Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland equals DOG UNFRIENDLY country

Options
123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,524 ✭✭✭Zapperzy

morganafay wrote: »
    Because older people in the countryside wouldn't mind a bit of poo, well mightn't. They'd probably be used to it, lots of them being farmers or having had dogs.

But it's different these days . . . though I've never seen anyone in my town pick up dog poo, I wish everyone would.

But it's not just older people who live in the countryside, I like to enjoy the countryside too (and I would like to think Im not considered old) and would be very annoyed if I stepped in dog poo while enjoying a walk with my dog.
    It's a bit of a stupid comment to make, farmers in their wellies might not care if they stepped in dog poo but in their sunday clothes on the way to mass I think they'd have different opinions. All 3 of my grandparents live in rural areas, were never farmers, and still would be annoyed if they stepped in dog poo or seen someone's dog crapping outside their house, only last week my elderly granny was giving out about a woman allowing their dog to crap outside her house and not picking it up. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭LucyBliss

You know what would also help? More litter bins. Near where I live, there is a route I take with my dogs because it's over an hour long, passes by some grass and the river and gives them a good workout. For most of that stretch, there are no bins whatsoever. I always carry bags with me when out with the dogs - actually I carry so many, you might think I was expecting them to poop like an elephant - and most of the times, I'm carrying that bag until I'm almost home and we hit a random bin.

When I was in Dundalk recently, they had specially designated poop bins in red all along one particular walking route. I thought it a great idea. Of course, it's only good if people bother to use them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭morganafay

Zapperzy wrote: »
    But it's not just older people who live in the countryside, I like to enjoy the countryside too (and I would like to think Im not considered old) and would be very annoyed if I stepped in dog poo while enjoying a walk with my dog.
    It's a bit of a stupid comment to make, farmers in their wellies might not care if they stepped in dog poo but in their sunday clothes on the way to mass I think they'd have different opinions. All 3 of my grandparents live in rural areas, were never farmers, and still would be annoyed if they stepped in dog poo or seen someone's dog crapping outside their house, only last week my elderly granny was giving out about a woman allowing their dog to crap outside her house and not picking it up. :rolleyes:

I wasn't saying it was ok for them to not pick up dog poo, just because it's in the countryside. I was saying that they might find it crazy, but I wasn't saying they were right.

Advertisement