Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garmin Megathread-Ask your questions here-See post 1 on how to search thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭davedanon

'vitamin c', eh?

riiight.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,492 ✭✭✭✭28064212

The rice thing is a bit of a myth. Air-drying is just as (if not more) effective. The important thing is that it's turned fully off (not just standby) as soon as possible, and not powered on for at least a day

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, dark mode, and more). Now available through your browser's extension store.

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/boardsie-enhancement-suite/

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Yeah, I've never used rice, just found that simply taking things apart as much as possible and sticking it in the hot press will do the job, from experience with laptops that I shared drink with, and phones I took baths with.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,497 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

davedanon wrote: »
    'vitamin c', eh?

riiight.
    If your hemorrhoid medication comes with desiccants, you can use those too. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭davedanon

If your hemorrhoid medication comes with desiccants, you can use those too. ;)

If? Surely you would be well aware...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

Right, I've been given a 2nd hand 305 Forerunner watch.

Just the watch.

And its dead.

What do I need and or should I do with it?

I've never had a Garmin before so, a bit clueless.

connundrum wrote: »
    Right, I've been given a 2nd hand 305 Forerunner watch.

Just the watch.

And its dead.

What do I need and or should I do with it?

I've never had a Garmin before so, a bit clueless.
    You need a charger

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, dark mode, and more). Now available through your browser's extension store.

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

• Registered Users Posts: 8,080 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

For those with Garmins that use Connect IQ Snow Globe

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭KielyUnusual

I've had the 620 for some while now and had no real issues up until the last month. Now, on I'd say 50% of my runs, the GPS will go temporarily haywire and think I have shot off in some random direction at 3 min/mile and then back again. This is screwing up the distance and overall pace on a lot of my runs.

I've tried absolutely nothing and I'm all out of ideas :D. Anybody have any similar experience to this and resolved it before I go start factory resetting or other measures. All firmware and everything is up to date.

Untitled_zpskxbuievj.png

• Registered Users Posts: 19,497 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

Damnit. I was previously suitably impressed.. Now? Not so much.

I'd go with a hard reset. It's not a big deal. Just make sure you've transferred over any runs you want to keep.
    To perform the master reset:
    Power off watch (press and hold Light, Yes on prompt)† (upper left corner)
    Press and hold Start/Stop (upper right corner) and Lap/Reset (lower left corner)
    Press and hold Light (three buttons should now be pressed in) --> shows garmin logo
    After first beep, release Start/Stop --> I waited for 2 minutes, not even a beep.
    After second beep, release Lap/Reset
    Release Light

• Advertisement

Same watch, and I find it works better when it's storage isn't full. It's supposed to delete older runs as newer ones are added (and it does), but once there are about 15-20 runs in the storage, I find the number of GPS glitches increase. So I clear out the watch every couple of weeks, and the glitches go away (mostly). To clear them, just connect it to a PC, open the watch storage (as if it was a USB drive), go into the "ACTIVITY" folder, and delete the files in there (obviously, after you've made sure they've been added to Garmin Connect first).

There's also a setting on the watch itself to auto-delete activities after upload, but I'm a bit paranoid about potentially losing runs, so I don't use that option

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭KielyUnusual

Damnit. I was previously suitably impressed.. Now? Not so much.

I'd go with a hard reset. It's not a big deal. Just make sure you've transferred over any runs you want to keep.
    To perform the master reset:
    Power off watch (press and hold Light, Yes on prompt)† (upper left corner)
    Press and hold Start/Stop (upper right corner) and Lap/Reset (lower left corner)
    Press and hold Light (three buttons should now be pressed in) --> shows garmin logo
    After first beep, release Start/Stop --> I waited for 2 minutes, not even a beep.
    After second beep, release Lap/Reset
    Release Light
    28064212 wrote: »
    Same watch, and I find it works better when it's storage isn't full. It's supposed to delete older runs as newer ones are added (and it does), but once there are about 15-20 runs in the storage, I find the number of GPS glitches increase. So I clear out the watch every couple of weeks, and the glitches go away (mostly). To clear them, just connect it to a PC, open the watch storage (as if it was a USB drive), go into the "ACTIVITY" folder, and delete the files in there (obviously, after you've made sure they've been added to Garmin Connect first).

There's also a setting on the watch itself to auto-delete activities after upload, but I'm a bit paranoid about potentially losing runs, so I don't use that option

Thanks, I was thinking that it being full might be an issue so I'll try that. Had been tempted by the auto delete function but again thought it was a bit if a risk with no real gain. Might throw it on for a while now and see how it goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭SausageDogDave

Anyone have experience using their devices with Linux? I'm thinking of moving to Mint or Ubuntu and just want to make sure I'd still be able to do wireless transfers using a USB Ant stick. I've got a FR410 at the moment though I might upgrade in the new year. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭tkd93

Anyone know where a can pick up A forerunner 220 in dublin city tomorrow?

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭Daisy03

Anyone having issues syncing to Garmin Connect? I have a forerunner 220. Only got it a month ago but it won't sync over the past week.

I've had no issues over the last few days using 2 different watches, most recently this afternoon. Are you doing it wired or wirelessly?

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭Daisy03

It was through wifi that i was trying to sync it. It finally worked today. While my phone was registering the watch, the app wasn't registering the phone and I paired it again.

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭FIFA2004

Anybody any ideas on this one?
    Have a forerunner 220, have it connected to runkeeper through garmin connect. My runs are uploading via Bluetooth no problem, but when they go to runkeeper a km or two of each run is getting lost in cyber space. Any ideas? My milage is low enough without losing some!

Do you have a Strava account to see if they're getting lost when migrated there also?

• Registered Users Posts: 437 ✭✭FIFA2004

ThisRegard wrote: »
    Do you have a Strava account to see if they're getting lost when migrated there also?

I had one but haven't been using it, Ill give it a go tomorrow when I run and see what happens

Edit: re-downloaded strava and my recents runs are all there, fully intact!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭yknaa

I've a forerunner 220 but no iphone. Is it possible to upload runs via bluetooth usings a blackberry? I haven't been able to find an answer online.

Don't know what Blackberry you have but it is possible on some of them anyway, https://forums.garmin.com/showthread.php?149482-Garmin-Connect-Mobile-BlackBerry-10

Or google "garmin connect blackberry" which will bring you to a few results.

yknaa wrote: »
    I've a forerunner 220 but no iphone. Is it possible to upload runs via bluetooth usings a blackberry? I haven't been able to find an answer online.

Can you sideload Google Play

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭yknaa

BeepBeep67 wrote: »
    Can you sideload Google Play

Must investigate. Thanks. Using a BB Q10.

Garmin Connect App now available for Windows Phone, but only if you are on WP10.
    Can confirm it works with Windows 10 OS also, downloaded it on my tablet last night and set up my device via bluetooth.
    Easily synced this evening for an upload.

23608634364_219a13e0a1_c.jpg
    23941287600_e3a666cfb5_c.jpg
    24210771656_d106452823_c.jpg
    24210771646_916af6f9cd_c.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,190 ✭✭✭PaulieC

Is it a universal app ?

PaulieC wrote: »
    Is it a universal app ?

I believe so, but I'm not on WP10 to confirm that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Ososlo

Never thought I'd end up here:( but here we go...

Anyone own a 310 that freezes all the time during a run? Then the run won't upload to Garmin Express. The watch freezes when running and none of the buttons will work.
    I did a soft reset during the run and it brought it back to life again but the run wouldn't upload afterwards.
    I did a hard reset tonight so should that ensure it won't happen tomorrow during my run?
    thanks

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

I had a 310 for years - regularly had problems transferring workouts, freezing etc. Never had problems freezing during a run. Contact Garmin about that - shouldn't be happening. Best of luck contacting Garmin though, their customer service is the worst I've encountered.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

Ososlo wrote: »
    Never thought I'd end up here:( but here we go...

Anyone own a 310 that freezes all the time during a run? Then the run won't upload to Garmin Express. The watch freezes when running and none of the buttons will work.
    I did a soft reset during the run and it brought it back to life again but the run wouldn't upload afterwards.
    I did a hard reset tonight so should that ensure it won't happen tomorrow during my run?
    thanks

Are you uptodate on the software and is the run still showing on the watch history?

Advertisement