Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garmin Megathread-Ask your questions here-See post 1 on how to search thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭7mile

Hi folks. Looking for some feedback if you don't mind. My Garmin 305 keeps switching off even when fully charged. I have a feeling the battery is fecked. If it is that do you know if you can have it changed anywhere or do i need a new watch. I have the watch about 4 years.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭bart simpson

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭7mile

I tried that didn't make any difference. Might have to give garmin themselves a shout. Thanks for your help anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭TJC

Hi lads / Krusty.

Just wondering if anyone can help me.
    Trying to send workouts (advanced workoouts..i think) from garmin connect/ant agent to my watch (405).
    Have tried to send, and also tried to get watch to receive....just seems to be connecting forever with nothing happening..

Any advice much appreciated..

• Registered Users Posts: 19,496 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

TJC wrote: »
    Hi lads / Krusty.

Just wondering if anyone can help me.
    Trying to send workouts (advanced workoouts..i think) from garmin connect/ant agent to my watch (405).
    Have tried to send, and also tried to get watch to receive....just seems to be connecting forever with nothing happening..

Any advice much appreciated..
    So do uploads work in the other direction? Could you try uploading from Garmin Training Centre to the watch instead? Also might be worth trying a different browser, if you have one installed.

• Advertisement

D'oh... was sending to my old garmin!! Gob****e.
    Thanks for speedy reply Krusty.

Is it only possible to have one advanced workout saved on watch at time??
    Have never used this setting before...

Cheers

TJC wrote: »
    Is it only possible to have one advanced workout saved on watch at time??Have never used this setting before...
    That's a Garmin Connect limitation. You can send around 20, if using Garmin Training Centre, but Connect seems to upload only a single workout and erases all the rest.

That's a Garmin Connect limitation. You can send around 20, if using Garmin Training Centre, but Connect seems to upload only a single workout and erases all the rest.

Rite...
    Excuse my ignorance, but how do i get to the training centre. cant seem to find it.. do i download that separately??

Yep, it's a windows-based application. You can grab it here.

Great stuff Krusty..Really appreciate your help.. If only u charged for your services :)!!

Thanks a mill.
    Think i've got it working

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭BobMac104

How often do you lads wipe the memory on your watches. Mine seems to be reacting a bit slower these days and i reckon it maybe due to the fact that ive never wiped it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭huskerdu

BobMac104 wrote: »
    How often do you lads wipe the memory on your watches. Mine seems to be reacting a bit slower these days and i reckon it maybe due to the fact that ive never wiped it?

I find that garmin connect hangs my browser regularly when I try download.

This does not happen if I keep the number of runs on the watch low, so I delete everything except the last month, every week.

What kind of watch do you have? I typically transfer my activity to both Garmin Connect and Garmin Training Centre (for backup) and then have the ANT agent remove it from the watch. That keeps the watch nice and clean. Not much point in keeping a backlog of activities on the watch after transferring them, unless you have a fondness for reminiscing about your training in the pub, while wearing your watch. :confused:

Can't see how having a large number of activities would slow down the watch though. I don't think these two variables are related.

Can't see how having a large number of activities would slow down the watch though. I don't think these two variables are related.

I agree, but I find it really slows down the transfer to garmin connect, which is more understandable. I wonder if this is what he means ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭BobMac104

Its a 305 sorry. I never hook it up to the computer. I write down the main bits in a log and thats it. I should really start hooking it up. I'll wipe it tonight and see how it goes. Its not very slow like just a bit sluggish compared to when it was new (last september)

Thanks guys

Its a 305 sorry. I never hook it up to the computer. I write down the main bits in a log and thats it. I should really start hooking it up. I'll wipe it tonight and see how it goes. Its not very slow like just a bit sluggish compared to when it was new (last september)

Thanks guys

Can you explain what features or functions have slowed down.

Apart from finding the satellites, and downloading, all features on my 305 work in real time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭pgibbo

I recently got a 910xt. It uses the USB key to transfer data to GC via ANT+ (similar to the 310 and 405 I believe). I previously had a 305 and it was good in that you could access it directly as a drive to pull files.

There's a swim workout on my 910xt that won't transfer to GC for some reason. i can see it on the watch and review the splits, etc but it just doesn;t transfer even when you do a transfer all. Any thoughts or ideas?

I'm assuming people with 310 or 405 devices may have had similar experiences.

Thanks in advance.

pgibbo wrote: »
    I recently got a 910xt. It uses the USB key to transfer data to GC via ANT+ (similar to the 310 and 405 I believe). I previously had a 305 and it was good in that you could access it directly as a drive to pull files.

There's a swim workout on my 910xt that won't transfer to GC for some reason. i can see it on the watch and review the splits, etc but it just doesn;t transfer even when you do a transfer all. Any thoughts or ideas?
    Are other activities transferring ok?
    Do you have training centre installed? Did it get uploaded there?
    Was the activity uploaded to your computer?

Are other activities transferring ok?
    Do you have training centre installed? Did it get uploaded there?
    Was the activity uploaded to your computer?

Cheers KC. All other activities have transferred fine. Training Centre doesn't seem to accept any of the swim sessions. Looks like only GC does swim data from what I can see. All my runs transferred to training center but no swims. Everything except one swim transferred to GC. Where would the activities get uploaded to on my computer?

pgibbo wrote: »
    Cheers KC. All other activities have transferred fine. Training Centre doesn't seem to accept any of the swim sessions. Looks like only GC does swim data from what I can see. All my runs transferred to training center but no swims. Everything except one swim transferred to GC. Where would the activities get uploaded to on my computer?
    Hi pgibbo, they typically get copied to the following two locations:
    C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\GARMIN\Devices\<devicenumber>\Garmin Connect\Pending Uploads
    and...
    C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\GARMIN\Devices\<devicenumber>\History

Filenames relate to the date/time stamp of the activity. If it's there, you can try a manual upload. If it's not, my guess would be that the activity may have become corrupted.

How are you finding the 910xt? I'm finding mine to be an excellent upgrade from the 405, however, I'm finding lots of little buggies. I've had to reset a number of times over the last two weeks.

• Advertisement

Hi pgibbo, they typically get copied to the following two locations:
    C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\GARMIN\Devices\<devicenumber>\Garmin Connect\Pending Uploads
    and...
    C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\GARMIN\Devices\<devicenumber>\History

Filenames relate to the date/time stamp of the activity. If it's there, you can try a manual upload. If it's not, my guess would be that the activity may have become corrupted.

How are you finding the 910xt? I'm finding mine to be an excellent upgrade from the 405, however, I'm finding lots of little buggies. I've had to reset a number of times over the last two weeks.

Cool. I'll check the PC tonight when I get home.

I love the 910xt. It's a lot more comfortable on the wrist than the 305. It's great for the pool. I thought it would be quicker picking up satellites though. I've only had it freeze once on me and that was the problematic swim as it happens. :D

I'll let you know how I get on with trying to find the files. Thanks again.

Found the files on the PC KC. Cheers. Looks like I have a corrupt FIT file. Unlike a TCX file it's not in XML format. DO you know how I can view and edit it? I tried http://www.fitfilerepairtool.info/ but it seems to only work with the Edge 500. Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭Domer

Tried searching for 405 cadence, but got nothing.

Anyway, just fitted a bike sensor to my bike, and went for my first cycle. The speedometer is working great. it self calibrated and I got speed etc from it. The problem is the Cadence counter does not seem to be working. I have followed the instructions as per the manual, and it wont work. Anybody else have this problem, and how did you fix it? Is there some setting on the watch that I need to change?

Attached is a view of how i have it set up, looking from above.

Thanks,
    Domer

Domer wrote: »
    Tried searching for 405 cadence, but got nothing.

Anyway, just fitted a bike sensor to my bike, and went for my first cycle. The speedometer is working great. it self calibrated and I got speed etc from it. The problem is the Cadence counter does not seem to be working. I have followed the instructions as per the manual, and it wont work. Anybody else have this problem, and how did you fix it? Is there some setting on the watch that I need to change?

Attached is a view of how i have it set up, looking from above.

Thanks,
    Domer
    Did you pair the cadence sensor with the watch?

I cna only see option to enable the bike sensor, and I did that. I cant find a cadence sensor pairing option. Is there one?

I cna only see option to enable the bike sensor, and I did that. I cant find a cadence sensor pairing option. Is there one?
    It's one and the same, right? When you say you are getting speed from it, are you using your bike indoors on a trainer, or using GPS outside? How do you know your watch is connected to the bike sensor?

Do you have a data field showing on the watch for cadence?

It's one and the same, right? When you say you are getting speed from it, are you using your bike indoors on a trainer, or using GPS outside? How do you know your watch is connected to the bike sensor?

Do you have a data field showing on the watch for cadence?

I just put my bike on the indoor turbo, and the speed sensor is definitely working and not using the GPS, so it is paired with the watch. It is just the cadence that isn't working. I have selected the cadence field on the watch, but it just stays blank

Just got a magnet from the fridge, and moved it infront of the sensor, and the watch picked it up as cadence. I guess it is just a matter of moving the provided magnet to get it closer to the monitor... although it is about 5mm at the moment. Will see how that works. Thanks for your input KC.

Just got a magnet from the fridge, and moved it infront of the sensor, and the watch picked it up as cadence. I guess it is just a matter of moving the provided magnet to get it closer to the monitor... although it is about 5mm at the moment. Will see how that works. Thanks for your input KC.
    Haha. For what it was worth! Glad you got it solved.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Foxx92

Seemed to have lost my docking thing for my 405... Anybody know where i could get one?

Advertisement