Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Suits - USA Network *Spoilers*

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Liked the fact they seem to be re booting and will be interesting to see mike working with the clinic lads. If it focus' on the clinic and growing their own firm and not internal bickering and random people trying to close the firm it could be good again... maybe have more of them v Zane in courtrooms etc

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

I actually thought the finale was quite good; the first really interesting episode in ages and, now that they can put this Mike B.S., behind them, they can get back to the COTW format that made this show interesting in the first place.

Season 7 is due to premier in summer 2017!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,370 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Season 7 is kicking off on July 12!

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭seiphil

Was in downtown Toronto the other day and seen them shooting for the new season. 

Was pretty cool to see.

The show is filmed in Toronto and not New York if anybody didn't know.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Well, it's back, considering that I watched it at 5 in the morning I don't think it's fair to say anything (or spoil it) but when
    Harvey, Lewis and Donna were in the bathroom and Harvey goes "you sort it our I've some sh1t to deal with" and walks into the bathroom was a laugh out moment for me, I don't know if it was intentional or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭pegasus1

People... just been announced Suits season 7..premiere on Netflix UK today!!!
    :):):):)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,958 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hannibal_Smith

I don't know where this dramatic music to a non story is coming from? It happened last season as well and it's annoying.

Why the fuss about
    Louis being a d*ck to the associates? He always was cruel to them why the worRyan about getting suEd now? Because he'seven more cutting than before? Nonsense! It's a non story.

As for Donna Omg this partnership thing is a stupid move. She was good in her subordinate role. The last two series they've tried to morph her into the saviour of the firm. BUT SHE'S DONE NO LEGAL WORK TO SAVE THE FIRM! Here's what she is...a good HR manager!

Sorry it's all in black. Not sure what we're allowed post yet?

I did enjoy the banter with Harvey and Mike though! And the porsche of course!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭Avatar MIA

I did enjoy the banter with Harvey and Mike though! And the porsche of course!

Think you've got your prancing horses mixed up. But yeah, enjoying the bants.
    Clareman wrote: »
    I don't know if it was intentional or not.

Yeah, not sure if intentional :pac:

Clareman wrote: »
    Well, it's back, considering that I watched it at 5 in the morning I don't think it's fair to say anything (or spoil it) but when
    Harvey, Lewis and Donna were in the bathroom and Harvey goes "you sort it our I've some sh1t to deal with" and walks into the bathroom was a laugh out moment for me, I don't know if it was intentional or not.

Didn't he walk out and leave them in there?

• Advertisement

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Didn't he walk out and leave them in there?

Not unless there is a double entrance/exit (oooh matron) to the bathroom.

Another thing about Suits this season. How many ways are they going to contrive the future royal being in a loving relationship with Mike and never kissing.

In this episode, Mike scampily darts around Rachael "deliberately" not kissing her as a tease. Riiight. So, we've gone from her thigh wrapped around Mike sucking his face off (which probably helped somewhat to attract fair prince) to not even a peck on the cheek. :pac:

Season 7 - kiss watch :P

• Registered Users Posts: 55,458 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I enjoyed that episode. Nice to see some positive character development for Donna (after digging her into a hole in season 6). Her as a partner will be much more interesting than 'The Donna' crap from last season.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,541 ✭✭✭squonk

pegasus1 wrote: »
    People... just been announced Suits season 7..premiere on Netflix UK today!!!
    :):):):)

Nice!! Thanks for the heads up. My American cousins are starting to complain that I’m not as in touch as I used to be. All down to more Netflix to watch.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Can anyone explain where Donna would get a half a million dollars?

Zascar wrote: »

Thought of that instantly!!

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Zascar wrote: »

Thought of that instantly!!

I think Donna was paid significantly more than a normal secretary, with her salary significantly topped up by Harvey.

Plus a bank may lend based on her being a partner.

Oh, and most importantly... it's TV. :)

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Exactly, it's tv. If it were real life Donna would spend more than her monthly salary on clothes alone!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭pegasus1

Is Donna known as another name at night? :eek:

I know it's TV but it has to have some grounding in reality. One minute they're preaching about the firms reputation should they be dropped and the next they're making a corporate secretary into a senior partner.

I get that they need a powerful female lead but the show has tanked since Jessica left and this ridiculous thread that within a week Donna is now one of the most powerful people in terms of legal practices in NY is ludicrous.

• Advertisement

I know it's TV but it has to have some grounding in reality. One minute they're preaching about the firms reputation should they be dropped and the next they're making a corporate secretary into a senior partner.

I get that they need a powerful female lead but the show has tanked since Jessica left and this ridiculous thread that within a week Donna is now one of the most powerful people in terms of legal practices in NY is ludicrous.

But you weren't perturbed by a leading NY law firm taking on a non qualified acting as a lawyer?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,958 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hannibal_Smith

I have to agree with this. I don't know why they've pushed Donna so far up the ladder of late. She's a good character. But making her a senior partner is just ridiculous.

And yes, it's just TV but pulling out a cheque for half a million dollars out of thin air when she's a secretary and Scottie was begging to waive the buy in because she couldn't afford it (IIRC) is just pushing the Donna agenda to silly extremes.

Also, aren't there only two lawyers, Harvey and Louis? Is Mike a lawyer now? I can't quite remember what magic they pulled last season. But if there are only two lawyers what do they need so many associates?

It's such a shame because the banter between Mike and Harvey is still there. The potential for Donna is still there. But it's like they got a new set of writers that are trying to completely rewrite the show. I'm all for a plot shake up, but there is something missing.

Maybe as the new episodes progress it will all make more sense.

But you weren't perturbed by a leading NY law firm taking on a non qualified acting as a lawyer?

In fairness, that was one partner trying to pull the wool over his firms eyes for this wonderfully talented prospect. Whilst I don't think it would happen, it's not comparable to making a secretary a senior partner, that's public corporate suicide. And in the same episode as 'showing the corporate world that Harvey Spector can publicly take the reigns from Jessica', this move makes no sense even if you suspend disbelief.

At least Mike was qualified to be a lawyer in ability and arguably all but college qualification, Donna simply isn't qualified whatsoever and to put her as Mike's superior and Louis' equal just rankles as panic scriptwriting.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,847 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

How is Rachel over all the associates when she is only a 2nd year law student herself?

Quazzie wrote: »
    How is Rachel over all the associates when she is only a 2nd year law student herself?

Positive Discrimination promotion. She's black, female and young. Tick, tick, tick.

It's almost like the writers are using poetic licence or something. :cool:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Quazzie wrote: »

She's boning a Prince :D

It's clear they have 4 main characters and Lewis, they'll get Lewis get back with the Ex and then have the 4 main characters be happy out to finish the show's run.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,167 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Donna is on over 100 grand a year based on the hints they've given over the years. She may also have family wealth and a wardrobe budget.

I don't find 500 grand all that hard to believe. Did anyone check that claim she made about something percent of top law firm partners not being lawyers?

Did anyone check that claim she made about something percent of top law firm partners not being lawyers?

4 out of the 9 law firms not having lawyers as CEOs? Nope, didn't check :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,055 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

4 out of the 9 law firms not having lawyers as CEOs? Nope, didn't check :)

It was COOs. Regardless of if it's true or not, none of those COOs went from being a secretary to COO.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,695 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Donna is on over 100 grand a year based on the hints they've given over the years. She may also have family wealth and a wardrobe budget.

I don't find 500 grand all that hard to believe. Did anyone check that claim she made about something percent of top law firm partners not being lawyers?

That time Harvey called to Donna's poky little NY flat? Yeah, not the style someone with $500k cash knocking about would live in. It makes Mike's and Rachael's place look like a palace... ;)

Zero Boardroom experience, tick.
    Secretary's salary, tick.
    No ability to bring high end clients to the firm, tick.

At this stage we're just seeing the writers coasting along until the series is cancelled.

Advertisement