Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garmin Megathread-Ask your questions here-See post 1 on how to search thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭denis b

Gael23 wrote: »
    Would a 220 be wasted on a beginner? I'm thinking I should get a good one now rather than get say a 15 and then want to upgrade after a while.

I waited for several months before getting a 220 but when I did get one it was a great boost, and interest, to see the session broken down in front of you after your run. This has helped.

Would be reasonably easy to shift the 220 afterwards, if you have to.

Enjoy the running :D

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭Colostomy Bag

Looking for some help / explanation. My Garmin 620 seems to have decided that I was cycling today instead of running. I do not recall changing anything, but noticed during the run that all the stats were different. It's now saying cycle when I upload it - first of all, how do I change this back to a run and second of all how did it happen and third of all how do I change the watch back to runs and not cycles. I never cycle.

thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭28064212

Looking for some help / explanation. My Garmin 620 seems to have decided that I was cycling today instead of running. I do not recall changing anything, but noticed during the run that all the stats were different. It's now saying cycle when I upload it - first of all, how do I change this back to a run and second of all how did it happen and third of all how do I change the watch back to runs and not cycles. I never cycle.

thanks.
    1. There's an edit button on the top right (the pencil) if you open the activity in Garmin Connect (assuming you're using the "Modern" UI). Select "Cycling" in the top-left, and it will give you a drop-down
    2. You (or someone with access to the watch) changed it
    3. (On the watch) Settings => Activity Profiles => Run => Apply Profile

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, dark mode, and more). Now available through your browser's extension store.

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/boardsie-enhancement-suite/

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

OK got it thanks. One more question. The splits still look bizarre. Normally I have 1km splits, but this has 2 massive splits, one of 24m36 and the other of 11m16 - is this something to do with it being 'recorded' as a cycle? Any way of getting it to show km splits?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,502 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

OK got it thanks. One more question. The splits still look bizarre. Normally I have 1km splits, but this has 2 massive splits, one of 24m36 and the other of 11m16 - is this something to do with it being 'recorded' as a cycle? Any way of getting it to show km splits?
    It has probably recorded splits based on the split distance configured on the watch for cycling (e.g. 5km). Unfortunately you can't manufacture splits at this stage, but if you look at the activity in Strava, it will give you km or mile splits, depending on your configured units.

• Advertisement

looking to get back to the old dashboard on garmin - it now seems inaccessible no matter what you do - has it been discontinued?

Also, in the new version - how do I put specific dates for a year to see how distance compares from this to last year. I don't see that option anywhere, whereas it was quite straightforard on the old interface. thanks.

Also, in the new version - how do I put specific dates for a year to see how distance compares from this to last year. I don't see that option anywhere, whereas it was quite straightforard on the old interface. thanks.
    If you go to [Reports][Progress Summary] it still brings up the classic reports interface. But for how long?
    https://connect.garmin.com/modern/reports

• Registered Users Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭opus

looking to get back to the old dashboard on garmin - it now seems inaccessible no matter what you do - has it been discontinued?

Yeah I was trying that myself recently but couldn't find it anywhere, guessing they've killed it off :(

Thanks Krusty, so you answered both questions - the old interphase is now inaccessible?

• Advertisement

Thanks Krusty, so you answered both questions - the old interphase is now inaccessible?
    No idea I'm afraid. There is some stuff in the classic reports which is unique, so hopefully they'll add/integrate that functionality before they remove access to it..... Hopefully....

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,087 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Is anyone else having trouble with the Live Tracking feature through the Garmin app on the phone?

I'd send links to the other half before heading off on longer runs so that they can see where I've got to and when I'm due back. Last couple of times though the link is just giving an error website saying "This tracking session was canceled or does not exist.".

Any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭RunDMC

I've had mixed results with Live Tracking, both on the Edge 810 and Forerunner 620. It has become much more stable on the Edge device, where I can sometimes have a 3+ hour ride with no dropouts, but the Forerunner is still a bit hit and miss. The problem I have most often is that the Forerunner will lose the Bluetooth connection to the phone for a few seconds, which causes the LiveTrack to end. As always with these devices, make sure you have the latest updates to firmware and software.

R

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭TheBigGreen

Hi, Anyone having issues with syncing their FR620 to Garmin Connect iPhone app?

I disconnected it from GC and tried to pair it again (it sees the keycode) but getting it error -

FF2E6BAD-3436-412E-BDF1-69FE4945BE8E_zps8cfdflcd.png

It was syncing fine until Friday.

Any help would be appreciated.

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Arsenium

Getting exactly the same problem with my 220. Cant connect to the phone for the last week or so. It was working fine till then.

Arsenium wrote: »
    Getting exactly the same problem with my 220. Cant connect to the phone for the last week or so. It was working fine till then.

Would it have to do with the latest iOS update?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,811 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

Hey all

Can you see yearly miles to date on the Connect app on android. It seems a very basic app.
    When I go into calendar it shows no option to view monthly or year to date mile totals.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Arsenium

Would it have to do with the latest iOS update?

I should have pointed out that I am on Android actually. So it looks more like a Garmin issue. I'll try connecting the watch directly to the laptop tonight and see if I can sync it up that way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Hey all

Can you see yearly miles to date on the Connect app on android. It seems a very basic app.
    When I go into calendar it shows no option to view monthly or year to date mile totals.

Thanks

It shows you weekly, 4 weekly and annual totals in Activity Stats from the menu on the left, as well as your various records.

Miles to date is device dependent though I think, so that will appear within the watch itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,811 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

ThisRegard wrote: »
    It shows you weekly, 4 weekly and annual totals in Activity Stats from the menu on the left, as well as your various records.

Miles to date is device dependent though I think, so that will appear within the watch itself.

Thanks but it doesn't show year to date stats, just the last 12 months. I probably need to play around with it more.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

No, just those periods I mentioned. Your watch and I think the web based version will show you the year to date.

There was an update for the Garmin Connect app, it's syncing again! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 819 ✭✭✭sixpack's little hat

Anyone have any suggestions for heart rate not showing in activities on the Forerunner 235?

No heart rate data shows up in the data fields when I select a run(or cycle) activity. The heart rate shows as normal when i push down to go to the heart rate screen from the initial clock screen.

It had been working for about 3 months previously but not for the last week.

I've tried resetting the device by holding down the power button for 15 seconds and reseting to factory defaults but neither of these resolved it.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭yknaa

I have an old heart rate monitor from my 110 days.
    I've since upgraded to a 220 and wonder if the old monitor would be compatible. The battery is long gone so would like to know before I buy a replacement. Many thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭Omeceron

My Garmin 610 uses current pace for custom workouts when there is a target pace set.

Is there anyway to change this to lap pace?

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭kittyclaws

I'm just wondering if anyone can advise a complete technophobe!
    My Garmin HRM was stolen in the gym - I'm training for DCM so I need a new one asap - I cant afford a 'proper' Garmin HRM again, will this pair with my Garmin Vivoactive?
    http://www.ebay.ie/itm/2-4G-Sports-Wireless-Heart-Rate-Monitor-ANT-Smart-Sensor-Chest-Strap-Belt-B-A2E1-/162000945828?hash=item25b80242a4:g:n8sAAOSwxp9W3qbE&clk_rvr_id=1049072399905&rmvSB=true

Thank you in advance, I'm useless at this! :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,109 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

I'd imagine so but it may be worthwhile sending the seller an email to be sure.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,315 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

I've a Forerunner 305. I've never delved into fiddling with the settings all that much. I'm trying to figure out the pace aspect, to link in with how I'm doing as a DCM novice. Hooking it up to the PC easy and I can find the stats there. Grand.

But specifically when I'm out and about, it shows the pace. What's it basing this on - how I'm moving at a particularly moment, an average, an average of the last mile? It mustn't be the latter as it shows something only a few seconds after I've turned it on. I don't actually look at it much when running.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,968 ✭✭✭aquinn

Using it while on the run….

Like most running watches (GPS or foot pod), it will give you pace as you go along. If you’re in ‘run’ mode, it will show it to you in minutes per mile (or KM per mile), if you’re in bike mode it will show it to you in MPH. These are all changeable and switchable to metric. When in operation, the watch gets divided in up to four quadrants to display information (depending on how you configure it). I typically run with pace, heart rate (HR), distance and lap time.
    Garmin 305 on wrist

The pace is generally pretty accurate, though you’ll see slight variations as you run along – no worries though, it all evens out in the software. I generally don’t have any issues in normal trees and shorter buildings, though sometimes if I run right alongside taller buildings it will temporarily drop the connection. But if it does temporarily ‘lose you’, it will recalculate your pace/distance based on last known location. Meaning if you’re traveling in a straight line (like a street) and you lose signal – it figures out where you most likely went and interpolates. You generally don’t notice this on the watch itself unless your constantly looking at it – and again the software later on simply does math between the two points.

Or:

http://www.dcrainmaker.com/2007/11/review-of-garmin-forerunner-305.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

yknaa wrote: »
    I have an old heart rate monitor from my 110 days.
    I've since upgraded to a 220 and wonder if the old monitor would be compatible. The battery is long gone so would like to know before I buy a replacement. Many thanks

Yes it will . I have used my 110 strap with my 220.

Advertisement