Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EA MMA Game

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭oneillryano

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Nope, any ole pic will do. Just take a phot of yourself and upload to ea website. Then you can download it while in the game menu. You can go one better and take a side shot of your face as well and use both photos for a better face model.
    Yep now i definetley can't wait for this game!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,543 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Dav, did you get the game yet to try out or will you only be sent that after the release date?

Got confirmation from a Dev on ea forums that you can spectate other peoples fights. Not only that, but you can set up a private card where a bunch of us could go to fight. We would all be watching the exact same thing, each others fights until it was your time to fight. You can also access the replays and highlights of your last 5 fights and upload them to EA's website.

I think this is so class! We tried a tourney of Undisputed 2009 on PS3 when it first came out but was so hard to organise, between lag and people not around at certain times. With this tho, you could pick a night and get up to 10 people to take part in fights while the others watch and judge you (then slag you on Boards!)

Definitely wanna get a tourney up and running a few weeks after its release!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,331 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

It a be kool if 3 of the guys watching could judge it too but suppose that would lead to favourtism and a whole host of others problems but the game seems to be shaping up nicely

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,840 ✭✭✭Dav

I've been told today that my review copy is on it's way along with my copy of Medal of Honor on PC :) I should have it today or tomorrow I think.

• Advertisement

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    It a be kool if 3 of the guys watching could judge it too but suppose that would lead to favourtism and a whole of others problems but the game seems to be shaping up nicely

That would be a brilliant idea! Like if you could just invite friends only to judge, they should have that in the next game!

EA are holding a live launch event at 2am. You can watch on ustream and chat with devs. Fedor & Jacare will be there apparently.

http://www.ustream.tv/easportslive

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

EA are holding a live launch event at 2am. You can watch on ustream and chat with devs. Fedor & Jacare will be there apparently.

http://www.ustream.tv/easportslive

Any reviews yet sheehy83,i'm kinda worried that I haven't seen any.

GTR63 wrote: »
    Any reviews yet sheehy83,i'm kinda worried that I haven't seen any.

The NDA (I think thats what it's called) was lifted yesterday so reviews should start pouring in soon. Here is one from Joystiq although Gametrailers is the one I trust most.

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/10/19/ea-sports-mma-review/

score:
    4/5

Another review - Gamepro

http://www.gamepro.com/article/reviews/216960/ea-sports-mma-review/

In other news, THQ & UFC extend their deal to 2018. EA said they would be interested in teaming up with the UFC brand and replace THQ but looks like this is out the window now. Both companies will release a game every 2 years. Next games from THQ and EA will be out 2012.

Would have been better if they released games on alternating years so we could have best of both worlds but this should really push THQ to put out a quality product in 2012.

• Advertisement

Well, I finally got my own review copy today (Xbox) and there was a PS3 version thrown in too. Now normally, I'd consider doing a competition to give it out, but I think given how much he seems to be looking forward to it, I'm going to post this out to our man sheehy83 here to do a review for us all. With a bit of luck this won't be the last time I have an opportunity to do something like this for you guys.

DeVore and I will be getting stuck into it on Thursday when we both have the evening off (which translates as "we're less mental busy that night and we're already doing something else together so we'll do this too :)" If I have time tonight, I'll get stuck in and post first impressions tomorrow.

In the mean time, here's a video that came with my review copy which I think pretty much explains what all this is about.

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa Top man Dav!! Looking forward to this game so much and now I get to play it before release date!!

Will gladly write up a review for it and even more glad to kick yer asses online. my psn is sheehy83, feel free to add me.

Still can't get over this, absolutely class! :D:eek::D:eek::D:eek::D:eek::D:eek:

2 vids from the devs showing advanced moves

Standup

Ground game

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Fair play for giving Sheehy83 a Free Copy Dav,he's been excellent on this forum.Probably will pick this up myself next week Moneys a bit tight for this week.

Cheers GTR!!

Here is IGN's review:

IGN - http://ie.xbox360.ign.com/articles/112/1128966p2.html

OXM review - http://www.oxmonline.com/article/reviews/xbox-360/a-f/ea-sports-mma

Both reviews suggest this being better than Unisputed 2010. Good news but really wouldn't be that hard!

Oh and here's a great vid of Randy playing the game against Fedor with Big John at a Gamestop launch. Fedor looks like he well getting into it!

http://www.mmaweekly.com/absolutenm/templates/dailynews.asp?articleid=12930&zoneid=13

Gonna DL the demo later and try and get some gameplay in before the weekend!

Gonna DL the demo later and try and get some gameplay in before the weekend!

Hey Neil, you should know that a lot has been fixed in the main game since the demo (dev said 100's of fixes)

New review from Computer & Videogames - http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=270619

Hey Neil, you should know that a lot has been fixed in the main game since the demo (dev said 100's of fixes)

New review from Computer & Videogames - http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=270619

Yea I read that on a different MMA site. The game was getting slated on account of the demo, but a few people added in that the main game is a lot better?

Yea I read that on a different MMA site. The game was getting slated on account of the demo, but a few people added in that the main game is a lot better?

I was reading the same and will gladly (hopefully) confirm when mr. postman delivers my copy!

Don't really agree with Computer & Videogames review. They say
    Undisputed 2010 is a better game because more known fighters, better commentary & better presentation. Thats great an all but absolutely useless if it takes me 6 months to complete career mode because its so frustrating and boring. Gameplay has to come first. Most reviews are complaining that EA is lacking well known (ufc) fighters but ea's official site has fighter share up and running and some class caf's made so far or Velasquez, Lesnar and Mir. Gameface helps!

Lads, sorry for spamming this board altogether but just keep hearing about cool features.

Online fight cards.

Create a public or private fight card - max of 4 or 5 fights. Give the card a name and invite friends or wait for public to join.

Will be like watching a live card of fights until it is your turn to play. Not only this but it has open chat so everyone can chat before, during and after fights. This would be very class to taunt your opponent or have spectators slagging your fighting. One of the lads with the game confirmed this but I def want to try this myself to confirm. Oh also, no complaints of lag yet and if you quit the fight, you get a DNF record.

• Advertisement

Lads, sorry for spamming this board altogether but just keep hearing about cool features.

Online fight cards.

Create a public or private fight card - max of 4 or 5 fights. Give the card a name and invite friends or wait for public to join.

Will be like watching a live card of fights until it is your turn to play. Not only this but it has open chat so everyone can chat before, during and after fights. This would be very class to taunt your opponent or have spectators slagging your fighting. One of the lads with the game confirmed this but I def want to try this myself to confirm. Oh also, no complaints of lag yet and if you quit the fight, you get a DNF record.

A boardsies fight nite would be kool

Oh yes! I wonder do we all have to have the same console? I think it would be simply amazing if PS3 and XBox peeps could fight one another, but there are many technical and political reasons why this may never be so.

Dav wrote: »
    Oh yes! I wonder do we all have to have the same console? I think it would be simply amazing if PS3 and XBox peeps could fight one another, but there are many technical and political reasons why this may never be so.

That would be perfect, could have a proper PS3 vs Xbox thing going. I just hope enough people get it for PS3 so I can be in a tourney.

You can also watch back the last 5 full fights from anyone who has played online as to see what way they fight. If a tourney did happen, you could easily watch back the fights, take a vid of them on a camera and post it here.

I'm on xbox myself.
    Cud do boardsies(ala ufc primetime),build up to the fights in advance

1st Live Broadcast announced. Will be happening next Friday, 2 guys already picked, Neither have a hype video tho. Will be on at like 1am GMT, not gonna stay up to watch it. If you're interested, the link is below. Lots of stuff on the official site as well tracking your online fighter and your highlights. EA Sports are pulling out the stops!

http://www.easports.com/mma/broadcast/event/id/4/title/mystic-1-fire-of-the-dragon

• Registered Users Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭SuperWoody101

Just got around to playing the full game now (my Xbox got the the 3 red rings last week and only got a loan of another Xbox today) I have to say it's a lot better then I thought it was going to be, the career mode is good (Im a big Bas fan) so i'm loving it so far. The game play is a lot better then the demo but I think it will be like the rest of the MMA and boxing games for me and i can see myself playing it like crazy for a week or so and never playing it again. I'm not a big fan of online play so I wont get any use out of that. Only played for about 2 hours but I am happy with it so far. Hope you guys enjoy it.

PS, you can fight out of Dublin Ireland. Also when you fight with Japanese rules you can use the soccer kicks and face stomps plus Lenne Hardt is the ring announcer!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

Just got around to playing the full game now (my Xbox got the the 3 red rings last week and only got a loan of another Xbox today) I have to say it's a lot better then I thought it was going to be, the career mode is good (Im a big Bas fan) so i'm loving it so far. The game play is a lot better then the demo but I think it will be like the rest of the MMA and boxing games for me and i can see myself playing it like crazy for a week or so and never playing it again. I'm not a big fan of online play so I wont get any use out of that. Only played for about 2 hours but I am happy with it so far. Hope you guys enjoy it.

PS, you can fight out of Dublin Ireland. Also when you fight with Japanese rules you can use the soccer kicks and face stomps plus Lenne Hardt is the ring announcer!

Its out already? I thought it didn't come out until Friday. I'm getting my PS3 version at Gamestop.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭SuperWoody101

JohnMc1 wrote: »
    Its out already? I thought it didn't come out until Friday. I'm getting my PS3 version at Gamestop.

I have a review copy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 cbenson

I have a review copy.

I think I might be jealous.

• Advertisement

Just got my copy! Thanks again Dav!!!! Now, another 6 hours of work and I get to play it! I'll lash into it tonight and give a mini review tomorrow!

Can't wait!

Advertisement