Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GAA Betting

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,108 ✭✭✭Boom__Boom

robbiezero wrote: »
    I like Tyrone at 15/2 e/w (1/3 odds) to win Div 1 with ladbrokes and Coral.

They have Dublin and Kerry at home and given how poorly the Ulster championship prepared them for the onslaught of the Dubs last year, I imagine they will be aiming to give the league a serious rattle and I think it will be very important for them to beat the Dubs at home in their second game.
    Dublin and Mayo may well be under-cooked from holidays and lack of games especially early on in the league (although an under-cooked Dublin is still a very hard to beat side as we saw last year).
    I'm not sure how hard Kerry will go for the league either, they badly need to unearth some new players this year and will be conscious of how flat they were in the latter stages of the championship last year after winning the league.

Kerry will be in a bit of a injury-crisis in the early rounds of the league with 19 players expected to be unavailable for the Donegal game.

Posted more on the Kerry GAA thread (plus the list of Kerry players who will be missing)

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=105892136&postcount=146

Donegal to beat the handicap might be the way to go in the first game and it's hard enough to see Kerry getting to a league final this year.

Tyrone are pretty much at full strength at the moment bar Colm Cavanagh with Moy.

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭CapsLock20

Have Tooreen any chance of beating Ballyragget? A Mayo friend of mine telling me to back them to win. I can't see anything other than an easy victory for the Kilkenny intermediate champions. -6 with PP a sure thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭ciaran1988

Ballyragget have couple of injury problems according to this
    http://hoganstand.com/Article/Index/280071

Also, I think Westmeath are a great price at 7/4 to beat Meath in Sunday's O'Byrne Cup final. Westmeath have retained most of their starting team in each O'Byrne Cup game. Meath chopping and changing in four games to date. And I see John Heslin and Ger Egan are back in the Westmeath match day squad.

ciaran1988 wrote: »
    Ballyragget have couple of injury problems according to this
    http://hoganstand.com/Article/Index/280071

Hmm, thanks. Kevin Kelly is their scorer in chief. He would be a big loss if he were to miss out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,409 ✭✭✭robbiezero

Not GAA related, but I sometimes do similar bets on the GAA.
    Leinster in the rugby. Can back Montpellier +1 at evens and Leinster +1 at evens, thereby getting a free bet on the draw. Needs a Stan James account.

Can also do Castres +28 with stan and munster -24 with williamhill at evens giving a bucket of 25,26 and 27.

under 31.5 at evens for donegal game has piqued my interest.
    match moved to Celtic park due to venues unplayable.
    anyone any idea of conditions up there.
    donegal have hit some high scores in the group stages which would be worrying if going for unders.

CapsLock20 wrote: »
    Have Tooreen any chance of beating Ballyragget? A Mayo friend of mine telling me to back them to win. I can't see anything other than an easy victory for the Kilkenny intermediate champions. -6 with PP a sure thing?

Balllyragget duly obliged - beating Tooreen by 11 points without Kevin Kelly.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,542 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Wexford (2/1) v Waterford
    Kilkenny (6/5) v cork
    Clare (7/4) v Tipp

All worthy of consideration given pre-season form. Can't read a lot into the pre-season comps overall but they are a good indicator of likely form for the last weekend in Jan. Clare and wexford especially appeal as Waterford and tipp opted out of pre-season while their opponents have looked decent.

All odds against, doing the singles and a few combos

KevIRL wrote: »
    Wexford (2/1) v Waterford
    Kilkenny (6/5) v cork
    Clare (7/4) v Tipp

All worthy of consideration given pre-season form. Can't read a lot into the pre-season comps overall but they are a good indicator of likely form for the last weekend in Jan. Clare and wexford especially appeal as Waterford and tipp opted out of pre-season while their opponents have looked decent.

All odds against, doing the singles and a few combos

Waterford, Cork and Tipp all coming in a bit cold. If I had to pick one of those three it would be Clare at home to Tipp.

• Advertisement

LIT v DCU in the Fitzgibbon Cup coming up shortly this afternoon. Both sides met in the league quarter final last November. It finished DCU 3-20, LIT 3-18. Lots of great talent in both squads and conditions are dry in Limerick so I'm expecting another high scoring game.

Total points over 36.5 is 4/5
    Over 2.5 goals is 10/11
    (PP and Boyles)

1-3 to 0-2 in favour of DCU after 10 mins.

DCU leading by 2-7 to 0-8 at half time.

Fast start to the second half as DCU lead cut to two, 2-8 to 1-9.

Another DCU goal - 3-11 to 1-12 with 15 minutes to go.

LIT v DCU in the Fitzgibbon Cup coming up shortly this afternoon. Both sides met in the league quarter final last November. It finished DCU 3-20, LIT 3-18. Lots of great talent in both squads and conditions are dry in Limerick so I'm expecting another high scoring game.

Total points over 36.5 is 4/5
    Over 2.5 goals is 10/11
    (PP and Boyles)

Good call.
    Up with over 10 mins to play

Full time: DCU win by one, 3-15 to 2-17. Both selections come up trumps.

Good tipping pal

Anything for the Sigerson games midweek?

ciaran1988 wrote: »
    Anything for the Sigerson games midweek?

In the three games so far, the overs in total points has came up (with Boylesports anyway).

Maynooth University v UCD - Total Points 28.5 Over 28.5

Athlone IT v Garda College - Total Points 30.5 Over 30.5 Double 4/5 10.00 32.40 Won Won
    Trinity College v DKIT - Total Points 28.5

I had a small double on overs in tonight's two games and came up easy. But not sure if I'll stick to the trend for tomorrow's game - NUIG v IT Sligo as Storm Georgina could wreak havoc in the west!

• Advertisement

In the three games so far, the overs in total points has came up (with Boylesports anyway).

Maynooth University v UCD - Total Points 28.5 Over 28.5

Athlone IT v Garda College - Total Points 30.5 Over 30.5 Double 4/5 10.00 32.40 Won Won
    Trinity College v DKIT - Total Points 28.5

I had a small double on overs in tonight's two games and came up easy. But not sure if I'll stick to the trend for tomorrow's game - NUIG v IT Sligo as Storm Georgina could wreak havoc in the west!

Football game goes well over. I guess a point to note would be how one-sided a few of these games were. More closely matched teams might see lower scoring in some of the games.

robbiezero wrote: »
    Football game goes well over. I guess a point to note would be how one-sided a few of these games were. More closely matched teams might see lower scoring in some of the games.

True. No doubt you'll see more closely fought games now in the quarter-finals.

From glancing at the team news tonight, Tipperary are good odds at 15/8 with Boyles to beat Cork. Would anyone agree?

Cork (Allianz FL v Tipperary): Mark White; Sam Ryan, Jamie O'Sullivan, Micheal McSweeney; Kevin Flahive, Kevin Crowley, Brian O'Driscoll; Ian Maguire, Daniel O'Callaghan; Sean White, Sean Powter, Ruairi Deane; John O'Rourke, Mark Collins, Stephen Sherlock.

Subs: Ryan Price, Eoin Lavers, Conor Dorman, Tomas Clancy, Kevin O'Driscoll, Cillian O'Hanlon, Michael Hurley, Colm O'Neill.

Tipperary (Allianz FL v Cork): Evan Comerford; Shane O'Connell, Jimmy Feehan, Emmet Moloney; Bill Maher, Alan Campbell, Robbie Kiely; Steven O'Brien, Jack Kennedy; Josh Keane, Conor Sweeney, Brian Fox; Liam Boland, Michael Quinlivan, Liam McGrath.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭danganabu

From glancing at the team news tonight, Tipperary are good odds at 15/8 with Boyles to beat Cork. Would anyone agree?

Cork (Allianz FL v Tipperary): Mark White; Sam Ryan, Jamie O'Sullivan, Micheal McSweeney; Kevin Flahive, Kevin Crowley, Brian O'Driscoll; Ian Maguire, Daniel O'Callaghan; Sean White, Sean Powter, Ruairi Deane; John O'Rourke, Mark Collins, Stephen Sherlock.

Subs: Ryan Price, Eoin Lavers, Conor Dorman, Tomas Clancy, Kevin O'Driscoll, Cillian O'Hanlon, Michael Hurley, Colm O'Neill.

Tipperary (Allianz FL v Cork): Evan Comerford; Shane O'Connell, Jimmy Feehan, Emmet Moloney; Bill Maher, Alan Campbell, Robbie Kiely; Steven O'Brien, Jack Kennedy; Josh Keane, Conor Sweeney, Brian Fox; Liam Boland, Michael Quinlivan, Liam McGrath.

Was my first reaction when I saw the teams, went scrambling to see what price Tipp were, they have a very good record against Cork in recent times as well. Always a bit of the unknown at this time of the year but I think Tipp will have targeted this game, its imperative for Tipp if they want to establish themselves to be playing at least Division 2 football.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,108 ✭✭✭Boom__Boom

Yup - that Cork defence looks raw and the attack doesn't exactly look the most potent - they also seem to only have named 8 subs (I know Tipp haven't named any but naming a squad of 23 as opposed to the normal 26 is strange - maybe Frank didn't want too many footballers getting in to the stadium for free or something?)

The Tipp side named looks very strong - I'd imagine they are not that far off their strongest 15 - O'Brien back in midfield is a big plus and I like the look of Kennedy - looks to have serious potential. Definitely worth a run at 15/8 imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Feehan play full back for his club or? Wouldn't be the spot I would have associated with him...

• Registered Users Posts: 16,524 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Tipp evs at +2.

keane2097 wrote: »
    Feehan play full back for his club or? Wouldn't be the spot I would have associated with him...

Plays full back for Killenaule, and was fullback on the Tipp minors and Tipp U21's that won munster titles. Played most of his senior intercounty at corner back and wingback alright up to now but still only 22 which is quite young for a full back at that level.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

danganabu wrote: »
    Plays full back for Killenaule, and was fullback on the Tipp minors and Tipp U21's that won munster titles. Played most of his senior intercounty at corner back and wingback alright up to now but still only 22 which is quite young for a full back at that level.

Yeah I just remember being really impressed with him as a wing back a few times.

• Advertisement

keane2097 wrote: »
    Yeah I just remember being really impressed with him as a wing back a few times.

He's certainly not the type of FB that will stay inside manning the penalty area, he will get forward at every opportunity, wouldnt be overly surprised if himself and Campbell swap, or at the very least interchange, I certainly don't see Campbell being centre back come championship.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement