Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garmin Megathread-Ask your questions here-See post 1 on how to search thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,496 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Foxx92 wrote: »
    Seemed to have lost my docking thing for my 405... Anybody know where i could get one?
    The 405 doesn't have a cradle. It has a USB(mains) charger and a USB ANT stick. If it's the charger you're looking for, amazon may be your best bet.

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Foxx92

The 405 doesn't have a cradle. It has a USB(mains) charger and a USB ANT stick. If it's the charger you're looking for, amazon may be your best bet.

Sorry, meant the 305, got mixed up there. And after searching that, i found a couple. Are they usually this expensive,like 20 euro for what is just a piece of plastic and a couple of connections?

Foxx92 wrote: »
    Sorry, meant the 305, got mixed up there. And after searching that, i found a couple. Are they usually this expensive,like 20 euro for what is just a piece of plastic and a couple of connections?
    Maybe post a couple of wanted ads? Bound to be some runners with broken 305s, who still have the charging cradle. Also try eBay. Does seem like crazy money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,199 ✭✭✭G-Money

Just noticed something odd about my Forerunner 110. The last two mornings I've got up and the display has been completely blank even though the battery is not flat. I've had to press and hold the light button for a few seconds and the watch them comes on.

I'm not sure if its just been sitting on its side or something during the night and one of the buttons made it go off or something, but it's kind of strange.

Anyone else seen this? I'm wondering if this is the first sign that the watch is on it's way out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 420 ✭✭dev123

Hi folks,

Just wondering if people have transfered activities from Garmin Connect to Sports Tracks. My Sports Tracks profile was corrupted last night and I've lost all my running history (approx 1 1/2 years worth).

I was using Garmin Connect up until November. I can't access it anymore as my laptop is from work and I can't download the latest Garmin connect plug-in to upload activities.

Between what is stored on my 305 and what is on Garmin connect I have almost all my history. I would like to have it all in the one place so the question is can I bulk transfer activities from Garmin Connect to Sports Tracks? I have seen that individual activities can be exported so all is not lost but I am from a generation where I want things not only the easy way but I want them now. :)

Thanks in advance

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭neilc

dev123 wrote: »
    Hi folks,

Just wondering if people have transfered activities from Garmin Connect to Sports Tracks. My Sports Tracks profile was corrupted last night and I've lost all my running history (approx 1 1/2 years worth).

I was using Garmin Connect up until November. I can't access it anymore as my laptop is from work and I can't download the latest Garmin connect plug-in to upload activities.

Between what is stored on my 305 and what is on Garmin connect I have almost all my history. I would like to have it all in the one place so the question is can I bulk transfer activities from Garmin Connect to Sports Tracks? I have seen that individual activities can be exported so all is not lost but I am from a generation where I want things not only the easy way but I want them now. :)

Thanks in advance
    Not sure about bulk transfer from garmin connect but sports tracks saves two backup file so hopefully one of them will work for you, or could would they be corrupt now too.

neilc wrote: »
    Not sure about bulk transfer from garmin connect but sports tracks saves two backup file so hopefully one of them will work for you, or could would they be corrupt now too.

The two back up files are in sh!te as well. Not sure what happened to them but will create my own back ups at regular intervals from now on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭neilc

The two back up files are in sh!te as well. Not sure what happened to them but will create my own back ups at regular intervals from now on.
    Yeah that's a good idea alright, from bitter experience I do a manual backup to Dropbox myself now at least once a month. Hope you get sorted. I was lucky i got everything back when it happened to me, I had bits of logs all over the place which I managed to piece together into sports tracks. It was buckeyeoutdoors that crashed in my case.

I have seen that individual activities can be exported so all is not lost but I am from a generation where I want things not only the easy way but I want them now. :)
    Unfortunately there is no UI mechanism to do this. You could try contacting the Garmin Connect support team to see if they can do anything for you, but I'd doubt it. Would make a really useful feature, though. This is why I always keep my activities in Garmin Training Centre. There's no overhead (other than storage) to do this, so it's worth it, for backup alone.

Have you checked your computer to see if the track-logs are still there (the one you used to upload the files to GC)? These are typically located on your computer in one of the following folders (depending on your operating system):
    C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\GARMIN\Devices\<devicenumber>\Garmin Connect\Pending Uploads
    and...
    C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\GARMIN\Devices\<devicenumber>\History

I have seen that individual activities can be exported so all is not lost but I am from a generation where I want things not only the easy way but I want them now. :)
    Unfortunately there is no UI mechanism to do this. You could try contacting the Garmin Connect support team to see if they can do anything for you, but I'd doubt it. Would make a really useful feature, though. This is why I always keep my activities in Garmin Training Centre. There's no overhead (other than storage) to do this, so it's worth it, for backup alone.

Have you checked your computer to see if the track-logs are still there (the one you used to upload the files to GC)? These are typically located on your computer in one of the following folders (depending on your operating system):
    C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\GARMIN\Devices\<devicenumber>\Garmin Connect\Pending Uploads
    and...
    C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\GARMIN\Devices\<devicenumber>\History

Thanks krusty. Will have a look for the files when I get home.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 477 ✭✭brutes1

Where would I get a Garmin 110 repair done in Galway ? Screen display blank, face cracked, dropped it. Bought it off expansys

brutes1 wrote: »
    Where would I get a Garmin 110 repair done in Galway ? Screen display blank, face cracked, dropped it. Bought it off expansys
    You have to send it back to Garmin UK. No-one else will have replacement parts/knowledge to do it. Link here. They'll charge you for something like that though, I'm afraid. May be uneconomical.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 PenguinsEgg

Re. Foxx92: Lost my Forerunner a couple of weeks ago (in the vicinity of Dangan, if anyone happened to find it!), so have a lonely 305 docking cradle. My loss may as well be your gain if you haven't ordered a new one already.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 477 ✭✭brutes1

@penguinsegg, Check in with the pavilion crew in office in sports centre in dangan may be handed in there...?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,832 ✭✭✭littlebug

aw hey:( is it just me or is moving pace gone from garmin connect. Was stopped a couple of times this morning for various reasons and didn't bother stopping the timer thinking that the moving pace thing would sort that out. Now I have to go and do some sums :mad:

littlebug wrote: »
    aw hey:( is it just me or is moving pace gone from garmin connect. Was stopped a couple of times this morning for various reasons and didn't bother stopping the timer thinking that the moving pace thing would sort that out. Now I have to go and do some sums :mad:
    Yep, it's gone for a week or so. I think they got rid of it, as sometimes it highlighted the fact that results aren't always accurate!

Yep, it's gone for a week or so. I think they got rid of it, as sometimes it highlighted the fact that results aren't always accurate!

True, it did seem to go overboard sometimes... moving pace lower than actual pace even if you hadn't stopped :rolleyes: so i suppose it made sense.
    I'm awful for forgetting to restart the timer if I've stopped it for any reason tho' so I'd got into a habit of not bothering and taking a pace somewhere between the two values... oh well ....

True, it did seem to go overboard sometimes... moving pace lower than actual pace even if you hadn't stopped :rolleyes: so i suppose it made sense.
    I'm awful for forgetting to restart the timer if I've stopped it for any reason tho' so I'd got into a habit of not bothering and taking a pace somewhere between the two values... oh well ....
    Does your watch support auto-pause?

Does your watch support auto-pause?

eh.. probably :o It's a 405. I'll have a look and see if I can set it :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭xebec

eh.. probably :o It's a 405. I'll have a look and see if I can set it :rolleyes:

405 definitely supports auto-pause, not a perfect solution but will help - just remember to turn it off while racing if you want an accurate finish time (pit stops won't be timed).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭Mr_Hat

I took a bit of a tumble yesterday and broke the metal clasp on my FR60. I need to get a replacement one and its proving a little difficult to source. The strap has also started to tear. The watch is less the then 15 months old. For the moment the watch is usable with the torn rubber strap. But not with out a clasp. Has anyone had a similar problem and been able to source replacement parts?

Something definitely up with my Forerunner 110. I charged it up for the past two nights in a row, didn't use it and when I went to use it the next morning, the battery was down to 1 bar with a "low battery" message appearing.

Email sent to Garmin support!

G-Money wrote: »
    Something definitely up with my Forerunner 110. I charged it up for the past two nights in a row, didn't use it and when I went to use it the next morning, the battery was down to 1 bar with a "low battery" message appearing.

Are you sure GPS isn't switched on/it's recording a workout?

Are you sure GPS isn't switched on?
    Is it recording a workout?

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭subscriber

Howde, can anyone tell me is it possible to set the speed units for bike mode on the 305 to km per hour rather than mph?

In the setting > general> data fields> biking > speed units it gives me the option between ;;(speed mph, kph) or (pace min/mile min/kph)'' but every time i come back to the main screen for biking mode where it displays the data fields it still displays in mph. urgghh...

I have also tried editing the data fields in bike mode settings but alas, no joy..

Any ideas gents??

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

From the main menu, select Settings - General - Units
    Change to kms there

Are you sure GPS isn't switched on?
    Is it recording a workout?

Nope, not recording a workout. Just displaying the time and date, I'm not using it any differently to how I would before - pressing stop at the end of the workout, resetting to save the data, using the menu button to go back to the normal time display.

Same thing happened this morning. Did a full charge last night, hit the button this morning to get it to pick up satellites, straight it was down to 1 bar and a low battery message.

Going to try a reset and a full charge to see if that helps. I've mailed Garmin support anyway so lets see what they say. The device seems to have the latest firmware too. There was no prompt yesterday to update when I connected it to Garmin Connect.

Nope, not recording a workout. Just displaying the time and date, I'm not using it any differently to how I would before - pressing stop at the end of the workout, resetting to save the data, using the menu button to go back to the normal time display.

Same thing happened this morning. Did a full charge last night, hit the button this morning to get it to pick up satellites, straight it was down to 1 bar and a low battery message.

Going to try a reset and a full charge to see if that helps. I've mailed Garmin support anyway so lets see what they say. The device seems to have the latest firmware too. There was no prompt yesterday to update when I connected it to Garmin Connect.

I did a full reset earlier and put it on the charger and it seems to be taking a lot longer to charge up this time. Hopefully that's a good sign!

It's still acting up. I noticed last night it was rebooting itself and this morning it started recording the distance and pace etc which was good but when I reset it after getting to the park, it lost the satellite signal and didn't get it back.

I'm giving up on this and will have to use the iMapMyRun app on the iPhone to track my distance etc. I had to revert to counting laps in my head, thankfully 4 laps of the park equals 1 mile so it's not too hard to remember.

• Advertisement

Due to popular demand, it's coming back...
    Thank you for all of the feedback regarding the recent removal of Moving Time from Garmin Connect. While the switch was done with the best intentions of clearing up confusion that we’d heard about from some customers, it’s very clear that the information provided by this data was very valuable to many of you. We appreciate all of the responses we’ve received, and we’ll be reinstating Moving Time in the next update that will roll out the first week of April. Moving Time data will again be viewable in your previous activities as well as those you’ve done since the recent change. We apologize for any additional confusion or frustration that these changes may have caused, as our goal was just the opposite. Thank you again for the valuable feedback!

Advertisement