Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Biggest Sh!thole in Ireland

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭Pace2008

uwala wrote: »
    OMG you are like so "with it" and stuff. Whats the latest lingo in dA gAng/Rap scEne sInce u seEmz to be on da 5treetZZ Wit ur cru (biG up da cru).R U pAkin a 9mm cUz da 5treetz of Dubalin townz izz liKe a warZone maN its woR5e daN AfGhaNisTan buD.

Or wud u preefur if oi talkt loike dis b-coz u iz a professunell traydzmin nd u iz troyin to meuv op en da wurld und oi iz goin to shaow doze poshies dat oi iz now meddle clast. Meoi son iz goin to git da bist edumacatian dat me professunell erninz can boi, dyanowarameanloikeweeeeeerrrrrrrrr.
    Sorry mate, I'm a few years out of school and my Swahili's gone a bit off the boil.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

powerfade wrote: »
    Rathkeale, home of the travellers, has to be seen to be believed....
    its hard on the eyes but its not rough, contrary to ill-informed popular opinion. Travellers rarely cause any more trouble than blocking up main street with their Hiaces. More of a nuisance than a menace.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

ladywell out in blanchardstown

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

owenc wrote: »
    Just wondering does that include fermanagh,tyrone and all that? Because if it does they are not landlocked as tyrone has lough neagh.
    having a border with a lough does not make a county maritime. If it doesn't touch the sea then its inland.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭CavanCrew

I think you can guess which one i DIDNT vote for!

<<<<< :mad: Not happy !!

:P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

Being back in Tralee for a few weeks this summer, It has to be up there, the utter scum round that town is insane.
    What has gotten noticeably out of hand is the amount of people drinking and being drunk openly in the town during the day. Everyone one of them either pavees or foreign nationals. They have the Town Park and Pairc na Pairsigh taken over at times. It is a criminal offence under local by-law to drink in a public place in Tralee but the Gardai do not enforce it. I have seen Gardai move people from around St Johns Church and into the seating in the Town Park - out of sight, out of mind. I came across one guy last week twisted about midday clearly after coming out of the small Tesco with a box of budweiser and heading for the park.

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭mk6705

Tralee. I can't feel safe in walking through there anymore. It is the people that make Tralee the way it is. As was mentioned earlier it's the mentality of the people. There are many decent people in Tralee, but there is also unfortunately a much bigger proportion than normal of scumbags around the place. It's too big to be friendly, and too small for there to be much to do there. Kerry in general is a lovely county - especially Killarney and the rest is fine barring maybe Castleisland and parts of Listowel. But Tralee has just become a hole.

And I really don't see how Limerick tops this poll. It's a lovely city I think. It has it's dodgy areas, but the city centre is nice and I feel safe there, unlike Tralee.

Furthermore I think it's understandable that Cork isn't listed here, it's a very nice city. The places mentioned are a bit limited, but the rankings are pretty justified, except for Limerick. Rathkeale should be on this list, it's possibly the most run down town centre I've seen in the country. For a town of 10,000 people it's a real hole.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭A V A

dundrum !!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 903 ✭✭✭bernardo mac

Might agree with you Adro947. I believe that Rathkeale is the only town enroute to Dublin from Derrynane that Daniel O'Connell did not leave a bastard child.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭scientific1982

Donegal sorry, so depressing their for me... put derry there as well.
    At least we can spell in Donegal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

CavanCrew wrote: »
    I think you can guess which one i DIDNT vote for!

<<<<< :mad: Not happy !!

:P
    There is worse places in Cavan...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

How come O'Connell Street was left out of the poll :confused::eek:

Junkies FTW

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 celticbhoy1888

dublin might be a bit of a hole but at least where not 3o years behind the rest of europe.seriously learn how to ****in dress and wash,culchies

• Registered Users Posts: 4,931 ✭✭✭dingding

kfallon wrote: »
    What is 'retarted'???

Someone over 65 and no longer working.

(From the Borat movie, the dinner party bit)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

dublin might be a bit of a hole but at least where not 3o years behind the rest of europe.seriously learn how to ****in dress and wash,culchies
    You don't get out of Dublin much, do you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭Michael B

What's wrong with Newbridge? Always thought it was a nice enough place when I've been there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭Prabhu Deva

Castletownbere

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

No time.
    I'm too busy working on my punctuation.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Platform Web

MOst of the towns listed correlate with poor local authority structuring. Rather than listing sh1tholes for craic, we need a government that eliminates the status quo where nothing REALLY happening at National level because the local gov tail wags the dog. Ireland is the loser.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,685 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

Bailieboro. Old fashioned shops. Crabby, mean people

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭mickydoomsux

Carlow. Wall to wall knackers.

Closely followed by Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭LambsEye

Raiser wrote: »
    Limerick City is a soulless, grey, dank, depressing and dangerous Drain.

COME ON LIMERICK!!!

"Sody boss ju've a spare faaaaaaaag juuuuuuuu?"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 mabozarichie

BOARDS.IE

• Registered Users Posts: 1,678 ✭✭✭LambsEye

BOARDS.IE

Yes? Yes that's right, this is Boards.ie. Do you need directions? Do you often loudly announce your location?

SITTING ROOM

TESCO BAKING GOODS

• Registered Users Posts: 26,282 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

why isnt donegal in the list ? or celbridge ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

Tallaght my hole. Anyone who voted Tallaght has never been to Tallaght. And hence, is an idiot!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

Donegal sorry, so depressing their for me... put derry there as well.

Get the London bit out of Derry and Derry will do very nicely.Thank you very much.

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭Totally Tropical

Sorry for bumping this but what a silly thread!As for the person asking why is Waterford on the list!Sure Waterford is the most underrated place in ireland.The people there are some of the nicest and friendliest in the country.As for the people moaning about Cork not being on the list well a lot of people with chips on their shoulders are just determined not to like Cork.Dublin has the same problem.As for all the eejit's that voted for Limerick.That lot have probably never been to Limerick in their lives and swallowed all the Dublin media propaganda!Out of town shopping centres and outrages business rental rates have crippled the city centre but it's actually a very nice city.It's a pity some people can't see that.Oh and the indignation from the Galway crowd about the thought of people actually not liking Galway is hilarious.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,178 ✭✭✭✭NothingMan

Zombie troll....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭Birroc

To be fair Dublin City Centre has gotten worse and worse in the past 3 years. It's a positively awful experience now. Heaven for drug addicts perhaps.
    They need zero tolerance (they being the utterly useless Gardai who have their eyes on the ground when walking around).

Advertisement