Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lurgan Bomb

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭mickydoomsux

MUSSOLINI wrote: »
    He sad it would stop republican attacks, which is what one would assume this is.

Which it wouldn't. These savage idiots won't be 'fixed'. The only way to fix NI is to make it it's own country with no support from either Ireland or Britian and to lock up anyone involved in further terrorist activities for the rest of their lives so that normal people could get on with living without these luddites making the place a living hell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,670 ✭✭✭✭Wolfe Tone

Which it wouldn't. These savage idiots won't be 'fixed'. The only way to fix NI is to make it it's own country with no support from either Ireland or Britian and to lock up anyone involved in further terrorist activities for the rest of their lives so that normal people could get on with living without these luddites making the place a living hell.
    A UI would stop republican attacks. I do not think they will stop until they get it. Sure they tried locking everyone up before, did it work then?

Sure they tried locking everyone up before, did it work then?

No because they stupidly let them all out as part of the Good Friday agreement.

Ah, so you are against the GFA then?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Are you owenc's stand in?

Ah, so you are against the GFA then?

Well the part of it that let terrorists out of prison, yes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

So you'd be happy for all british soldiers who killed civilians to serve time also I'd assume?

As for the OP - Shameful bombing. Thankfully the children are OK. It's painful that they still don't understand that their actions are counter-productive to unification. This island needs inclusive actions, enabling communities to come together - rather than segregation.

So you are against it then. OK.

So you are against it then. OK.

Sure, why not.

I can see by your cute little sig that you're one of these fools who worships the 'bravery' of idiot hunger-strikers who considered themselves as freedom fighters rather than the terrorist scum that they were. Romantising fools.

• Advertisement

Sure, why not.

I can see by your cute little sig that you're one of these fools who worships the 'bravery' of idiot hunger-strikers who considered themselves as freedom fighters rather than the terrorist scum that they were. Romantising fools.
    Nice bit of baiting there.

Yawn, seen it before, must try harder.

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Easy now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭aDeener

Yes exactly. Rainbows will break out once Northern Ireland is integrated into the Republic and we can officially rename the new political entity 'La-La Land'.

500,000 Loyalists will collectively smack their palms against their foreheads and realise that they've been wrong all along "oh silly us, the political system in the Republic of Ireland is far less corrupt than the political system in the UK, let's dump 500 years of our culture to be in a country whose state broadcaster plays the angelus bongs twice daily"

hope that chip on your shoulder doesn't affect your mobility

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Down with that sort of thing.

dlofnep wrote: »
    Down with that sort of thing.
    Careful now

Yawn, seen it before, must try harder.

Ok. The thing that you care so much about is irrelevant to 99.9% of the population. You're the guy in the Che t-shirt that no one wants to talk to because you'll start with your United Ireland drivel again and people will just be constantly thinking 'oh shut the **** up, who reallygives a ****?' the whole time.

Your hopes are not only outdated but they will never be realised. You will never see a 32 county Ireland.

Ok. The thing that you care so much about is irrelevant to 99.9% of the population. You're the guy in the Che t-shirt that no one wants to talk to because you'll start with your United Ireland drivel again and people will just be constantly thinking 'oh shut the **** up, who reallygives a ****?' the whole time.

Your hopes are not only outdated but they will never be realised. You will never see a 32 county Ireland.
    In your opinion.

Ha, tbh I thought you would have chosen Celtic jersey there, nice change from the usual rhetoric including Che in your ramblings. Oh, and fyi, politics is not the only thing I talk about ;) <obligatory AH "Yore Ma" reference>

Seriously, grow up, discuss the topic at hand rather than my clothes or my sig.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

irrelevant to 99.9% of the population.

Think you may want to look at those figures again.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,003 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

I'd say that it's a lot closer now than it was 20 years ago. Unfortunately, the activities of the knuckle-dragging Neanderthals will slow down the process, but it will happen eventually.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

ejmaztec wrote: »
    I'd say that it's a lot closer now than it was 20 years ago. Unfortunately, the activities of the knuckle-dragging Neanderthals will slow down the process, but it will happen eventually.

I don't want to sound anti-republic, but I hope we don't inherit the North as part of this island. Our government can't even sort out the mess down here at present without ****ing our tax money into zombie banks that should have been left to fail, how the **** would they ever cope with managing the economy of the north as well?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Savage Tyrant

How exactly these people feel that these kind of actions will futher the cause of Irish Unity is beyond me.
    The Provisional IRA brought the brits kicking and screaming to the negotation tables wether they like or want to admit it or not. But these actions have no ultimate aim. I'm not dead against armed rebellion when it is needed. It is beyond me how these people think that it is needed here and now and like this.

DarkJager wrote: »
    I don't want to sound anti-republic, but I hope we don't inherit the North as part of this island. Our government can't even sort out the mess down here at present without ****ing our tax money into zombie banks that should have been left to fail, how the **** would they ever cope with managing the economy of the north as well?
    I doubt the 6 would be just dumped in our laps tbh.

I doubt the 6 would be just dumped in our laps tbh.

Regardless of an immediate or phased transition of those counties, our incompetent government simply could not handle the extra demand of it. `

I would hazard a guess that FF will be gone before a UI comes about :L

The only reason the 6 counties would be handed over would be if it made good long term economic sense to get rid of them.

DarkJager wrote: »

That's a huge problem, and I would imagine that because of it, there must be a lot of Catholic Unionists in the North as well as the others.

Paisley was always banging on about corrupt Southern politicians years ago, so I think the Unionists probably expected us to end up in the sh1t one day.

I would hazard a guess that FF will be gone before a UI comes about :L

Hopefully you are right!! :) Still though, I wouldn't want the North as part of our country. Too many problems up there to sort out.

The only reason the 6 counties would be handed over would be if it made good long term economic sense to get rid of them.

If that were the case, they would have been dumped 40 years ago,

• Registered Users Posts: 6,645 ✭✭✭IzzyWizzy

Yeah, cos Northern Ireland is just SO valuable to the rest of the UK. :rolleyes: The place is nothing but a drain and a pain in the arse.

• Advertisement

IzzyWizzy wrote: »
    Yeah, cos Northern Ireland is just SO valuable to the rest of the UK. :rolleyes: The place is nothing but a drain and a pain in the arse.

And some people actually want it as part of our country?? The English ****ed it up, they can sort out the problems up there.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement