Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Froyo rolling out this week

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

Nope. The FroYo update begins with 2 not 1.21

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭ldr

by selecting system upgrade 1.21.405.2 (27.07MB) nothings happens, it downloads but doesnt install.

how do i revert to unrooted? to install 2.2

Sparko wrote: »
    Few quick questions about the 2.2 update:

-Does moving apps to the SD card have any downside, i.e. do they take longer to load etc?

Cheers

I tested the apps to sd for my own app and I didn't notice much difference at all. It takes about 6 seconds after clicking on "move to sd" but android needs to do some security stuff, it isn't a simple copy.

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭one man clappin

Hi
    I downloaded the update last night, no problems at all. I have one quick question re: moving the apps to the sd card. I went into settings-applications, then opened the application. The uninstall button is highlighted and also clear data button is highlighted. The move to sd card is not and so cannot move the apps. Am I going about it the correct way? :o

A developer has to enable the move to sd card functionality for their apps. You'll need to bug them for an update.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 377 ✭✭AAAAAAAHHH

Since getting froyo my 3g isn't working at all. It says it can't connect because of a problem with the APN settings but they look to be alright. This is what I have

APN: live.vodafone.com
    proxy: 10.24.59.100
    Port: 80

Everything else is the default. It's an unbranded Desire. Anyone else having the same problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭bluefirefly

AAAAAAAHHH wrote: »
    Since getting froyo my 3g isn't working at all. It says it can't connect because of a problem with the APN settings but they look to be alright. This is what I have

Everything else is the default. It's an unbranded Desire. Anyone else having the same problem?

Mine is fine( Vodafone unbranded desire with Meteor sim) download an app call APNdroid it finds the appropriate apn settings for you. I've put vodafone sim card in before and i don't need to do anything with the settings. It connects fine

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭jonseyblub

Is the Car dock app not included with this update? Thought it was one of the things that was going to be on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Mantel

AAAAAAAHHH wrote: »

Set the proxy and port to nothing and change live.Vodafone.ie to Hs.Vodafone.ie.

Alternatively press menu and you'll get the option to restore the apn, it will ask you to choose customer or business. Either will work.

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭EasyBoy1974

Mantel wrote: »
    ...change live.Vodafone.ie to Hs.Vodafone.ie

Don't do this if you plan to go abroad with your phone - the live APN uses roaming data from your package, but any other APN will cost a fortune in roaming charges ...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

jonseyblub wrote: »
    Is the Car dock app not included with this update? Thought it was one of the things that was going to be on it.

I was looking for this too. I cant see it on the app list.
    Is it available anywhere else?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Got froyo today after completely missing froyo threads here.

Installation was easy as piss, I'm running an unbranded desire. Some nice new apps and my speed overall on th device has definitly increased.

Apps to SDcard is tremendous

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭charlie_says

Wasn't working for me on Meteor on my unbranded Desire, so I popped in a Vodafone sim and it is now downloading away.....:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭00sully

Set the proxy and port to nothing and change live.Vodafone.ie to Hs.Vodafone.ie.

Alternatively press menu and you'll get the option to restore the apn, it will ask you to choose customer or business. Either will work.

eh make sure you are signed up to use HS.vodafone.com or you will incur charges outside of your contract!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Cianos

I read somewhere about Froyo allowing you to sync your itunes library to your phone OTA?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 377 ✭✭AAAAAAAHHH

Cheers, this worked. I was still having problems with the phone recognising my sim card afterwards but it's working perfectly after a factory reset.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Anyone notice that friendstream now regularly updates itself. I find it handy but I'm definately seeing an increase in my daily download amount.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭here.from.day.1

Updated on mine last night no problem, completely sim free phone on Meteor bill pay. Only things I have noticed are flash 10.1 support on websites and also the sms editing screen has a slightly different layout.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

Cianos wrote: »
    I read somewhere about Froyo allowing you to sync your itunes library to your phone OTA?

Hmmm, not sure about the OTA part. Tried messing around with it last night with phone in mass storage mode. No luck. This was on a Mac though - I think you need to use the HTC Sync utility. Then again, there's always Songbird for syncing (which, in turn, can sync with iTunes).

Absolutely love the wi-fi tethering feature. Priceless.

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭jonseyblub

ethernet wrote: »
    Hmmm, not sure about the OTA part. Tried messing around with it last night with phone in mass storage mode. No luck. This was on a Mac though - I think you need to use the HTC Sync utility. Then again, there's always Songbird for syncing (which, in turn, can sync with iTunes).

Absolutely love the wi-fi tethering feature. Priceless.

I've asked this elsewhere and nobody seems to know but is this wifi tethering the same as normal tethering as in it costs extra? Or does it just use your normal data.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

my desire is on 2.1-update1

last updated ages ago...

But when i check for an update now it says my phone is upto date... SO is the new update out here or what?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭Keith186

jonseyblub wrote: »
    I've asked this elsewhere and nobody seems to know but is this wifi tethering the same as normal tethering as in it costs extra? Or does it just use your normal data.

Apple tethering probably costs extra if that's what you mean by normal tethering.

This 'normal' tethering comes outta normal data.

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭Ample Free ...?

Came across this story this morning which was kinda shocking. Just wondering if those of you with Vodafone have suffered the same fate or is it just the UK?

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭cillo2000

Any idea when meteor are rolling 2.2 out for the legend?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭jumbobreakfast

Came across this story this morning which was kinda shocking. Just wondering if those of you with Vodafone have suffered the same fate or is it just the UK?
    That's a bit worrying alright, time to investigate how to backup the phone so I can recover it in case this happens down the line

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭choronzonix

Wow, sounds like people are pretty p****d. Glad my phone was unbranded

• Registered Users Posts: 4,844 ✭✭✭budhabob

cillo2000 wrote: »

I was about to ask the same question.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Wow, sounds like people are pretty p****d. Glad my phone was unbranded
    What I gather from the story is that it added the branding to the unbranded Vodafone phones. Along with a load of bloatware.

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭EasyBoy1974

What I gather from the story is that it added the branding to the unbranded Vodafone phones. Along with a load of bloatware.

Another good reason to root and keep your phone all your own!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭squareboy007

cillo2000 wrote: »

Any ideas???

Advertisement