Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Larry Murphy (Read mod note on post 1 before posting)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

ColeTrain wrote: »
    It's my family I care about. That girl could have been related to you or what about the girls he was alleged to have killed, they weren't so lucky to have two men come to their aid.

I am glad there has been a fuss kicked up about this p*ick, the tougher it is for him to peacefully live out his years the better.

I guarantee you that there won't be any mention of him in the rags by this time next week. Just the same as they forgot about Michael Murray after a while. They're selling you fear.. keep eating it up and living while looking over your shoulder though.. You think the red-tops care about protecting the public? They'd cream themselves if he was to rape somebody else so they could continue to sell their poisonous bile

• Closed Accounts Posts: 852 ✭✭✭moonpurple

it is time to tag every sex attacker

read what he done

he deserves every bit of hassle at any time

had the bag over the lady's face when he was interrupted:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

on the news, the "management plan" that the Guards have put in place..
    He is considered a high risk offender
    He has to provide the guards with his address within 7 days
    If he moves abroad he has to give them that address
    He has a visit from the guards monthly
    They will constantly keep his file updated..
    If they see any "changes of concern" in his behaviour, they will 'act' on it.

so in short, Larry will leave the country and the guards wont hear from him again until they are contacted by the police in the UK, after he has raped/murdered somebody else..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭wicklowstar

This management plan doesnt say anything about constant monitoring of his movements either

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭Kasabian

After a court case. The tabloids are just fueling another frenzy here because that's how they sell papers.

I'm not looking to defend this scumbag, but thinking he should be strung up because the Sun or the Sunday World thinks he might have done it. :rolleyes:

What about every other rapist that's been released from prison this year, where's the mob fury over them? You'll have forgotten this in a couple of months.

You are missing the point.

Man is interrupted while trying to kill a woman he has repeatedly raped and beat . He abducted her and drove her in to the mountains . If he had not been interrupted he would have killed her , in fact he was so confident of killing her he told her his name , the names of his wife and kids while brutalising her . He is caught and jailed .

In the time that he was a free man other women have gone missing in areas that it has been proved he had been working.

While in jail he shows no remorse for the crime he carried out , refused counselling and was uncorporative with the people investigating the disappearnces of these other women.

He would have killed this woman is he had not been interrupted , that is the crux of the matter , he was convicted of attempted murder only because he was interrupted as he was carrying out the premeditated act of murder. During this he told the woman he was going to kill her , she actually begged for him to kill her such was the brutality he inflicted on her.

While in prison no cases have been reported of any women disappearring.
    This may be coincidental , there may be another person(s) out there responsible for the disapperance of these other women.

I doubt it. IMO that man walked out of a prison today as a freeman , free to carry out the evil he has proved that he craves. It will take another abduction, disappearnce or killing for some to see that this man is a danger.

It will take something bad to happen for our Dail representatives to wake up and change the laws to ensure an animal like this will never walk amongst decent people again.

My motto is if it looks wrong , smells wrong and feels wrong then it is most likely wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ColeTrain

I guarantee you that there won't be any mention of him in the rags by this time next week. Just the same as they forgot about Michael Murray after a while. They're selling you fear.. keep eating it up and living while looking over your shoulder though.. You think the red-tops care about protecting the public? They'd cream themselves if he was to rape somebody else so they could continue to sell their poisonous bile

Eating what up? You could say the same about any story the media reports on.
    Of course the papers benefit from tragedy, controversy and evil, doesn't take much for one to work that out. This story is what it is but read between the lines. Why do you think the story is being run heavy? It's obvious what he did but it cannot be proved.

Anyway, there is no need to watch over my shoulder, he won't get the chance to rape again, you can be guaranteed the Gardaí are watching him. This animal will be doing well to get a good nights sleep ever again, if the papers played a small part in that, fair play.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 DoubleR

He is in McDonald's at the moment enjoying a Big Mac. Just look at my link below. I'd rather he made his intentions known. I live 8 miles from his hometown and I know women in the area who used to walk the local roads on a fine evening and they will not do it now!

http://www.wicklownews.net/index.php/2010/08/rapist-larry-murphy-a-free-man/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 852 ✭✭✭moonpurple

one thing is certain

ivor callely is on his knees thanking god for larry murphy's release:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭wicklowstar

moonpurple wrote: »
    one thing is certain

ivor callely is on his knees thanking god for larry murphy's release:pac:
    :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

on the news, the "management plan" that the Guards have put in place..

so in short, Larry will leave the country and the guards wont hear from him again until they are contacted by the police in the UK, after he has raped/murdered somebody else..

"we" are been very naive if we think the gardai wont follow this guy like flies on shyte.

The Gardai know what this chap is about and have questioned him about other crimes. Lack of evidence is one thing, but they're not stupid either.

He, unless hes a master camelion, wont go a day without been tracked, and if he leaves, the UK, will be duely informed

• Advertisement

Kasabian wrote: »
    You are missing the point.

Man is interrupted while trying to kill a woman he has repeatedly raped and beat . He abducted her and drove her in to the mountains . If he had not been interrupted he would have killed her , in fact he was so confident of killing her he told her his name , the names of his wife and kids while brutalising her . He is caught and jailed .

In the time that he was a free man other women have gone missing in areas that it has been proved he had been working.

While in jail he shows no remorse for the crime he carried out , refused counselling and was uncorporative with the people investigating the disappearnces of these other women.

He would have killed this woman is he had not been interrupted , that is the crux of the matter , he was convicted of attempted murder only because he was interrupted as he was carrying out the premediated act of murder. During this he told the woman he was going to kill her , she actually begged for him to kill her such was the brutality he inflicted on her.

This may be coincidental , there may be another person(s) out there responsible for the disapperance of these other women.

I doubt it. IMO that man walked out of a prison today as a freeman , free to carry out the evil he has proved that he craves. It will take another abduction, disappearnce or killing for some to see that this man is a danger.

It will take something bad to happen for our Dail representatives to wake up and change the laws to ensure an animal like this will never walk amongst decent people again.

My motto is if it looks wrong , smells wrong and feels wrong then it is most likely wrong.

Very well said Kasabian

My thoughts exactly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ColeTrain

snyper wrote: »
    "we" are been very naive if we think the gardai wont follow this guy like flies on shyte.

The Gardai know what this chap is about and have questioned him about other crimes. Lack of evidence is one thing, but they're not stupid either.

He, unless hes a master camelion, wont go a day without been tracked, and if he leaves, the UK, will be duely informed

Exactly, imagine if he wasn't being watched and raped again.

The backlash against the Gardai would be widespread. It's makes sense for them to put surveillance teams on him.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,983 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Larry Murphy isn't going to do anything, come on guys. He would be caught straightaway and put back in, do you think he LIKED his jail time?

Even if he did there would be 0.00000000001% chance that the person would be you. There are much more realistic things to be worried and paranoid about like getting killed in a car accident.

Strange way to look at it.

Why not say something like: Larry Murphy is a beast with a 90 percent likelihood of re offending. Yes, any single person is highly unlikely to be attacked, but WOMEN as a group are very very likely to be attacked.

And how would he be caught straight away. The Gardai may watch and monitor for a while, but after this it will subside and that is when the likes of him can strike. It's happening all the time all over the world.

And the Gardai cannot watch him all the time. There will not be constant watching of this man
    all the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭Kasabian

snyper wrote: »
    Very well said Kasabian

My thoughts exactly

Thanks Snyper.

The shocking aspect of it all is that if he had not been interrupted this woman's, and how many other families , would be suffering the pain of not knowing what has happened to a loved one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭Cunning Stunt

I have absolutely no faith in the gardai and their 'management plan' :rolleyes:
    No way will they be able to keep an eye on him 24/7. It's a scary thing to think that that animal is back out on the streets. I have a feeling he will do a vanishing act shortly..

What I dont understand is, they label him high risk offender and then put him out on the street.. :confused::confused: I mean if mental patient was considered high risk, then he would be sectioned.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Spangles

Lahm wrote: »
    Get her a rotweiler or keep her inside

Your answer is very flippant.....

I would advise any loved ones not to walk alone, especially in isolated areas or at night. I used to walk my housemates dog regularly during the day along the river and was creeped out by a man who I passed by on one occasion who commented on it being my routine. A dog is not the answer, neither is it realistic to stay indoors for fear of what could happen !

I wonder what the conversation was like in the car with the taxi driver that took him away. Also were the bikes following him armed gardaí?

DoubleR wrote: »
    I wonder what the conversation was like in the car with the taxi driver that took him away.

I'd say Larry got an earful about the regulator, and the economy..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,798 ✭✭✭goose2005

prinz wrote: »
    Irrelevant. The justice system has failed as it is.
    You're right, we should allow the gardaí to intern anyone that "everyone knows" is a criminal. No problems will result.
    moonpurple wrote: »
    it is time to tag every sex attacker

read what he done

he deserves every bit of hassle at any time

had the bag over the lady's face when he was interrupted:pac:

Why only sex attackers? Shouldn't violent attackers also get tagged?
    Society should be protected from dangerous people. Our government considers the civil rights of rapists and murderers ahead of the right to life of decent people.

Yes, stupid civil rights such as being let out of prison after your sentence has expired.
    Kasabian wrote: »
    Of the six missing women cases, Gardaí only established "commonality" for Dullard, jacob and McCarrick. The other 3 were probably killed by others.
    The motto of the lynch mob. Even if Murphy is a serial killer, his murder by some vigilante would be a very dangerous step.

• Advertisement

I'd say Larry got an earful about the regulator, and the economy..

Maybe also. "Sure them f**kers are coming over here with faulty plates and taking all the work." And "Yes I am working on my own. Sure if you worked from a base you would get screwed"

What I dont understand is, they label him high risk offender and then put him out on the street.. :confused::confused: I mean if mental patient was considered high risk, then he would be sectioned.

Nobody, including the judge that sentenced him wanted him out, he served every day that the law allowed.

The law needs to be changed.

Comparing him to a mentally ill atient is different, as they can be sectioned and put into the custody of the state. The law is not there for criminals.

Due process is due process, if we dont allow it, as a society we have nothing.

Its not perfect and at times like these it leaves a very bitter taste in the mouth to see this bastard walk free - a free man

Rant rave all we want, its the law that needs to be changed, and that automatically falls on the minister for justice...

However, to change a law is not as simple as the stroke of a pen on paper, its often a legal nightmare

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭waynewex

For those want to read a complete drill-down of the case instead of having to plow through dozens of news articles:

http://novascone.com/larry-murphy-suspected-irish-serial-killer-due-for-release.html

Here we go lads, TV3 gonna tackle the issue now (7.30)... Gonna get some serious answers here (probably from Trevor Keegan, and Mark Cagney or whichever TV3 intellectual heavyweight drew the shortest straw)... And one of the sunday newspapers has a special supplement on "The Beast Of Baltinglass"

The victim wrote to the minister questioning whether Murphy should be released. She got a response from Minister Ahern saying "my hands are tied"... has the man no tact ..

:mad:

For anyone that didnt click the link heres part of it..
    Firstly, it emerged that Murphy had several unreported episodes with women in the past. According to locals who knew him, Murphy had a reputation for homing in on women at social events. He would often sit and stare at one particular woman all night, making her feel uncomfortable. According to an unnamed source quoted by the Tribune and the Herald, Murphy had tried to grab his wife’s best friend not long before the attack in Carlow. He was giving his wife’s friend a lift home when he drove down a remote laneway and stopped the car. He then tried to make a grab at her. The woman, sensing danger, jumped out of the car and ran away. Murphy managed to catch up with her and begged her not to tell his wife. The woman in question did not inform Gardai about what had happened. Gardai also learned of the aforementioned incident at the pub in Donard, Co. Wicklow.

Another reason Operation Trace became interested in Larry Murphy is because of how he carried out the attack. The facts of the case point towards a confident attacker who knew what was he was doing. Murphy was confident enough to tell his victim the names of his 2 children. He was confident enough to tell her that he was married. He was also confident enough to use his own car in the attack. After Murphy had abducted his victim, he told her to take off her shoes. This was so that she would find it more difficult to run away. He then told her to take off her bra so that he could use it to tie her hands together. He calmly delivered these specific orders to his victim. All of that, coupled with his choice of sites and use of a plastic bag to smother his victim, pointed towards the likelihood that this wasn’t the first time Larry Murphy had abducted someone.

The Operation Trace team were also interested in the fact that Larry Murphy had worked as a freelance carpenter during the 1990s. This job would have enabled him to visit various building sites around Leinster. On the 28th of July 1998, 18 year old student Deirdre Jacob went missing from Newbridge, Co. Kildare. She disappeared as she was walking the short distance from the post office to her home. Although Murphy refused to cooperate with their investigation, the Operation Trace team were able to gain access to employment records from contractors in the area. The records showed that Larry Murphy had indeed been working in Newbridge, Co. Kildare on the date of Deirdre Jacob’s disappearance. His route home from this job took him right past her house in Roseberry, Newbridge. Officers from the Operation Trace team also believe that Murphy was working in Dublin area around the time that American tourist Annie McCarrick went missing. Yet another woman that went missing during this period of time was a waitress called Jo Jo Dullard. Jo Jo Dullard was last seen near one of areas that Murphy had used to carry out his attack on the woman he abducted from Carlow. Before Jo Jo Dullard disappeared, she told a friend on the phone that she had missed her bus and was attempting to hitch a ride home. Later on in the conversation, Jo Jo hung up the phone, saying that a lift had finally arrived. She was never seen again. Although all of this was circumstantial evidence, it was enough to make Larry Murphy the prime suspect in the disappearence of these women. It was too much of coincidence that someone as cold, calculative and sadistic as Murphy lived and worked close to the areas that all of these women went missing from.

Before Murphy was arrested for his brutal attack on the woman he abducted from Carlow, the Operation Trace team, with the help of the FBI Behavioral Science Unit, the Police Academy in Britain and several other international experts, concluded that the person they were looking for was a man in his mid-30s who was married with children and possibly without a criminal record. Larry Murphy fit this profile to a tee

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭cutymonalisa

If that uber b@stard is in a Garda Station right now moaning that he cant go anywhere I hope the guards are sitting laughing at him, or better still he gets a few slaps. Seriously though it will be interesting to see where he goes in the next 24hrs.

His victim and the families of the 3 missing women must be going through hell tonight, as if they havent been to hell and back already.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 bimbar

very interesting Snyper - where is the link to this article?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 613 ✭✭✭4Sheets

His bro is on the TV now..feel sorry for them ....they are stigmatized for life because of his actions...yeah best if he leaves the country surely the Antarctica could use another meteorologist ..pity the country that has to take him...they should have shipped him straight off..its a media circus at this stage..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

4Sheets wrote: »
    His bro is on the TV now..feel sorry for them ....they are stigmatized for life because of his actions...yeah best if he leaves the country surely the Antarctica could use another meteorologist ..pity the country that has to take him...they should have shipped him straight off..its a media circus at this stage..

They're making it worse for all the families than it needs to be. Utterly disgraceful really. What Murphy done is unforgivable but the whole thing is being devalued by the media atm

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement