really just that – it’s an update to the existing WPSDK: it doesn’t add much in the way of new features to your WPSDK installation; it updates your existing install to do a few new tricks:
    •The Visual Studio IDE is patched to enable selection from a list of emulators, and launching it (note that the WPSDK can only support connecting to one at a time, though)
    •The Windows Phone [512 MB device] emulator image is updated to use build 8773
    •A second, new emulator device image is included, allowing you to emulate running your app on a 256 MB device
    •The Microsoft Advertising SDK is updated to the latest version (previously only available as a separate install), which fixes some issues devs were encountering at runtime
    •IntelliSense now supports specifying the 512 MB device requirement in your manifest file, should you choose to opt your app out from running on the new 256 MB devices
    •Language support is again consistent both in the IDE (the 7.1.1 Update supports all 10 of the WPSDK 7.1 languages) and in the emulator OS (Malay and Indonesian have been added)

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭Odaise Gaelach

• Develop apps that work well on the new 256 MB devices
    • Use the WPSDK 7.1 to develop on machines running Windows 8

Excellent. I'm going to have a very good look at this. :D

I ran Irish Train Times through the Performance Analysis Toolkit and it used a maximum of 50MB of memory, so the app should be good with 256MB phones. But it'll be nice to try it out for certain. And I can start porting it to Windows 8 if I have time... :)

Battery life on my Titan. While its still not ground breaking :) It still sometimes manages to outlast my Omnia 7, which I think had awesome battery life :)

Screen%20Capture%20(2).jpg?psid=1

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Diddy Kong

Battery life on my Titan. While its still not ground breaking :) It still sometimes manages to outlast my Omnia 7, which I think had awesome battery life :)

Screen%20Capture%20(2).jpg?psid=1

That's impressive, I still struggle by the end of the night with my Titan, but it always seems to be in my hand and is also constantly getting mails from exchange.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭rolion

Diddy Kong wrote: »
    That's impressive, I still struggle by the end of the night with my Titan, but it always seems to be in my hand and is also constantly getting mails from exchange.

Hi,

Can you advise me here,please...i am thinking to buy a Titan myself,but i understood that on Exchange server you have to purchase a trusted SSL certificate and it will not accept self-signed !
    Can you confirm ,please !?

Thanks in advance...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭TBi

Try this.

Diddy Kong wrote: »

That is my average work day. 3G, BT on all the time, email set to refresh every 30 mins and WiFi in the evenings. Id say Id get 2 days easily if I didn't play games or music and go on the net, but then it wouldn't be really a smartphone would it? :)

My HTC Radar will not update to the new firmware. I have reset the phone to try get the phone to update and tried different computers but the phone will not update. Is there anything I can do to sort this out?

<edit> I spoke to a O2 tech guy (very helpful) and he told me that the update issue is at their end and they are doing everything to fix this.

<edit>Also all my 3rd party live tiles have stopped working again. Dose anybody elso this problem with their live tiles?

He said he will look into this for me and get back to me.

My HTC Radar will not update to the new firmware. I have reset the phone to try get the phone to update and tried different computers but the phone will not update. Is there anything I can do to sort this out?

<edit> I spoke to a O2 tech guy (very helpful) and he told me that the update issue is at their end and they are doing everything to fix this.

<edit>Also all my 3rd party live tiles have stopped working again. Dose anybody elso this problem with their live tiles?

He said he will look into this for me and get back to me.

One fella had issues with live tiles not updating. Removing the app and installing it again fixes it. No idea regarding update. Might be just a faulty model you have. Did you try following the error code and see why its not updating?

On other news if anyone bought MetroTube before and want it back, email the dev info@lazywormapps.com and they will give ya a link to redownload it. I got it back and it still works fine :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Anyone else having issues with the market? For the past 24 hours, I've been told the Windows Live ID service is down whenever I try to download anything. My people feed also won't download my twitter feed for the past 24 hours, but it is downloading Facebook fine.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement