Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need a job ??

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭munstergirl

Debenhams are looking for sales assistants + stockroom staff for xmas, sign outside door.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

These are good jobs.

http://www.jobs.ie/ApplyForJob.aspx?Id=1060632

€10.60 an hour more or less. You get a van for a few weeks over the Christmas which can be handy as well.

If you work hard Contract people might find you a job on another contract. They usually deal with the big companies as well like Kellogs, Cadburys, Nestle etc etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

Berty wrote: »
    These are good jobs.

€10.60 an hour more or less. You get a van for a few weeks over the Christmas which can be handy as well.

If you work hard Contract people might find you a job on another contract. They usually deal with the big companies as well like Kellogs, Cadburys, Nestle etc etc.

had a look at these, says you need class 3 commercial insurance whats that?

kilburn wrote: »
    had a look at these, says you need class 3 commercial insurance whats that?

I dont see that written anywhere. :confused:

They also say a Degree in business is a requirment which can be overlooked. Frankly to drive a vanette and stack shelves does not need a Degree. I would say they are trying to put off certain people because they want great people to go forward to their "blue chip" companies.

Sorry Berty, I was looking at CPM.

I stuck a Cv in anyway. Cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭jbkenn

These are good jobs.

Are they taking the piss???,

Requirements:
    A degree, ideally in business
    A full clean drivers licence
    Some merchandising experience (field based or retail)
    They don't want much do they?

Package:
    Weekly salary: €384.61 per week
    Lunch Allowance: €40 per week

€384.61 per week / 39 hours = €9.86 per hour, thats €1.50 per hour less than ALDI pay sales assistants, disgraceful.

jbkenn

jbkenn wrote: »
    Are they taking the piss???,

Requirements:
    A degree, ideally in business
    A full clean drivers licence
    Some merchandising experience (field based or retail)
    They don't want much do they?

Package:
    Weekly salary: €384.61 per week
    Lunch Allowance: €40 per week

€384.61 per week / 39 hours = €9.86 per hour, thats €1.50 per hour less than ALDI pay sales assistants, disgraceful.

jbkenn

See post 128

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭jbkenn

See post 128
    I did, and??, even without a degree requirement, it's still $hit money to offer anyone.

jbkenn wrote: »
    I did, and??, even without a degree requirement, it's still $hit money to offer anyone.

Christ on a stick!!!!

Its more than the welfare some people are getting, you get A COMPANY VEHICLE. You also get €40 a week towards your lunch which they DO NOT have to pay.

It also gives you some dignity to be back working as well which is priceless.

You get 196 on the dole and Im sure that any unemployed people here, including myself would work for 197.

• Advertisement

Mego are looking for a store manager in the Crescent.

http://www.jobs.ie/ApplyForJob.aspx?Id=1061054

Btw, what the heck is Mego?

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Xx-Steph08-xX

its a womens clothes shop!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭donutheadhomer

its a womens clothes shop!

me no go then

New resturant opening accross road from george hotel.

Think its called olive branch, sign in window looking for staff.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Would you really bother? A new restaurant opens across from the george monthly

Mc Love wrote: »
    Would you really bother? A new restaurant opens across from the george monthly

This one is different in the sense that it is being run by two guys from within the industry. That's as much as I can say.

This one is different in the sense that it is being run by two guys from within the industry. That's as much as I can say.

One would hope it was different!

Just copied this off of the Fas jobbank, I am reading this right ?

Interviews to be held in our Porto office in Portugal on Oct 29th for Pharmacists for Ireland. Candidates must be eligible to register with Pharmaceutical Society of Ireland. Immediate job offers. Call to secure an appointment

Are they for real?

Mothercare are looking for an Assistant Manager and Temporary Sales Advisers.

http://www.jobs.ie/ApplyForJob.aspx?Id=1062086

Jack Jones have a sign up in the crescent looking for staff

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭sunshineoh9

i will be needing a job around dec-jan... anyone know who will hire with visa or permission to stay?

i will be needing a job around dec-jan... anyone know who will hire with visa or permission to stay?

You do realise how hard it is to get a job in limerick with unemployment at a record high, all the shops are hiring for xmas now.

So your best bet is to print out a load of cv's and go around to all the pubs/shops when you get here, its not going to be easy.

But you never know, best of luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭sunshineoh9

You do realise how hard it is to get a job in limerick with unemployment at a record high, all the shops are hiring for xmas now.

So your best bet is to print out a load of cv's and go around to all the pubs/shops when you get here, its not going to be easy.

But you never know, best of luck.
    ah, okay.. my fiance said he can get me a job once i get there but i don't want to be dependent on him to get me a job. so i'm going to try for myself and if i can't find one then i'll ask for his help :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭dave 27

ah, okay.. my fiance said he can get me a job once i get there but i don't want to be dependent on him to get me a job. so i'm going to try for myself and if i can't find one then i'll ask for his help :P

id say try look for one anyway but with 20,000 unemployed in a city of 100,000 its next to impossible!

ask him to get me a job too when he comes over will ya :o

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

Saw pennys in the crescent is looking for staff.. In germany!
    I kid you not! Poster up for people who fancy working in another country.
    Also saw mothercare is opening in crescent too, they also have a sign up looking for full and part time staff. It will be across from heatons, next to post office.

Penneys in town is advertising for germany too, looks great if you want to get out of limerick for a month or two, flights + hotel paid for.

You dont need to Speak German. Some staff here(not just Pennys) cannot speak English.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 82 ✭✭cocomk1

Anyone know of anymore? Im looking for a bit of part time work as im in college

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭phill106

cocomk1 wrote: »
    Anyone know of anymore? Im looking for a bit of part time work as im in college

Dunnes in jetland (probably all dunnes) looking for seasonal staff

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement