Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Froyo rolling out this week

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭flynnduism

Just got the new update on my HTC Legend, downloading now

Congratulations!
    Your phone has been updated successfully to version 2.05.405.2.

Not Froyo, I got a bit overexcited!

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭choronzonix

I hope this is true, would love to have official froyo :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

Ah for god sake. Just spent the last few hours fiddling with my desire so I could put on one of the froyo ROMs.

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭EasyBoy1974

EGriff wrote: »
    Ah for god sake. Just spent the last few hours fiddling with my desire so I could put on one of the froyo ROMs.

Don't worry - there will be better custom roms based on this official one .. Plus you have root for proper apps2sd and market etc - all in all you haven't wasted your time! ;)

Yeah I have it set to wake-up using the trackpad button now instead of the power button and I've got a froyo rom running. There's loads of lil mods on xda. Worth the time to root anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭Keith186

EGriff wrote: »
    Yeah I have it set to wake-up using the trackpad button now instead of the power button and I've got a froyo rom running. There's loads of lil mods on xda. Worth the time to root anyway.

I put on the leaked official sense froyo Rom from page 4 on the one click root thread

Can I still add separate mods Luke trackball wake too?

Yeah just add them like you did the rom. I used rom manager from the market.

Here's the link, http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=696907 there's a couple of different options, you can use nearly any of the buttons.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

• Registered Users Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭M5

Will the current rooting methods work on the Desire after 2.2 upgrade?

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭djgaillimh

M5 wrote: »
    Will the current rooting methods work on the Desire after 2.2 upgrade?

Not until somebody cracks the new bootloader. And there's always a chance that might never happen...

There will be a rooted version using an older bootloader available within a day or two so you should probably wait for that.

Also, there's no guarantee that the desire will get an official gingerbread port, so you're better off using a rooted rom for now, just in case you want to install an unofficial 3.0 rom at a later date.

• Advertisement

djgaillimh wrote: »
    Not until somebody cracks the new bootloader. And there's always a chance that might never happen...

There will be a rooted version using an older bootloader available within a day or two so you should probably wait for that.

Also, there's no guarantee that the desire will get an official gingerbread port, so you're better off using a rooted rom for now, just in case you want to install an unofficial 3.0 rom at a later date.

Having some issues with custom roms. Each one does something too annoying to put up with. Opendesire freezes, bootloader buttons rarely work. Sense froyo will ony let me install a few apps to SDand the speaker phone turns itself on all the time. Think i'll chance stock when it comes out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭nedd

I have my Desire rooted now with the default HTC rom. If the official 2.2 rom update comes through and I update to it will it disable my current root?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭jwcurtin

flynnduism wrote: »
    Just got the new update on my HTC Legend, downloading now

Congratulations!
    Your phone has been updated successfully to version 2.05.405.2.

Not Froyo, I got a bit overexcited!

Yea i did aswell, until i saw the way they reversed the message app so it shows the older messages first!!!!:mad: Bug logged with HTC on the phone!:mad: Maybe it'll be fixed with Froyo:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭eden_my_ass

jwcurtin wrote: »
    Yea i did aswell, until i saw the way they reversed the message app so it shows the older messages first!!!!:mad: Bug logged with HTC on the phone!:mad: Maybe it'll be fixed with Froyo:rolleyes:

Just noticed that myself, what a TRuckin nuisance when you've big message histories...stupid bug to let slip through!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Zagato

nedd wrote: »
    I have my Desire rooted now with the default HTC rom. If the official 2.2 rom update comes through and I update to it will it disable my current root?

Thanks

Yep, afraid so:(

Just noticed that myself, what a TRuckin nuisance when you've big message histories...stupid bug to let slip through!
    Do you mind if you can email/phone HTC so itll be squatted out it the Froyo update! Yea you're right it's soooooooo sooooo Annoying!

Number for HTC 01-6968474

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭eden_my_ass

jwcurtin wrote: »
    Do you mind if you can email/phone HTC so itll be squatted out it the Froyo update! Yea you're right it's soooooooo sooooo Annoying!

Number for HTC 01-6968474

Sure

• Registered Users Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Kenno90

Looks like the update is happening soon.:D

HTC will be selling the Desire with 2.2 in china
    HTC has also reiterated that a 2.2 update for its phones already on the market will be delivered "very soon,"

http://www.engadget.com/2010/07/29/htc-will-ship-all-android-phones-in-china-with-froyo-on-board-f/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Cianos

Will the OS update notification be pushed to the phone or will we have to keep checking whether it's released or not?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭conor.hogan.2

Root your phone install a froyo rom.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,106 ✭✭✭seanin4711

as above done one click and have defrost on board.
    like it.
    when official Froyo comes along what's the craic?
    will it be a case of searching for the. update ota and installing over my defrost?
    hope so

seanin4711 wrote: »
    as above done one click and have defrost on board.
    like it.
    when official Froyo comes along what's the craic?
    will it be a case of searching for the. update ota and installing over my defrost?
    hope so

Rooted users need to unroot and upgrade AFIK

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Blackdragon

M5 wrote: »
    Rooted users need to unroot and upgrade AFIK

To receive the OWA sure, but nothing stopping them from downloading a copy and flashing it.

No sooner will the first updates take place and it will be available for download everywhere

Looks like it is close to being released alright, Sprint in the US confirm it will be available for manual download from Monday (for the evo)

• Registered Users Posts: 390 ✭✭Nekro Man

if i'm not rooted and running a stock desire, will the upgrade to froyo be a free download or whats the story?

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭ftm2008

yipee ... I am with Meteor ... would they be counted as unlocked as they are not branded

ftm2008 wrote: »
    yipee ... I am with Meteor ... would they be counted as unlocked as they are not branded

Yea, lucky you, i only have the Legend:p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭00sully

yep I'd imagine meteor phones will get this OTA :)

I'm just wondering is it worth getting this since I've rooted or wait for xda to alter it and then flash manually!?!?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,820 ✭✭✭floggg

Fricking sweet!

Now to go home and unroot!

I'm intrigued by the iTunes sync ability. I would love if it synced playcount too, but its the one thing preventing from splashing out for a 32g card and ditching the ipod!

Advertisement