Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vanquish

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

EGriff wrote: »
    This is down to 35 quid in game. Picked it up in there today.
    Pretty quick price drop, must not be selling too well.

Cheers, thanks for that. Been waiting for this to drop in price before getting it.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,474 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Hope you didn't get it yet... :)

Deal of the Day on Zavvi - £17.95

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,945 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Grayditch wrote: »
    Although I think HMV are giving away AVP with it for €45, in Blanch anyway. Is AVP worth a tenner, anyone?

An expensive frisbee but as a game for a tenner it'sa rip off.

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭mcgooch

Vanquish. Game of the Year. Fact.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

it's on offer at amazon at 4pm on Monday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,993 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

And still not on PC :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

Overheal wrote: »
    And still not on PC :(
    lol i ordered Vanquish on launch because i knew there is no chance for a PC port! mind you i am those people who wouldnt mind to play Gears1/2 1 yr later than everyone else caused' i wanted the pc port.:P unless sega really hear our voice and publich it on pc lol (i will take vanquish for lost planet pc port any day :()

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭dmcdante

Ordered mine today from zavvi for 24 euro can't wait to get my hands on it loved the demo

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Kingpin187

Traded in my copy for ACB, it was a great game but no replay value in it whatsoever, unless you want to try and get 100% in it

Hope theres a sequel, with multiplayer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Only €21.93 (with Lenticular sleeve whatever that is) on The Hut.

http://www.thehut.com/games/platforms/ps3/vanquish-with-lenticular-sleeve/10086634.html

• Registered Users Posts: 81,993 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

shocked how old this game actually is

now that I've actually (won) a 360 I got around to buying this - and its addictive. Just straight up arcade style action, plenty of useful weapons and cover, and it's just damn fun. Boost up to a Romanov (giant robot satan) and then freeze time while you blast him down a flight of stairs with the LFE which is basically a giant blast of energy that either blows bots up or sends them flying backward. Booooooom. Plus there are these rare and not-overused or necessarily unwelcome quicktime events in the middle of regular combat that add to the gameplay's flavor, some QT event got triggered with a grunt, it was totally unnecessary, but it was gorgeous eye candy while I tore him limb from limb. Totally worth grabbing a copy, play it on hard and go HAM.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Funny that a thread on this game and on Binary Domain would be reprised on the same night. The two games are very similar in that they are both batsh*t crazy and immensely fun to play.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,578 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

It's a shame Vanquish never took off. A dull story & characters, but beautiful setting and fantastic gameplay. I would really have loved to see some more games like this.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,945 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Story was great. Sure it was nonsense but it was a total piss take of western dudebro games.

Anyway you don't play a shinj mikami game for the story. When has story mattered in a game! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

I wouldn't usually be into this kind of games, but once I saw how flashy it was I had to go get it. I play all my games on a 10 foot HD projector so this ticked a lot of boxes... great fun game.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

It's a shame Vanquish never took off. A dull story & characters, but beautiful setting and fantastic gameplay. I would really have loved to see some more games like this.

I liked the characters. Sam is cool. He's cheesy as hell, and tried to play somewhere between Solid Snake's attitude, sprinkled with a little Woverine husk. But it works. He's a lovable rogue and I really enjoyed being him, and smoking cigarettes at random intervilles.

Damn it, now I'm gonna have to break out Vanquish for another playthrough. I've got Metal Gear Rising sitting here waiting for it's first play too. I can't wait to crack into that one.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,703 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1363501
    The PC port of Bayonetta got a really small 22kb update today. People looked into it, and this appeared on the EXTRAS folder

i8Jhbqz.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 12,342 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

why is there glass at the bottom of the mask as opposed to I don't know the top where you need to see out of!?

Skerries wrote: »
    why is there glass at the bottom of the mask as opposed to I don't know the top where you need to see out of!?

This is a game which runs on Rule of Cool.

• Advertisement

Once Sega finish porting the Platinum games can we have Shenmue and Skies of Arcadia pretty please?

Fantastic Game

I've been waiting on Xbox 1 backwards compat for so long, still nothing.
    PC Port fingers crossed

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,206 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Out on PC on May 25th.

Possibly the best third person shooter of the decade.

Errrr ma geeerrrddd

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Me wants.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

I need to make a choice. Buy it now for bonuses like in Bayonetta + 25% discount. Or play my friend's copy who family shares with me yet never touches his library. Sometimes he has to re-initialise my computer for sharing.

Screw it, buying it now. This is one I'll want in my library forever after anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,615 ✭✭✭Glebee

Was this not out on PC a few years ago???

• Advertisement

Glebee wrote: »
    Was this not out on PC a few years ago???

Nope.

PC port is getting great reviews, it's the definitive way to play.

Advertisement