Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need a job ??

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

got the same pfo this morning from boots

so did a friend

• Registered Users Posts: 30 1892

Next in Childers Road have a sign in the window looking for staff

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Marvel80

I also applied to Boots and within 17 hours got a you were unsuccessful email. Guess 5 years retail experience inc assistant manager and 2 years customer care all for the same company isn't enough for even your CV to be requested!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭dave 27

i bet they only hire woman for boots, how many lads do you know working in there?

also for next, I had an interview with them about this time last year and the whole interview was.."which is the right answer..A..B..or..C

they would ask the stupidest questions in relation to situations..then what would u do!

I know i would have been perfect for that job but because i got maybe A and C wrong in the interview i wasnt picked..they didnt even want to hear about myself and my background like..very poor on theyre behalf

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭munstergirl

Thanks for letting me know i wasn't the only pfo.

At least they were quick.

• Advertisement

OBriens off licence parkway looking for someone, you must have knowledge about wine its on irish jobs.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 3,364 ✭✭✭campo

kilburn wrote: »
    OBriens off licence parkway looking for someone, you must have knowledge about wine its on irish jobs.ie

Does drinking a lot of it count

• Registered Users Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭highlydebased

PFO from boots too.

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭smilerxxx

PFO from boots also :(.. makes you feel like **** doesn't it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Limerick_Lass

A friend of mine got a date for interview next week for boots, and shes no sales experience! She said she answered the questions very honestly, if that makes sense to others!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,916 ✭✭✭NickDrake

I wonder are they only interviewing girls?? This is totally illegal.

I doubt they would though. Big company like that would hardly discriminate against males so obviously??

A friend of mine got a date for interview next week for boots, and shes no sales experience! She said she answered the questions very honestly, if that makes sense to others!

I have an interview for next wednesday with boots! absolutely shocked! i thought they wernt hiring anymore!

im just back from an interview from a sports shop too, went very well..could have 2 jobs by the end of next week! :D

Congrats!

Boots interview is normal interview, + 12 tasks in 12 mins. Like find cheapest toothpaste. 2 for specials, so make sure you go to store before hand for look to get idea where everything is.

hah thats crazy! cheers munstergirl

well done dave, hope you get one of them :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,762 ✭✭✭✭stupidusername

StanJames bookies opposite the bus/train station on Parnell St are looking for experienced part time staff. Notice in the window says drop in your CV.

Was out in the crescent earlier and No Name are looking for an Assistant Manager, and full time and part time staff. Experience required.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭jelliebellie

theres an ad in the leader for a new place opening in September.
    Delta Soccer Dome out in the retail park.
    looking for full time and part time receptionists. also supervisors aswell i think maybe.

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭Mollywolly

dave 27 wrote: »
    I have an interview for next wednesday with boots! absolutely shocked!

Me too! Interview and totally shocked that is :eek: Really wasn't expecting that after reading that Munstergirl got a PFO. This is the first interview I've had in 18 months so I'm going to make the most of it.

I answered the questions honestly too, so maybe that's it. (Or more like they're looking for an auld one to keep the young ones on their toes :D )

I passed boots today and a lady was there with a clipboard watching some young fella try to persuade customers to take a basket when they were going in.. practice yer persuasion techniques, future boots employees:D

• Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭Craigels

any jobs see advertised recently ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Supermacs are opening a new restaurant on the Dublin Road where Wheelers Grill used to be (across from Singland Motors).

Maxi zoo (the pet store) are looking for staff

• Registered Users Posts: 4,829 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

The Spar Shop in UL are also hiring full, part time and deli assistants.

http://www.jobstoday.co.uk/cgi-bin/vacdetails.pl?selection=936479330&src=search

I heard over 900 people applied for Boots on the Childers Rd.!

• Registered Users Posts: 722 ✭✭✭Craigels

i know of about 10 to 15 that applied its mad ha

Mollywolly wrote: »
    Me too! Interview and totally shocked that is :eek: Really wasn't expecting that after reading that Munstergirl got a PFO. This is the first interview I've had in 18 months so I'm going to make the most of it.

I answered the questions honestly too, so maybe that's it. (Or more like they're looking for an auld one to keep the young ones on their toes :D )

in the space of 7 minutes i got 2 job offers and im starting one job on thursday so boots are off the agenda after all that! :o

dave 27 wrote: »
    in the space of 7 minutes i got 2 job offers and im starting one job on thursday so boots are off the agenda after all that! :o

Nice one, congratulations!

cheers munstergirl!
    its crazy, been searching since christmas for one, then just before i go back to college they all come piling in! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭Mollywolly

Well done Dave. Congratulations!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Just like the BUS.

Well done Dave. Where's the job?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement