Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Biggest Sh!thole in Ireland

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 341 ✭✭poppyvally

you didint mention Dundalk!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭Daveysil15

Sally's Gap is a fierce place. Not sure why Galway city is in the list? Tis a fine place.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭TiGeR KiNgS

MULLINGAR

• Registered Users Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭feargale

The best place in the world during the summer but a complete sh!thole for the other 8 months of the year.

Scandinavia gets 12 monthe of crap weather, and, depending on where you live, up to 4 months of total darkness. Yet those countries have the best way of life, standards of living, and living index factors in the world. It's the political system, my friend. And on that score, people get what they choose and deserve.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭Birroc

feargale wrote: »
    Scandinavia gets 12 months of crap weather.

Not true. Stockholm gets a great summer and even though it's cold, it is quite stunning in Winter.

25C in Oslo tomorrow.
    22C in Copenhagen tomorrow.
    23C in Helsinki tomorrow

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭Mr Tibbs

Birroc wrote: »
    Not true. Stockholm gets a great summer and even though it's cold, it is quite stunning in Winter.

25C in Oslo tomorrow.
    23C in Helsinki tomorrow

Don't forget all those lovely blondes :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭Festy

Tuam

Not true. Stockholm gets a great summer andYes they get blips as wedo even though it's cold, it is quite stunning in Winter.

25C in Oslo tomorrow.
    23C in Helsinki tomorrow
    Yes, they get blips as we do.

Mr Tibbs wrote: »
    Don't forget all those lovely blondes :)

No good if you're blind!

• Registered Users Posts: 31,823 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Festy wrote: »
    Tuam

There is places worse than Tuam in Galway, never mind in the country. One example would be Gort.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,776 ✭✭✭SeanW

Limerick City, Ennis and Finglas

/thread

• Registered Users Posts: 8,740 ✭✭✭degsie

Leinster House!

• Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭lods

• Registered Users Posts: 5,256 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

Donegal is fairly bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,846 ✭✭✭siltirocker

the thought of people actually not liking Galway is hilarious.:D

Ah christ, well said. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭Nippledragon

feargale wrote: »
    No good if you're blind!

You may well go blind from admiring the views there........if ya know what I mean.....:o

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 8,490 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fluorescence

You may well go blind from admiring the views there........if ya know what I mean.....:o

Best. Username. Ever :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭COYW

To be fair Dublin City Centre has gotten worse and worse in the past 3 years. It's a positively awful experience now. Heaven for drug addicts perhaps.

They need zero tolerance (they being the utterly useless Gardai who have their eyes on the ground when walking around).

I get the bus from Islandbridge some days and the amount of drunks, tramps, weirdos and drug addicts in that area is ridiculous. Can't remember the last time, I have seen a guard on the beat there. The last day I was asked for 50c when I was waiting for the bus stop, on two separate occasions. The first man was an obvious heroin addict, so I told him I had no change but the second was reasonably well dressed and looked like he had just been shopping. He told me that he had forgotten about change for the bus and seemed genuine, so I gave him the 50c.

His bus, a #26 bus arrived and he thanked me for the money, one more time. As he got onto the bus, I watched him pull out a bus pass and he presented it to the driver. Still baffled as to why he needed to get the 50c from me. Was is some form of weird thrill?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

I have to agree with Donegal, other places like dublin may have areas that are worse than it but they also have decent areas. Donegal has nothing, it filled with people in tracksuits who will make a career on the dole and looking for a reason to fight. You wont get stabbed but somebody might decide to take a swing, fail and come back with their friends.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,421 ✭✭✭ToddyDoody

Sorry for bumping this but what a silly thread!As for the person asking why is Waterford on the list!Sure Waterford is the most underrated place in ireland.The people there are some of the nicest and friendliest in the country.
    Its so so, could easily make its way onto the top 10.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭dd972

Tralee and Limerick are rubbish places, as are Portlaoise and Mullingar, in Dublin I'd have to say the North Inner City, Finglas ( behind the Tesco on Finglas Rd ), the actual Finglas Village area itself isn't too bad eventhough I wouldn't drink there and other bits like Jobstown, Coolock and Darndale.

One thing I'd say about Cork City is despite the fact it's got poor and dodgy parts, they don't seem to impinge on the city's atmosphere or image like they do with Dublin or Limerick.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭Reekwind

COYW wrote: »
    His bus, a #26 bus arrived and he thanked me for the money, one more time. As he got onto the bus, I watched him pull out a bus pass and he presented it to the driver. Still baffled as to why he needed to get the 50c from me. Was is some form of weird thrill?
    Why did the first person want 50c?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,375 ✭✭✭Sin City

dd972 wrote: »
    Tralee and Limerick are rubbish places, as are Portlaoise and Mullingar, in Dublin I'd have to say the North Inner City, Finglas ( behind the Tesco on Finglas Rd ), the actual Finglas Village area itself isn't too bad eventhough I wouldn't drink there and other bits like Jobstown, Coolock and Darndale.

One thing I'd say about Cork City is despite the fact it's got poor and dodgy parts, they don't seem to impinge on the city's atmosphere or image like they do with Dublin or Limerick.

Define rubbish places?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭COYW

Reekwind wrote: »
    Why did the first person want 50c?

No reason given. Just asked for 50c.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭dd972

Sin City wrote: »
    Define rubbish places?

For example, Tralee is an eyesore compared to Killarney and has a far higher quotient of skangery types and our mobile brethren ( elaborate no further ), Limerick likewise apart from the cosmetic post Celtic Tiger changes in the city centre is a dreary, depressing place.

As regards the Dublin areas I mentioned compare them to Clontarf, Sandymount or Rathmines and they're rubbish by comparison.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,607 ✭✭✭toastedpickles

Cannot believe nobody's said Monaghan yet, woeful place altogether
    Also a not so honorable mention

Athy
    Athlone
    Ballinasloe
    Enniscorthy
    Gorey
    Bishopstown in Cork
    Letterkenny
    Portloaise

And Kildare town, g'way with your Newbridge, Kildare is waaaay worse

• Registered Users Posts: 5,720 ✭✭✭donegal_man

I have to agree with Donegal, other places like dublin may have areas that are worse than it but they also have decent areas. Donegal has nothing, it filled with people in tracksuits who will make a career on the dole and looking for a reason to fight. You wont get stabbed but somebody might decide to take a swing, fail and come back with their friends.

Horse feathers! Just like everywhere else Donegal has it's share of dodgy places and dodgy people but to characterise an entire county as full of work shy, tracksuit wearing layabouts who want nothing more than a punch up is lazy stereotyping of the worst kind and smacks of trolling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,113 ✭✭✭shruikan2553

Horse feathers! Just like everywhere else Donegal has it's share of dodgy places and dodgy people but to characterise an entire county as full of work shy, tracksuit wearing layabouts who want nothing more than a punch up is lazy stereotyping of the worst kind and smacks of trolling.

I never said they all were all like that, Im from Donegal so it is hardly me stereotyping. The unemployment rate there is one of the highest in the country and there is very little jobs for someone with education beyond their leaving cert.

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭Hammar

Anyone who voted for my home town Cavan had been added to my shltlist.
    You will enter at number 5,coincidentally 1 spot behind the town itself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,404 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Can't believe Portadown has not been mentioned. It has the general scumminess that applies to the bad areas of Limerick and Tallaght plus a load of sectarian hatred to boot.

Advertisement