Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Biggest Sh!thole in Ireland

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

errr...what about cork?

Now there's a complete sh!ithole if ever there was one.

Obviously not included in the poll because the bar chart isn't
    big enough to accommodate all the votes it would receive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

It's high time for a Mary Harney joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,583 ✭✭✭skeleton_boy

Felt safer going out in college in Limerick than I do back home in Tralee. Says it all really. The place is full of scumbags.

How Galway is on the list is baffling. Easily the most beautiful City in Ireland. Although I've not been to Waterford yet :P

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭Claasman

Felt safer going out in college in Limerick than I do back home in Tralee. Says it all really. The place is full of scumbags.

How Galway is on the list is baffling. Easily the most beautiful City in Ireland. Although I've not been to Waterford yet :P

+1. Been away from tralee for a few years, cant believe how much worse its got. The town centre is filthy and dead. Read in the paper that there are now approx 100 heroin addicts in the town, mainly due to the crime bosses from limerick moving down here to get out of the limelight, and bringing the heroin with them. Says it all really. At least the new ring road will allow people to avoid the dump of a town in a few years time.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

Claasman wrote: »
    +1. Been away from tralee for a few years, cant believe how much worse its got. The town centre is filthy and dead. Read in the paper that there are now approx 100 heroin addicts in the town, mainly due to the crime bosses from limerick moving down here to get out of the limelight, and bringing the heroin with them. Says it all really. At least the new ring road will allow people to avoid the dump of a town in a few years time.

do tell which "crime bosses" have moved to tralee from limerick please.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

zuroph wrote: »

Lex Luthor, The Penguin, christ dont you watch the news :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭scut

How has Ballina not been mentioned? Most depressing town I ever visited

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

owenc wrote: »
    Donegal sorry, so depressing their for me... put derry there as well.

Since we are bashing towns, why not grammar?
    How did you manage to use the correct spelling and the wrong spelling for the same word in the same sentence?

Anyway I put down Longford. The only reason for that is that I hate driving through it. It looks boring and depressing.
    Even Limerick has the shiny new tunnel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭Saab Ed

Saruman wrote: »
    Since we are bashing towns, why not grammar?
    How did you manage to use the correct spelling and the wrong spelling for the same word in the same sentence?

Better still lets bash you for being another bloddy spelling nazi. Seeing how you seem to know everything , I expect we wont be seeing you on boards again asking any questions.

Who cares!

Knock FTW.

So... Our Lord chose that place?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

Ricardo G wrote: »
    Carrick on suir, Co.tipp
    Youghal, Co.Cork
    Ballybeg, Waterford City
    Macroom, Co.Cork
    Tralee, Co.Kerry
    Croom, Co.Limerick
    Enniscorthy, Co.Limerick
    Finglas, Dublin
    Arklow, Co.Wiclow
    Limerick is getting accused of all sorts of stuff now. Even wild expansionism.

This thread is awfully negative. I imagine a huge percentage of votes are cast in ignorance. Mind you, so many votes in Ireland are. Which makes the island verge on ****hole status. Oh, the circular logic is twisting my head here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭Pace2008

candy-gal1 wrote: »
    Wheres the option for finglas, coolock or ballymun? oh okay its in Ireland but still
    Neither Coolock nor Ballymun are nearly as bad as they used to be. Far bigger ****holes out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭Smokin_Aces

Booterstown. Manky place with a god awful stench. Smells like Cowen and Harney fornicating in a river.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,119 ✭✭✭Wagon

Where the feck is the option for Athlone?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

scut wrote: »
    How has Ballina not been mentioned? Most depressing town I ever visited

because they said ****hole not depressing :)

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭Claasman

Lex Luthor, The Penguin, christ dont you watch the news

zuroph

http://kerryman.newspaperdirect.com/epaper/viewer.aspx

you're welcome

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

Why isn't Shannon on that list?

seriously lads, it doesn't get worse than Shannon..it really is hell

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Il Trap wrote: »
    Kingscourt :eek: Never again. Traveller ridden sh!thole!
    Mmm, I live in a neighbouring town (well, a big village) and I notice if you don't go to the top of the hill in Kingscourt, you'll be grand, the knackers seem to stay in their place if you get me. Could've been worse, could've went to Bailieborough!

But yeah... Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

I would like to ask the 17 people who voted 'Galway' are they taking their medication?

I'm from Co Limerick but have no hesitation in voting for Limerick City. Some nice areas but unfortunately the bad areas are all too prevalent, city centre is the ugliest in the country over-run with knackers. Any one who's ever walked out from the train/bus station will appreciate this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭pork99

I voted for Longford but I have to admit is has its uses

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Sink-Longford-to-make-a-lake-to-prevent-future-flooding-in-Ireland/351203105327?ref=ts

(20,471 people like this)

Anywhere large enough, like Dublin or Limerick, will have pleasant neighbourhoods to balance the horrible ones. However somewhere like Athlone even though it's not wall-to-wall skangers (and admittedly there are plenty of that species in Athlone) is just a wee bit dull. Back in the mid-90s as a student I had to spend few weekends in Athlone and I came to know the meaning of tedium. Even during the weekend I once had an unexpected afternoon off and found myself in the town wondering, after browsing Easons, what there was left to do now except to start drinking.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭Mister men

Darndale.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Mick990

Have to say lads I lived in Dolphins Barn for a year and it is a total sh1thole .

The only good thing was i could phone hell and get local rates

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 uwala

Every part of Dublin is ruined by scum. At least in England the ruling classes seperated themselves from the rabble. Here our scumbag county councillors tried to "integrate" them. It failed.

The skanger accent is spreading too as scumbag tradesmen move into better areas with their Celtic tiger earnings. Unfortunately they brought their accents with them and their children emulate the ridiculous "Eminem gangsta" crap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭Pace2008

uwala wrote: »
    Every part of Dublin is ruined by scum. At least in England the ruling classes seperated themselves from the rabble. Here our scumbag county councillors tried to "integrate" them. It failed.

The skanger accent is spreading too as scumbag tradesmen move into better areas with their Celtic tiger earnings. Unfortunately they brought their accents with them and their children emulate the ridiculous "Eminem gangsta" crap.
    "Eminem gangsta." How laughably out of touch are you?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭oceanclub

SV wrote: »
    Why isn't Shannon on that list?

seriously lads, it doesn't get worse than Shannon..it really is hell

Given that it's the only place in Ireland that my wife was racially abused, I'd have to give it my vote.

P.

• Registered Users Posts: 903 ✭✭✭bernardo mac

Lots of 'em.Ireland's popular holiday resorts + mobile home sites.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭upmeath

Newbridge. I'm currently writing a thesis on the mistake that is Kildare in general. Monasterevin, Castledermot, Robertstown... whoever thought of these places is a sick, sick individual. Naas is the only one I find even remotely tolerable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 uwala

Pace2008 wrote: »

OMG you are like so "with it" and stuff. Whats the latest lingo in dA gAng/Rap scEne sInce u seEmz to be on da 5treetZZ Wit ur cru (biG up da cru).R U pAkin a 9mm cUz da 5treetz of Dubalin townz izz liKe a warZone maN its woR5e daN AfGhaNisTan buD.

Or wud u preefur if oi talkt loike dis b-coz u iz a professunell traydzmin nd u iz troyin to meuv op en da wurld und oi iz goin to shaow doze poshies dat oi iz now meddle clast. Meoi son iz goin to git da bist edumacatian dat me professunell erninz can boi, dyanowarameanloikeweeeeeerrrrrrrrr.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭fionnsda

Hello folks
    coleraine gets my vote as its always cold and rainy (hence the name)
    but there are plenty of other **** holes up in the north of ireland!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 417 ✭✭Wolf Club

Pace2008 wrote: »

I can't imagine anyone with such strong ideas about social classification and tiered societies being "down" with the young folk.

Advertisement