Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online Dating

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭MudSkipper

ooh and date this week went even better than the previous one, so I may become a spectator to this thread :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭Misticles

MudSkipper wrote: »
    ooh and date this week went even better than the previous one, so I may become a spectator to this thread :D:D:D

very good :)

• Registered Users Posts: 39 murhatchi

murhatchi wrote: »
    Hi, thanks for the replies. Indeed I have been using Hi etc.. in the subject line but Ive always referenced something in the profile in the message body (where there was something to reference of course!), should the subject line be more comprehensive or would quick reply be better? MAybe my profile and pic are just lousy :(

Just to say now emailing four girls, so far so good. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,079 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

timmy880 wrote: »
    Im surprised you reply tbh. Nearly every girls profile I've seen usually says no pic no reply!!

I have no problem replying to people with no pics butI certainly wouldnt contact them first.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Horchata

I hate getting messages that just say "Hi" or "How are you" and then you click on the profile and theres no info and no pic!
    What about that is gonna make me think, oh yeh, this is the one for me!

Do people actually respond to that kinda thing?? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭duke916

Misticles wrote: »
    Would you ratehr get 10 mails from 9 people you have no interest in or 2 from people you would be? Also a lot of those mails are, "Hey babz, hw r u?, wna hk up 2ni?" or some other illegible gick!

Jesus if its one thing i don't do, thats text speak. if i read a profile that was full of that kind of grammar i just wouldnt bother me bum.

Gick! Thats gotta be word of the week :D

duke916 wrote: »
    Jesus if its one thing i don't do, thats text speak. if i read a profile that was full of that kind of grammar i just wouldnt bother me bum.

Gick! Thats gotta be word of the week :D

I no, is lik so annyn wen ppk tk lik dis in it?

:D

/back to reality

How people can converse like that is beyond me! I wouldn't entertain anyone who writes like that or calls me LOVE!

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭timmy880

Just a bizzare moment there. Was texting a girl a few weeks back and we were supposed to meet up but she had things on blah blah and it went cold...

She just text there saying she has a hot date tonight. Is this crazy mind games or what??

All thoughts welcome!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭AnnyHallsal

Just a bizzare moment there. Was texting a girl a few weeks back and we were supposed to meet up but she had things on blah blah and it went cold...

She just text there saying she has a hot date tonight. Is this crazy mind games or what??

All thoughts welcome!!

Wrong number? :confused:

Otherwise, I think that's ignorant. I'd be (mildly) miffed if someone I was meant to go on a date with sent me that message a few weeks later!

Wrong number? :confused:

Otherwise, I think that's ignorant. I'd be (mildly) miffed if someone I was meant to go on a date with sent me that message a few weeks later!

I agree. I was the one pushing for the date big time but she was too busy. Although she is online most days so you would expect her to be talking to others but no need to rub my face in it! :(

• Advertisement

All thoughts welcome!!

i wouldnt even bother texting back. i really dont understand what sort of response these kind of people look for. is she expecting you to be jealous or something? what a clown. put it this way, aint ya glad ya didnt meet up with her if this is her mentality.

i wouldnt even bother texting back. i really dont understand what sort of response these kind of people look for. is she expecting you to be jealous or something? what a clown. put it this way, aint ya glad ya didnt meet up with her if this is her mentality.

Cheers duke. Ya that's one way to look at it. It's just there is no need to tell me at all is there? Must be trying to make me jealous but why? I wanted to meet and she was the one who kept putting it off. Even the way she said it... "Hot date tonight....How r u?"

What the hell is she expecting me to say back to that?? Mind games surely.. :confused:

Definite mind games or a case of sent to the wrong person.

In all seriousness, what would one hope to achieve by sending a message to a guy she had been chatting with? Does she want him to fight for her? :rolleyes:

Some women... not all..SOME :D

Definite mind games or a case of sent to the wrong person.

In all seriousness, what would one hope to achieve by sending a message to a guy she had been chatting with? Does she want him to fight for her? :rolleyes:

Some women... not all..SOME :D

Oh well good luck to her and god speed!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

sounds like an ex of mine, used to wreck my head with that ****e. :p

Girl I've been chatting to for 2 weeks and getting on pretty well with, messaged today to come clean, she's now officially got a BF off POF, so wanted to say goodbye before deleting her profile. A little jealous, but delighted to hear it works sometimes! Best of luck to her.

wrong number my hole. this is what i was talking about when i mentioned how a lot of the girls on there are just up for the attention. well i wouldn't bother wasting my money replying but if one was inclined to, reply with something like...

'funny you should mention 'hot date'. i too have one myself tonight. aint this a funny world!'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 874 ✭✭✭eilo1

Cheers duke. Ya that's one way to look at it. It's just there is no need to tell me at all is there? Must be trying to make me jealous but why? I wanted to meet and she was the one who kept putting it off. Even the way she said it... "Hot date tonight....How r u?"

What the hell is she expecting me to say back to that?? Mind games surely.. :confused:

Has to be a mistake. I wouldn't take it personally. Iv text boyfriends even ex boyfriends messages that were about them but not for them!

I think it happens because im thing of them and just automatically go for their name in the addressbook.

Its embarrassing but it happens!

To accidentally send a message like that to somebody you were texting 2 weeks ago? And that specific message? Defo not a wrong number imo. Ah well, at least she is showing her true colours now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

wrong number my hole. this is what i was talking about when i mentioned how a lot of the girls on there are just up for the attention. well i wouldn't bother wasting my money replying but if one was inclined to, reply with something like...

'funny you should mention 'hot date'. i too have one myself tonight. aint this a funny world!'

nope, better to pretend you don't know who she is

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

All thoughts welcome!!

I'd just text back "good for you! Happy dating" and leave it at that. Doubt it is a mistake but not sure why she'd text you. Maybe she thought you were just online friends?

I wouldn't spend any more time thinking about it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭sharper

People are strange.

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭uglyjohn

Dovies wrote: »
    I have no problem replying to people with no pics butI certainly wouldnt contact them first.

Interesting...I tend to go for the ones with no pictures first when I’m looking for girls to message. The logic being any pretty girl with a pic up will be bombarded with messages and less likely to respond. I do message ones with visible pics sometimes but I get a much higher reply rate from girls with hidden pictures.

As it stands now I have one date lined up and I’m actively messaging 2 others. One more hasn’t written back to a message but i think she's still in play. Based on my previous experience though I’d expect 2 out of the 4 to disappear between now and next week when i get back to Perth.

uglyjohn wrote: »
    Interesting...I tend to go for the ones with no pictures first when I’m looking for girls to message. The logic being any pretty girl with a pic up will be bombarded with messages and less likely to respond. .

Well using that logic I must be butt ugly!! :(:eek:

think we all question how we look or if our profiles are somewhat boring etc when there is lack of responses from emailing or being emailed on sites like these. id rather be true to myself, be patient and just stick with it than be some jumped up tosser who puts up professional photos of themselves and thinking they're sooooooo gorgeous when in reality most of them have faces like a bulldog chewing a wasp.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,107 ✭✭✭booboo88

Some people won't put a pic up out of fear they will be recognised so sometimes you gotta chance it.
    To me that screams that theyre playing away from home, well in my experience.
    I may start with the paper bag over my head:eek:

booboo88 wrote: »
    To me that screams that theyre playing away from home, well in my experience.

I may start with the paper bag over my head:eek:

It could mean that but it could mean they don't want to seen my fellow workers/friends.

It could mean that but it could mean they don't want to seen my fellow workers/friends.

When I first started on the sites I didnt have a pic up for that reason then I thought sod it - if anyone I know sees me then they are using the sites too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭parker kent

Well he said any pretty girl with a picture up, he didn't mention pretty girls that don't have pictures up :)

Well he said any pretty girl with a picture up, he didn't mention pretty girls that don't have pictures up :)

I have lots of pics up but thanks anyway! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

Yeah but if anyone sees them, they're on the site too? So what harm.

I dunno, looks aren't everything to me, but there definitely has to be some sort of physical attraction!

I guess I'd be less likely to send a message or reply to someone with no photo because, well, I'm putting myself out there and could well be recognised. If I am, so what? I don't have anything on my profile that I wouldn't have on Facebook etc. It would seem to me that the person is fairly insecure or something if they don't have a photo up.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement