Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Windows Phone 7 Launch Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

rc28 wrote: »
    I haven't tried them but I've heard that the earphones made for iphone (with dedicated buttons) don't work fully with non-apple devices. In any case, the sound quality on the standard iphone headphones isn't great so I'd be looking for something with a bit more bass and external noise cancelling.

Thanks anyway.

I had a look but there seems to be nothing with dedicated buttons.

You could try bluetooth headsets. They work great with WP7.

I have Motorola S9 headset. Works great for answer, end call, play, next and previous. Also no wires is a joy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭rc28

Cheers, that looks interesting. Does anyone know a good place online to buy something like this? There's the s10 model too but not sure if it's any better.

rc28 wrote: »
    Cheers, that looks interesting. Does anyone know a good place online to buy something like this? There's the s10 model too but not sure if it's any better.

Well my biggest complaints about the S9 is that its hard to get the headphones in the whole way into your ear to get decent bass. And the microphone is embedded into the left ear piece i think. Making you speak loudly sometimes on handsfree :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭Odaise Gaelach

Microsoft updated the App Hub. As well as showing the amount of times your app has been downloaded, it also shows the amount of reports Microsoft received about your app crashing.

So is this a blessing or a curse?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭DjFlin

Microsoft updated the App Hub. As well as showing the amount of times your app has been downloaded, it also shows the amount of reports Microsoft received about your app crashing.

So is this a blessing or a curse?

It can only be a blessing. It'll give developers more info on how their apps are running so they can start on some good updates.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭obriea3

• Registered Users Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

DjFlin wrote: »
    It can only be a blessing. It'll give developers more info on how their apps are running so they can start on some good updates.

Aye, it is a blessing after all. I think I just panicked last night when I logged into the App Hub and saw "Recent crashes" and the number 16 beside it! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭robbie67

Has any body got the vodafone apn settings for the Lg e900 windows phone i keep getting an error message when i try to go into my hotmail account i googled the message and it said the trouble is in the apn settings 'sorry cancel that i got that working thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭Undead

Hey, just a quick one!

Does anyone know if you can download/save all text messages from the phone onto SkyDrive, Windows Live in general or HDD.

I vaguely remember that option from my HD2 a year ago.
    Just that a few of my threads (people I text everyday) are CRAWLING along. I deleted one to see if that was the cause and bingo, fast ever since.

I wish MS would set it to only load a certain amount of messages much like iOS, if I need to read messages from weeks ago I can scroll up and load, this way is annoying!

Bottom line is I don't wanna delete messages, but I need to speed up the threads in question, I'm finished typing while the phone is playing catch up, very annoying.

Any help would be greatly thanked!

• Advertisement

Undead wrote: »
    Hey, just a quick one!

Does anyone know if you can download/save all text messages from the phone onto SkyDrive, Windows Live in general or HDD.

I vaguely remember that option from my HD2 a year ago.
    Just that a few of my threads (people I text everyday) are CRAWLING along. I deleted one to see if that was the cause and bingo, fast ever since.

I wish MS would set it to only load a certain amount of messages much like iOS, if I need to read messages from weeks ago I can scroll up and load, this way is annoying!

Bottom line is I don't wanna delete messages, but I need to speed up the threads in question, I'm finished typing while the phone is playing catch up, very annoying.

Any help would be greatly thanked!

That service was only available to Windows Mobile. Either way that service (forget the name) is not available anymore on WinMo phones anymore :(

Microsoft will start accepting submissions for Mango apps on the 22nd of August. Maybe Mango's on-track for an autumn releasse date after all...?
    Devs... we're dying to try your Fast-App-Switching apps! #WP7 Marketplace opens to Mango submissions 8/22.

https://twitter.com/#!/joebelfiore

...Okay, it's back to Visual Studio for me...

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭Undead

That service was only available to Windows Mobile. Either way that service (forget the name) is not available anymore on WinMo phones anymore :(

Aargh no! I had a feeling that was the case but thought I'd ask anyway.

Thanks for the help dude, you really should work for MS. This is not the first time you've helped me with WP7 problems!

Guess I'll just have to delete, can't stick the lag.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Trevor451

Anybody know what the update for the LG optimus 7 did? I clicked on more info on zune but it just brought me to this page?

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsphone/en-us/howto/wp7/basics/phone-updates.aspx

Edit: http://www.winrumors.com/windows-phone-hardware-update-packages-begin-rolling-out/

"The updates will improve battery life, call clarity and touch responsiveness etc"

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

Trevor451 wrote: »
    Anybody know what the update for the LG optimus 7 did? I clicked on more info on zune but it just brought me to this page?

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsphone/en-us/howto/wp7/basics/phone-updates.aspx

Edit: http://www.winrumors.com/windows-phone-hardware-update-packages-begin-rolling-out/

"The updates will improve battery life, call clarity and touch responsiveness etc"

Just updating mine now. God its taking its sweet time.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,910 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,395 ✭✭✭AntiVirus

Trevor wrote:

Responsiveness!!!! How the hell can they make it any more responsive. Mind control :-D Mine's perfect

Anyone with Mango running get this update?

Undead wrote: »
    Aargh no! I had a feeling that was the case but thought I'd ask anyway.

Thanks for the help dude, you really should work for MS. This is not the first time you've helped me with WP7 problems!

Guess I'll just have to delete, can't stick the lag.

I work in CPW ;) have to know my **** :P

• Registered Users Posts: 13,282 ✭✭✭✭fits

Couple of questions about the omnia/wp7.

Does anyone know if you can get rid of the time lag between tunes on the music player? I find it really annoying.

How the feck do you send a business card?

And my text alert tones are weird. Sometimes two tones go off together, sometimes they dont go off at all. I only have alerts for texts, switched them off for email etc. Should I just reset the phone? Everything else seems ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭DjFlin

My Optimus 7 isnt getting any update notification. That said, since I installed Mango the battery has been much better, so its probably baked into Mango.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭wilser

DjFlin wrote: »
    My Optimus 7 isnt getting any update notification. That said, since I installed Mango the battery has been much better, so its probably baked into Mango.
    Neither was mine until i connected it to zune

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 MJPE

I am thinking of moving from android to windows phone 7 and I have a few questions.

1)Is the gMap app available in Ireland and can it do local search and navigate to it? Now I don't need turn by turn just a line that you can follow on a map and can track your movement

2) Which out the following devices you would think is best and why:- HTC Trophy, HTC Mozart, HTC 7 Pro or Lg Optimus 7

3) Can mango been install on these devices now unofficially or do I have to wait for official release.

4) Where would I find 3rd party apps?

Thanks in advance

MJPE wrote: »
    1)Is the gMap app available in Ireland and can it do local search and navigate to it? Now I don't need turn by turn just a line that you can follow on a map and can track your movement

There is a gMaps app in the Marketplace by Alexy Strakh. That's probably what you're looking for.
    2) Which out the following devices you would think is best and why:- HTC Trophy, HTC Mozart, HTC 7 Pro or Lg Optimus 7

I have an LG Optimus 7 and it's a solid phone. I don't know about the others, but I have had no problems with mine. :)
    3) Can mango been install on these devices now unofficially or do I have to wait for official release.

The pre-release version of Mango can be unofficially installed on your phone, though it will void its warranty and you absolutely must preserve the backup the updater makes, otherwise you might have to flash your phone in order to update to the full Mango version when it's released.
    4) Where would I find 3rd party apps?

Errm, the Marketplace? I'm not entirely sure what you mean by this question...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 MJPE

The pre-release version of Mango can be unofficially installed on your phone, though it will void its warranty and you absolutely must preserve the backup the updater makes, otherwise you might have to flash your phone in order to update to the full Mango version when it's released.

Is this difficult to do? and can you post me a link to do this?

Errm, the Marketplace? I'm not entirely sure what you mean by this question...
    I mean non market apps

Is this difficult to do? and can you post me a link to do this?

It's very easy to install, here's a noobs guide to installing Mango on your WP7
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1164891

I mean non market apps

Once you unlock your phone you can install any non market place apps. Again you can just search the internet for WP7 xap files or XDA is a great place to find them

http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=607

Oh and Bing maps on WP7 should be good enough for your gMap alternative
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q0Uw5gwPbaM

http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=851

• Registered Users Posts: 6,819 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

AntiVirus wrote: »

Oh and Bing maps on WP7 should be good enough for your gMap alternative

The Bing maps for Ireland on mine seem to be years out of date i.e No M6/7/8

Seven Worlds will Collide

Bing navigation is ok with mango :) still POI database is still poor. But that will Improve once we get Nokia maps.

But real **** won't kick off till Apollo :)

I got lost last night cause neither gMaps or Bing maps or TomTom would find Hilton airport hotel :) tried it today on Ovi maps and boom! It was right there. Didn't even have internet :S

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭PseudoFamous

But real **** won't kick off till Apollo :)

...mango hasn't yet been released, and they're already talking about the following update? Shur, WinPhone9 is what I'm holding out for.

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭simi956

There will be an interium release before Apollo, codenamed Tango for Windows Phone, This will probably be incorporating more Nokia Services

• Advertisement

The Bing maps for Ireland on mine seem to be years out of date i.e No M6/7/8

There all on mine, are you sure there not on yours? :confused:

EDIT: Just checked there and your right they're not up to date!

I use Navigon Select for proper navigton anyway ;-)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement