Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GAA Betting

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

ciaran1988 wrote: »
    Anyone any thoughts on the St Lomans v Moorefield Leinster Final today. Bookies can't seperate them

Lomans for me, mainly because of that full forward line

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭frank93

Anyone any thoughts on the weekend action. Laois footballers to beat Westmeath 5/6 and Westmeath to beat Offaly 9/4 look two stand out bets for me. Especially Westmeath to turn over Offaly.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,363 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

Had a little bet on Offaly to beat Dublin tonight.

Some really nice young Dublin footballers, but the weather might tip the balance in the favour of a more experienced Offaly outfit.

Worth a go at 9/4 IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,363 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

Close, but no cigar this time. 1-13 to 0-16

• Registered Users Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭franglan

Think Ros at 5/1 are decent value to top division 2. Well worth an each way bet to make top two, good talent returning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,108 ✭✭✭Boom__Boom

Anyone think Clare might be worth a small stakes bet against Cork in the McGrath Cup final -[Ladbrokes and Coral have Clare at 5/2] I'm mainly basing this on the Cork team named, which just looks a bit odd. One issue seems to be that Cork seem to have a lot of their stronger options on the bench, with there being a lot of question marks over the starting 15 - it's a fairly experimental lineup and there are very few lads there who I would regard as nailed on starters come championship especially in the positions listed.

The Cork Senior football team to play Clare in the McGrath Cup Final on Saturday 13th January in the Mallow GAA Complex @ 4pm has been announced as follows.

1. Mark White (Clonakilty)
    2. Sam Ryan (St Finbarrs)
    3. Conor Dorman (Bishopstown)
    4. Michael McSweeney (Newcestown)
    5. Padraig Clancy (Fermoy)
    6. Kevin Flahive (Douglas)
    7. Cian Kiely (Ballincollig)
    8. Jamie O Sullivan (Bishopstown) Captain
    9. Daniel O Callaghan (Clyde Rovers)
    10. Sean White (Clonakilty)
    11. Kevin Crowley (Millstreet)
    12. Michael Hurley (Castlehaven)
    13. Cathal Vaughan (Iveleary)
    14. Mark Collins (Castlehaven)
    15. Stephen Sherlock (St. Finbarrs)
    Subs:
    16. Anthony Casey (Kiskeam)
    17. Sean Wilson (Douglas)
    18. Dylan Quinn (St Finbarrs)
    19. Matthew Taylor ( Mallow)
    20. Ian Maguire (St Finbarrs)
    21. Ruairi Deane (Bantry Blues)
    22. Sean Powter (Douglas)
    23. John O Rourke (Carbery Rangers)
    24. Cian Dorgan (Ballincollig)

Clare havent named a team but Collins said it was likely to be a similar lineup to the Waterford game i.e a lot of younger lads.

Both teams scored the same against Waterford 2-18 and conceded a similar total.

Clare team from the Waterford game.

Clare
    1. Killian Roche (Cooraclare)

2. Joe Blake (Doonbeg)
    3. Cillian Brennan (Clondegad)
    4. Gordon Kelly (Miltown)

5. Seán Collins (Cratloe)
    6. Aaron Fitzgerald (Éire Óg)
    7. Jonah Culligan (Ballyvaughan)

8. Darragh Bohannon (Shannon Gaels)
    9. Cathal O’Connor (Coolmeen – captain)

10. Pearse Lillis (Cooraclare)
    11. Alan Sweeney (St Breckan’s)
    12. Kieran Malone (Miltown)

13. Eimhin Courtney (Éire Óg)
    14. Gearóid O’Brien (Kilrush)
    15. Conor Finnucane (Lissycasey)

Subs:

16. Eamon Tubridy (Doonbeg) for Killan Roche (half-time)
    17. Eoghan Collins (Ballyhaunis) for Joe Blake (half-time)
    18. David Egan (Kilmihil) for Pearse Lillis (half-time)
    20. Tom Hannon (Doora-Barefield) for Johan Culligan (half-time)
    19. Jack Hannon (Doora-Barefield) for Seán Collins (53)
    23. Éinne O’Connor (Éire Óg) for Gordon Kelly (55).

Another thing to consider is that Cork will play Clare in the league but that game's not until Paddy's day.

franglan wrote: »
    Think Ros at 5/1 are decent value to top division 2. Well worth an each way bet to make top two, good talent returning.

Yeah it doesn't look like there is a huge amount of quality teams in Division 2.

Cork and Meath are probably the main threats but there are a lot of questions about both and both seem to be a good bit below where they were at when they were at their peak (plus Cork will be missing their Nemo players for a good chunk).
    Cavan look to be in a bit of a state.
    Clare and Down look like the will be more concerned with avoiding relegation that what goes on at the top of the table..
    Hard to see Tipp or Louth as the two promoted teams challenging for the top spot.

Ros have four games at home, which I think is always a plus.

Definitely not that crazy an option especially e/w. Maybe see how Meath get on in the O'Byrne Cup and Cork get on in the McGrath Cup to get a better idea of what they will be like.

Yeah dream draw for Ros in terms of home/away fixtures. Panel in stronger than last years. Gone for the E/W.

FT
    Cork: 3-13(22)
    Clare: 3-12(21)

Clare made a serious stab at this, giving me a good run for my money, with a Cork goal in the 37th minute of the second half winning it for them. Hard luck to Clare, especially as they had a few of their more experienced lads missing.

Clare's first league game is 2 weeks away against Cavan at home, so that's definitely one to keep an eye on given Cavan's results in the McKenna Cup.

Cork went from being 10 points up at one stage, to being 3 points behind, going into injury time. It will be interesting to look at the detail of the game in the match reports.
    Boom__Boom wrote: »
    Anyone think Clare might be worth a small stakes bet against Cork in the McGrath Cup final -[Ladbrokes and Coral have Clare at 5/2] I'm mainly basing this on the Cork team named, which just looks a bit odd. One issue seems to be that Cork seem to have a lot of their stronger options on the bench, with there being a lot of question marks over the starting 15 - it's a fairly experimental lineup and there are very few lads there who I would regard as nailed on starters come championship especially in the positions listed.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,409 ✭✭✭robbiezero

Boom__Boom wrote: »

The Cork Senior football team to play Clare in the McGrath Cup Final on Saturday 13th January in the Mallow GAA Complex @ 4pm has been announced as follows.

1. Mark White (Clonakilty)
    2. Sam Ryan (St Finbarrs)
    3. Conor Dorman (Bishopstown)
    4. Michael McSweeney (Newcestown)
    5. Padraig Clancy (Fermoy)
    6. Kevin Flahive (Douglas)
    7. Cian Kiely (Ballincollig)
    8. Jamie O Sullivan (Bishopstown) Captain
    9. Daniel O Callaghan (Clyde Rovers)
    10. Sean White (Clonakilty)
    11. Kevin Crowley (Millstreet)
    12. Michael Hurley (Castlehaven)
    13. Cathal Vaughan (Iveleary)
    14. Mark Collins (Castlehaven)
    15. Stephen Sherlock (St. Finbarrs)
    Subs:
    16. Anthony Casey (Kiskeam)
    17. Sean Wilson (Douglas)
    18. Dylan Quinn (St Finbarrs)
    19. Matthew Taylor ( Mallow)
    20. Ian Maguire (St Finbarrs)
    21. Ruairi Deane (Bantry Blues)
    22. Sean Powter (Douglas)
    23. John O Rourke (Carbery Rangers)
    24. Cian Dorgan (Ballincollig)

Clare havent named a team but Collins said it was likely to be a similar lineup to the Waterford game i.e a lot of younger lads.

Both teams scored the same against Waterford 2-18 and conceded a similar total.

Clare team from the Waterford game.

Clare
    1. Killian Roche (Cooraclare)

2. Joe Blake (Doonbeg)
    3. Cillian Brennan (Clondegad)
    4. Gordon Kelly (Miltown)

5. Seán Collins (Cratloe)
    6. Aaron Fitzgerald (Éire Óg)
    7. Jonah Culligan (Ballyvaughan)

8. Darragh Bohannon (Shannon Gaels)
    9. Cathal O’Connor (Coolmeen – captain)

10. Pearse Lillis (Cooraclare)
    11. Alan Sweeney (St Breckan’s)
    12. Kieran Malone (Miltown)

13. Eimhin Courtney (Éire Óg)
    14. Gearóid O’Brien (Kilrush)
    15. Conor Finnucane (Lissycasey)

Subs:

16. Eamon Tubridy (Doonbeg) for Killan Roche (half-time)
    17. Eoghan Collins (Ballyhaunis) for Joe Blake (half-time)
    18. David Egan (Kilmihil) for Pearse Lillis (half-time)
    20. Tom Hannon (Doora-Barefield) for Johan Culligan (half-time)
    19. Jack Hannon (Doora-Barefield) for Seán Collins (53)
    23. Éinne O’Connor (Éire Óg) for Gordon Kelly (55).

Another thing to consider is that Cork will play Clare in the league but that game's not until Paddy's day.

backed em plus seven after cork scored the two goals in the first half based on your info. Cheers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,768 ✭✭✭spurshero

Was gonna back Roscommon at 5 s to win league but powers cut to 4 s . Seems to me there's a fair chance of powers spy on here as that s not first time something put up as value that was soon cut . Personally I be getting me own bet and price before posting here

• Registered Users Posts: 16,524 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

I doubt PP are that worried about posts on boards nor would there be a stream of bets on that market based on one post.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Danick

Any thoughts on tomorrow's inter-county hurling matches?

spurshero wrote: »
    Was gonna back Roscommon at 5 s to win league but powers cut to 4 s . Seems to me there's a fair chance of powers spy on here as that s not first time something put up as value that was soon cut . Personally I be getting me own bet and price before posting here

Agreed ended getting slightly better than 4/1 with ladbrooks.

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭gooseygander

Roscommon to win div 2 and Laois to win div 4 pays out nearly an 8/1 double. I think it’s worth a few shekels.

Whats weather like in Mayo at the moment. I see Boyles have Leitrim v Sligo at 24.5 points at 8pm tonight. Match has been moved to the Connacht centre of excellence at Bekan which has synthetic pitches.

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭iluvfatfrogs

robbiezero wrote: »
    Whats weather like in Mayo at the moment. I see Boyles have Leitrim v Sligo at 24.5 points at 8pm tonight. Match has been moved to the Connacht centre of excellence at Bekan which has synthetic pitches.

No major gale but rain is constant

No major gale but rain is constant

cheers
    will keep money in pocket so.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭ciaran1988

Only 3 points short at HT

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭CapsLock20

Roscommon to win div 2 and Laois to win div 4 pays out nearly an 8/1 double. I think it’s worth a few shekels.

I agree with Roscommon. For me they have the best squad of players in Division 2 and have strengthened since last year with the return of the Daly brothers, Peter Domican and Cathal Cregg.

I wouldn't trust Laois though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭CapsLock20

Any opinions on the Fitzgibbon and Sigerson Cups or the All Ireland club championships?

Does anyone think Lahardane are good value at 6/5 (PP) to beat Westmeath champions Multyfarnham?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 103 ✭✭JoshRosen

CapsLock20 wrote: »
    Any opinions on the Fitzgibbon and Sigerson Cups or the All Ireland club championships?

Does anyone think Lahardane are good value at 6/5 (PP) to beat Westmeath champions Multyfarnham?

I’ve been told UCC are a great bet at 11/4. 13/8 with John Boyle

Just a quick question on Roscommon. I’ve never bet on the league, there is 2 markets. To win outright & win promotion. How does that work? Sorry if it seems a stupid question :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭danganabu

JoshRosen wrote: »
    Just a quick question on Roscommon. I’ve never bet on the league, there is 2 markets. To win outright & win promotion. How does that work? Sorry if it seems a stupid question :)

Top two are promoted and also play each other in the Division final.

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭lorcand1990

JoshRosen wrote: »

At the end of the league the top two teams from Divisions 2,3 & 4 win promotion automatically. Those two top teams then playoff to 'win' the division outright.

Thanks. Might put them in to be promoted at 7/4 so in a double with UCC. Just under 10/1

• Registered Users Posts: 2,330 ✭✭✭robwen

UCC for the Sigerson or Fitzgibbon?

robwen wrote: »
    UCC for the Sigerson or Fitzgibbon?

Sigerson!

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭ciaran1988

Roscommon to get promoted div 2
    Cavan to get relegated div 2
    Fermanagh to get promoted div 3

Treble pays nearly 24/1 with PP

Was wanting to add Tyrone to make div1 final but no odds for that yet on PP

• Advertisement

ciaran1988 wrote: »
    Roscommon to get promoted div 2
    Cavan to get relegated div 2
    Fermanagh to get promoted div 3

Treble pays nearly 24/1 with PP

Was wanting to add Tyrone to make div1 final but no odds for that yet on PP

I like Tyrone at 15/2 e/w (1/3 odds) to win Div 1 with ladbrokes and Coral.

They have Dublin and Kerry at home and given how poorly the Ulster championship prepared them for the onslaught of the Dubs last year, I imagine they will be aiming to give the league a serious rattle and I think it will be very important for them to beat the Dubs at home in their second game.
    Dublin and Mayo may well be under-cooked from holidays and lack of games especially early on in the league (although an under-cooked Dublin is still a very hard to beat side as we saw last year).
    I'm not sure how hard Kerry will go for the league either, they badly need to unearth some new players this year and will be conscious of how flat they were in the latter stages of the championship last year after winning the league.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement