Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EA MMA Game

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,081 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

If you can download other people's create a fighters like with Fight Night then that could save this game from not having the UFC license. I was able to play as Anderson Silva, Brock and the likes in Fight Night after a small 5 second download along with people like the Rock and Michael Jackson too :D I really hope it works similar in MMA.

On the gameplay, it doesn't look like it has as much of a flow as the UFC game, the character models look way off and I don't think Fight Night striking will work that well in an MMA capacity...

• Registered Users Posts: 29,542 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

New 7 minute gameplay video of Bobby Lashley playing it.

stand up doesn't look the best but ground transitioning looks class. Only the demo will tell tho!

EDIT - Why are my embeded youtube videos not showing up?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MOe5HMoMGGs

sheehy83 wrote: »
    New 7 minute gameplay video of Bobby Lashley playing it.

stand up doesn't look the best but ground transitioning looks class. Only the demo will tell tho!

EDIT - Why are my embeded youtube videos not showing up?

You put the part of the link after the V= in between the youtube tags so in this case its V=MOe5HMoMGGs

Fixed.

You put the part of the link after the V= in between the youtube tags so in this case its V=MOe5HMoMGGs

Fixed.

Excellent thanks Joe! Strange always worked for me before. I know how to post em in future anyway, sound man!

HAHAHAHA

Spoiler about strikeforce tonight.
    Feijao isn't in the game, yet he just won the LHW title!! They had him fighting Mikng Mo in the 'Keys to the Cage' bit so maybe they created a basic model of him just to show off a few moves but they will definitely need to put him into the game now!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭JohnMc1

HAHAHAHA

Spoiler about strikeforce tonight.
    Feijao isn't in the game, yet he just won the LHW title!! They had him fighting Mikng Mo in the 'Keys to the Cage' bit so maybe they created a basic model of him just to show off a few moves but they will definitely need to put him into the game now!

They probably wanted to save some fighters for DLC.

New full gameplay vid. Looks like the they made the striking faster. Ground game looks good but clinch looks a bit shiity.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,632 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Is it just me or does the stand up look like its in turbo mode now?

Ground game looks fantastic, really fluid

HAHA ya!! better than being too slow i guess. I liked the look of the subs, mix of button mashing and moving analogue into a certain area.

I don't like the sound of the punches, they are too loud. That with zero noise from the fighters (no grunts or anything) makes the strikes look week.

Flying armbar is awesome hahaha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

Is that video on fast forward?

• Advertisement

Demo out on 28th September. 4 fighters (MW & HW)and MMA tutorial included. Share the demo with friends and you can unlock 'classic' Couture when you buy the full game.

Can't wait to give this a go!!

http://www.easports.com/mma/blog/entry/title/ea-sports-mma-demo-available-on-september-28

Demo out on 28th September. 4 fighters (MW & HW)and MMA tutorial included. Share the demo with friends and you can unlock 'classic' Couture when you buy the full game.

Can't wait to give this a go!!

http://www.easports.com/mma/blog/entry/title/ea-sports-mma-demo-available-on-september-28

How do you share a demo when its downloaded to your hard drive?

I hope the character are actually going to be in their actual fight wear [Ie. Overeem in Black and Orange shorts instead of the White with Black trim as seen in the videos.]

I think you can send a message to your friend and it will probably give em a link or something.

I think you can send a message to your friend and it will probably give em a link or something.

Thanks. I really haven't played around with the Online functions yet.

JohnMc1 wrote: »
    Thanks. I really haven't played around with the Online functions yet.

don't quote me on that, just what i read on ea mma forums but its the most asked question since demo was announced haha. I'm sure ea will explain it but i'll def be making sure i get that classic Randy!

don't quote me on that, just what i read on ea mma forums but its the most asked question since demo was announced haha. I'm sure ea will explain it but i'll def be making sure i get that classic Randy!

Thanks again sheehy. I hope they do. It sounds confusing. A PS3 is not like an X-Box where you can remove the hard drive. I'm sure Classic Randy will be available as DLC at some point anyway regardless if we do the demo sharing or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

New trailer looks class alright, can;t wait to get my hands on the demo next week!

Trailer looks good, does anyone know what it means by 'hype videos'? I hope its what I think it is...:D

Trailer looks good, does anyone know what it means by 'hype videos'? I hope its what I think it is...:D
    You record your own smack talk videos pretty much

• Advertisement

You record your own smack talk videos pretty much

King Mo talking trash will be pretty cool, do you think that they'd make new ones (as in real fighters) every so often and let you download them? That would be sweet

That looks really good. I can't wait to get it. I'm Fire-Pro'd and KOC'd out for an MMA fix.

King Mo talking trash will be pretty cool, do you think that they'd make new ones (as in real fighters) every so often and let you download them? That would be sweet

No Riff, the feature is for YOU to make an actual video of yourself talking smack and then upload it to EA. Then EA will pick the best ones and invite those people to have a live fight against each other where people can log in and watch the fight live with live commentators.

Sounds class but what are the chances of getting your vid picked! sounds like a cool feature tho!

Ah right, I thought that in addition to you making your own vid that there would be fighter vids in the career mode (like the old wwf warzone game), thanks for clearing that up.

Watching real fights with commentators would be pretty cool, as long as it doesn't turn into someone spamming the one move or reversal for the entire fight

Im pretty sure theyve gotten a few fighters like Mo to record a couple hype videos for the game

ah I dsay the premade ones would be like the ones in the ufc game when you are in a title match for in campaign.

Theres a cool thing as well where you can make a montage of your best bits from fights to showcase your fighter but I read in a preview you can only do it if you are picked for a live fight. Hope they change this though that everyone can do it.

New gameplay vid of tester vs dev playing the demo. 16 min video. Just watching it now!

Excellent vid. The lads talk about what they are doing, great fight! No swinging for the fences hoping the flash KO!!

They really sped up the action, sometimes looked like fighters were skating round the octagon. Ground game looks so impressive and stamina/submission looks class altogether. Can't wait to play this next week!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

They really sped up the action, sometimes looked like fighters were skating round the octagon.

Why not show it as it plays. It is almost like they are trying to hide something. If the demo isn't mind blowing then I am not going near this game on release.

• Advertisement

Is the demo out yet?

Advertisement