Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garmin Megathread-Ask your questions here-See post 1 on how to search thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Ososlo

sconhome wrote: »
    Are you uptodate on the software and is the run still showing on the watch history?

The hard reset seems to have done the job. No issues today on long run.

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭Colostomy Bag

Got a Forerunner 620 for Christmas - had a 410 for the past 4 years which I was reasonably happy with apart from when it rained and the watch would start beeping through long runs. Anyways, I have to say I am not clear on how the uploading process works with this new watch. I can link it via usb to the laptop and nothing happens. I have downloaded Garmin Express, I don't see any indication as to how I upload my runs. On Garmin connect if you press on the 'Upload' button, it just brings you to a page that says 'We've redesigned Connect and improved activity uploads' then more spiel "Our new upload process requires Garmin Express or Garmin Connect Mobile. These applications sync your activities whenever your device is connected." - I have both installed, nothing happens. I connected the watch to my home wi-fi, now it can't find any network, nothing happens. So, basically I am at a total loss how to upload runs. This is extremely frustrating. All the watch does is charge when I plug it in. I've looked up the manuals - there is little or no information about troubleshooting ****ing uploads. What should I do?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,492 ✭✭✭✭28064212

Launch Garmin Express.
    Connect the watch via USB.
    Runs should start uploading automatically, or you can click on your watch and click "Sync".

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, dark mode, and more). Now available through your browser's extension store.

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/boardsie-enhancement-suite/

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭Colostomy Bag

Thanks - how do I find the sync function on the watch?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,492 ✭✭✭✭28064212

Thanks - how do I find the sync function on the watch?
    The sync button is on Garmin Express:

374721.png

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, dark mode, and more). Now available through your browser's extension store.

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/boardsie-enhancement-suite/

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭Killerz

Good evening. My Garmin 620 is frozen on the 'Garmin' screen which appears just after turning it on. I can turn it off again, and have tried all the reset options that I have come across in manuals. I've tried letting the battery run out, charge it up, but cant tell when it is full. I've tried connecting it to the computer but it isnt recognising it on Garmin Express. I've explained all this to Garmin Support but they've just told me the following:

To soft reset the Forerunner 620:

Connect device to a computer via charging clip
    Press and hold POWER/LIGHT button for 20 seconds or until device powers off
    Press POWER/LIGHT to power unit back on
    Charge battery to 100%
    Update device's software with Garmin Express
    Your Forerunner will now function as intended.

Problem is - I dont know if it is charging so cant tell when/ if it gets to 100% and also cant update the software as computer isnt recognising it. I've gone back to Garmin Support to tell them this but they are ignoring me. Any ideas?

Product is about 14 months old and was working perfectly.

Thanks a mil.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭opus

Maybe worth trying the 'master reset' - See info here.

Took the above from the 620 Useful Links on the 620 forum.

opus wrote: »
    Maybe worth trying the 'master reset' - See info here.

Took the above from the 620 Useful Links on the 620 forum.

Thanks Opus, I've tried that already. Garmin got back to me to say they reckon I'll have to send it back to them :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,968 ✭✭✭aquinn

Hmmn, I've a 220 since last July. I put my second workout on it this morning and it is still updating from 11:05. Not normal I take it. There is only one other workout on it. Any thoughts as to this delay? Watch is great but sometimes it wipes out and you see the Garmin logo and will then bounce back but this is rare. If the history was full it would tell me?

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭Feenix

Anyone have any idea how i fix the date on the Garmin 235?
    Got it as a gift for Xmas, not quite seeing the value so far.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 2,968 ✭✭✭aquinn

Feenix wrote: »

It should lock in with satellite and set itself. Otherwise check settings and manually adjust.

aquinn wrote: »
    It should lock in with satellite and set itself. Otherwise check settings and manually adjust.
    Its supposed to do that but it didnt so I manually set the time myself, but theres no option to set the correct date.

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭Coffee Fulled Runner

Anyone using a 310xt? I was uploading my runs when the battery in my lap top went dead. It only uploaded my first run, I can view my other runs on the watch itself but can't seem to get them to upload? Is it possible to upload these two rns again? I tried to sync it a couple of times but didn't work :(

Anyone using a 310xt? I was uploading my runs when the battery in my lap top went dead. It only uploaded my first run, I can view my other runs on the watch itself but can't seem to get them to upload? Is it possible to upload these two rns again? I tried to sync it a couple of times but didn't work :(

The files are probably on the laptop somewhere assuming the it died while uploading to GC rather than while it was uploading from the 310xt. I can't remember the location but if you can track them down then you manually upload them via the website. Will check where they live over the w/end if you don't find them beforehand.

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭Coffee Fulled Runner

Thanks opus :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭gucci

Anyone having any sync issues with the 220? Mine seems to be not wanting to connect/sync?
    Plug it in and laptop recognises it, try to force sync (by selecting the button on garmin express) but it just keeps the sync symbols spinning and spinning.
    It used to sync in seconds? I tried the old delete a few workouts trick and nothing seems to be working? Its been like this since 16/02 now....

*edit* sorted now, turns out the app on the computer needed an update.

Thanks opus :)

No worries, looks like they live in
    Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\Garmin\Devices\XXXXXXXXX\Activities

where XXXXXXXX is whatever the serial number of your 310xt is.

Killerz wrote: »
    Good evening. My Garmin 620 is frozen on the 'Garmin' screen which appears just after turning it on. I can turn it off again, and have tried all the reset options that I have come across in manuals. I've tried letting the battery run out, charge it up, but cant tell when it is full. I've tried connecting it to the computer but it isnt recognising it on Garmin Express. I've explained all this to Garmin Support but they've just told me the following:

To soft reset the Forerunner 620:

Connect device to a computer via charging clip
    Press and hold POWER/LIGHT button for 20 seconds or until device powers off
    Press POWER/LIGHT to power unit back on
    Charge battery to 100%
    Update device's software with Garmin Express
    Your Forerunner will now function as intended.

Problem is - I dont know if it is charging so cant tell when/ if it gets to 100% and also cant update the software as computer isnt recognising it. I've gone back to Garmin Support to tell them this but they are ignoring me. Any ideas?

Product is about 14 months old and was working perfectly.

Thanks a mil.

Hats off to Garmin, they sent me a replacement fairly sharpish.

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Arsenium

gucci wrote: »
    Anyone having any sync issues with the 220? Mine seems to be not wanting to connect/sync?
    Plug it in and laptop recognises it, try to force sync (by selecting the button on garmin express) but it just keeps the sync symbols spinning and spinning.
    It used to sync in seconds? I tried the old delete a few workouts trick and nothing seems to be working? Its been like this since 16/02 now....

*edit* sorted now, turns out the app on the computer needed an update.

Hmm. I must try that. I have never ever been able to sync my 220 with the laptop / Garmin Express. After a run I sync it with my phone via bluetooth and this automatically updates GC.

However I have been able to download workouts from Garmin Express to the watch which is strange. No big deal for me though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Battery Kinzie

Whats the market like for selling on Garmins? I'm thinking of upgrading my forerunner 10 and wouldn't mine €50 for it if it was going considering it's quite new.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭lmguillou

HI everyone,

Just checking if anyone experience inaccuracy with their Garmin GPS data in the past few weeks ( I own the forerunner 220). Each time I load my activity, even though I start my runs and finish at the same point, it shows on the map that I started 400 or 500 m further. I believe it also makes my run much shorter ( the pace on the first km/ lap seems very slow...). It was working fine for the first year this issue only appeared few weeks ago. May be a coincidence but few weeks ago I used the watch for the first time with the GPS off on the treadmill. I don't think it is related as I checked last night the GPS was on before I started my run...

If anyone knows how to resolve this of if it is a GPS issue that many of you experience as well please let me know.

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Thinking of buying a FR220. Are these worth it? I was set on a FR15 but for not a huge amount extra I can upgrade to a 220.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭MonkstownHoop

Gael23 wrote: »
    Thinking of buying a FR220. Are these worth it? I was set on a FR15 but for not a huge amount extra I can upgrade to a 220.

I have one and think it's great

• Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭Bahanaman

I have the old 405cx. Working grand but thinking of upgrading. Is it worth my while going up to the 220?

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭lmguillou

Bahanaman wrote: »
    I have the old 405cx. Working grand but thinking of upgrading. Is it worth my while going up to the 220?

I got the 220 in December 2014 ( I previously owned the huge 205). I am very happy with it as it gives me all I need and it is very accurate, easy to use. The only things I miss but I can cope with it, is that I cannot use it for cycling, only running and the number of screens is limited compared to my previous watch. I definitely recommend it anyway

My 220 didn't sync with runkeeper and strava today via the connect app with Bluetooth, any way to resend it at all?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,356 ✭✭✭jaggiebunnet

My 220 didn't sync with runkeeper and strava today via the connect app with Bluetooth, any way to resend it at all?

Export it from connect - check the date on the activity - happened to me last week with my 225 - turned out the date on the activity had been stored as 3/3 when I uploaded (and ran) on 1/3 seems to have been a glitch as it is working fine again, perhaps due to leap year!

Export it from connect - check the date on the activity - happened to me last week with my 225 - turned out the date on the activity had been stored as 3/3 when I uploaded (and ran) on 1/3 seems to have been a glitch as it is working fine again, perhaps due to leap year!

It fixed itself during the night apparently, by the upload to Facebook I was out running during the night

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,089 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

Would a 220 be wasted on a beginner? I'm thinking I should get a good one now rather than get say a 15 and then want to upgrade after a while.

Advertisement