Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EA MMA Game

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Minstrel27 wrote: »
    Why not show it as it plays. It is almost like they are trying to hide something. If the demo isn't mind blowing then I am not going near this game on release.
    That is how it plays.He means they sped up the game itself, not the footage.
    JohnMc1 wrote: »
    Is the demo out yet?
    Tuesday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

Tuesday

Thanks Ultimate Chin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

That is how it plays.He means they sped up the game itself, not the footage.

Oh dear :(

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,634 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Oh dear :(

well it still looks more fun than UFC 2010

well it still looks more fun than UFC 2010

Terminator Salvation was more fun than UFC 2010

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,543 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

HAHA ya, don't get me started on whats more fun that undisputed 2010! I finally got my Undisputed tshirt from their website with that points crap (won it back in May) I asked for size large. They sent size American XL. It's basically a sleeping bag. Ah it was free I spose!

The demo would have to be really bad for me to not get this. I need my MMA fix that Undisputed pissed all over.

Achievements have been revealed!!! well for xbox anyway but they should be the same for trophies.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/game/ea-sports-mma/achievements/

Some excellent trophies in there!! Way WAY better than the impossible/mega boring ones in UFC

Demo out tomorrow (well, today technically)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,634 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Terminator Salvation was more fun than UFC 2010

Never seen it (and now never will);)

I can't wait to get my hands on the demo and see how it plays

From the video, it looks like you have to invite 3 friends and get them to actually download the demo from your invite. Each download is 100 points and 300 points gets you classic Randy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Downloading now, it's 1.26gb for those on slower connections that's gonna take a while.

BASTARD!! Do you have xbox? cuz there's no sign of it on the PSN

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Blast my stuck in workness :(

Aye I got on xbox, 1st match straight into the fight Overeem v Lashley no clue what I was doing Lashley takes me down with a double leg and I guillotine him from the bottom.

The find the zone thing is interesting for subs, need to play it a bit more for a verdict but certainly doesnt feel as sluggish as ufc did.

calex71 wrote: »
    Aye I got on xbox, 1st match straight into the fight Overeem v Lashley no clue what I was doing Lashley takes me down with a double leg and I guillotine him from the bottom.

The find the zone thing is interesting for subs, need to play it a bit more for a verdict but certainly doesnt feel as sluggish as ufc did.

Class, enjoy the demo man!

It's getting some bad feedback on the official forums for the computer shooting too much and being near impossible to block it or keep the fight standing. Sony sucks so hard :(

sheehy83 wrote: »
    It's getting some bad feedback on the official forums for the computer shooting too much and being near impossible to block it or keep the fight standing. Sony sucks so hard :(

There are only 2 HW's to pick from but in the 10 so matches I played, Lashly went for a double leg every time whether I hit him or not only way I was able to keep it on the feet was clinch and work off the cage, even then I was soon reversed and taken down.

Is the Demo available for PS3? I've looked all over the Playstation store but no sign of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭Gitb1

I got it for xbox around lunch hour. Fights seem to end very quickly

JohnMc1 wrote: »
    Is the Demo available for PS3? I've looked all over the Playstation store but no sign of it.

It should be up on the US PSN later on tonight.

• Advertisement

It should be up on the US PSN later on tonight.

Thanks Minstrel27.

Played a few games of it there. It's good fun but It doesn't compare to UFC Undisputed. The Gameplay just isn't fluid at all.

EDIT: Jusr a few more things. I like the ground game and how it isn't impossible. It just lacks finesse. Enjoy the game all the same. I'll probably buy it just to play with my mates. Is there commentary in the Demo at all? Mine's just silent.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,830 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

It's terrible, I submitted bobby lashley in about ten seconds. No commentary for me either. And I agree with the complaints about the AI shooting too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

I played it earlier, the use of fight night's striking is promising but its pretty poor if im being honest. All Bobby Lashley does is go for the double leg takedown, literally every single time, no amount of spamming B will prevent it. Overeem just goes for clinch knees aswell, it seems fighters only do one thing, regardless of difficulty or the context of the fight.

Also, got a KO from full mount and after he was out I spent about 7 seconds repeatedly punching him in the face, as if the ref was doing something else.

Too awkward overall for me, which is a shame as I traded in UFC over a month ago, ill have to go with no MMA game for the year.

I wonder how close to the finished product it is :confused:

Pretty close I imagine, if that is the case then the AI is broken form the start. Did anyone play against a human opponent?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,632 ✭✭✭SuperWoody101

I can't find it on the PSN...

Is it on the American PSN?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Just got the head punched off me by Bobby Lashley in full mount. Man i love MMA but i dont think these MMA games are for me, very frustrating. Feels like a new genre of game, different from the usual fighting games i play. There was also something off about the sound, like it lacked atmosphere or something, then I realise there is no commentary. I hope the full game has commentary. On the fence about this anyway. Have to play more of the demo to understand the intricacies of the MMA games

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Same here nothing on PSN:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Demonseed

still not out on psn yet WTF :mad:

Advertisement