Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Larry Murphy (Read mod note on post 1 before posting)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 685 ✭✭✭Carlos_Ray

Kasabian wrote: »
    I think you'll find that in most people's minds he has been tried and convicted of the deaths of all these missing women.

Sadly we may never know what became of them.

Its times like this we need the likes of lugs Branigan to pummel the truth out of this serial killer...evil man

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭Kasabian

the man paid his debt to society and should be left alone
    alll the media attention will probaly get him killed

And your problem with that is ? :pac:

I don't condone killing .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,822 ✭✭✭iPlop

:)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭Rabidlamb

Oh dear, what a pity, never mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Susannahmia

We can only hope :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,068 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Nah.. people are all talk, nobody here posting that they'd kill him would even contemplate it if presented with the opportunity

All the media storm is going to do is make him run off to the continent somewhere where nobody knows him, and nobody can monitor what he's doing

• Registered Users Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭onemorechance

Not the any society I want to be part of!

I never get that phrase... "paid his debt" as if its just like clearing his credit card bill. The man is extremely dangerous and is more than likely a serial killer.If it wasn't for weaknesses in our judical system he'd have been locked away for ever. All the women in his vicinity (or in Ireland) would sleep better if he was killed, and thats a fact.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭saywhatyousee

10 years is a long time to be in jail i think the sentence was fair
    (that just what i think i dont want to be getting bogged down in arguments with people)

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭Cakes and Ale

Unfortunate concurrence in Irish Times page just now...

http://i38.tinypic.com/53jqms.jpg

• Advertisement

Carlos_Ray wrote: »
    Its times like this we need the likes of lugs Branigan to pummel the truth out of this serial killer...evil man

I can't agree with this as I don't agree with water boarding either.

What I would like to know is why the ineffectual bastards in the Dail haven't done more to protect people from animals of this ilk and persusion.

I believe he will die at the hands of others but I also feel that this would be terrible for the families of the missing women as they deserve closure .

This animal looks the most likely candidate as the person responsible for their disappearance. Sadly if he dies so does the mystery of these girls unless they find something that ties him or another to their murdersdisapperance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭wicklowstar

Personally all of the media coverage and facebooking crap makes me uneasy..

I dont agree with the media hunting anyone down..
    Surely that is the job of the gardai, to watch him closely but quietly.

Its all a novelty at the moment, and the media will give up.

It will be the problem of whatever community he settles in.

I hope nobody kills him, because whatever small hope of him leading the gardai to the site of the girls bodies would be gone..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

Banned for trolling.

not enough 'thanks' in the world

(that just what i think i dont want to be getting bogged down in arguments with people)

There's nothing fair about his life, or the lives of the people he destroyed. If reports are true, he's eating fast food and strolling around town while at least 6 corpses are rotting somewhere in the wicklow mountains.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭CavanCrew

You make me angry.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,598 ✭✭✭✭prinz

10 years is a long time to be in jail i think the sentence was fair (that just what i think i dont want to be getting bogged down in arguments with people)

Must assume that this is an attempt at humour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭herisson

makes me sick that would let him out so early

he still had 5 years left on his sentence. Just because he was a "good prisoner" doesnt mean 5 years of his sentence should be dropped...it should have nothing to do with it!! :mad:

hes a dangerous criminal who is a threat to women......my dad is being protective over me, my mam and my sister i dont blame him at all it makes me nervous not knowing for certain where he is. Some reports are saying he is going to live in spain some in Carlow some in wicklow!! its getting ridiculous. I know my dad will become worse with him watching over us if he does move to Carlow....

i know i sound really freaked out over this but i have good reason he is dangerous and could strike again.....i know thats an extreme suggestion but its the truth it could happen

You don't want to argue it , because deep down you don't believe it yourself . You just wanted to post for effect :mad:

Sad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 corruptgovt

Sorry man didn mean to ignore ur query im a bit under the weather so must of missed that. I cant imagine that he can be picked up as he was questioned in relation to those other disapearance's already. Unless new evidence comes to light you cant just keep lifting someone for the same crimes, and in regards to the emergency forum i wasnt aware there was one.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,551 ✭✭✭baldbear

The Irish judicial system is broken and needs to be fixed.
    Murphy should of served the full 15 years, early release for him was a slap in the face to his victim.
    Look at that piece of shít Gerald Barry in Galway who raped a french girl, and got out on bail even though the guards objected and went on to kill Manuela Riedo. The system is wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭R P McMurphy

There is a touch of brass eye coverage to all of this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭Morlar

Just out of curiosity would you be comfortable defending that position if you were to bump into the victim who was multiply raped, brutally assaulted and who he would have killed had he not been interrupted by pure total fluke ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Pretty high profile case.

I reckon he`ll be dead by christmas

Morlar wrote: »
    Just out of curiosity would you be comfortable defending that position if you were to bump into the victim who was multiply raped, brutally assaulted and who he would have killed had he not been interrupted by pure total fluke ?

Lets not forget that this woman was so brutalised she begged the bastard to kill her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

regards to the emergency forum i wasnt aware there was one.

Thats why I pointed you in their direction - cool guys & girls, except the moderators :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,822 ✭✭✭iPlop

Tv3 are reporting on there website that larry murphy is leaving the country on a flight tonight

http://www.tv3.ie/news.php

news update video

Sorry man didn mean to ignore ur query im a bit under the weather so must of missed that. I cant imagine that he can be picked up as he was questioned in relation to those other disapearance's already. Unless new evidence comes to light you cant just keep lifting someone for the same crimes, and in regards to the emergency forum i wasnt aware there was one.

Thanks for the clarification but I am sure that there is a way around that if someone showed a bit of imagination. Sadly we lack that at the top of most all public services in this country.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

...All the media storm is going to do is make him run off to the continent somewhere where nobody knows him, and nobody can monitor what he's doing
    I'd be very surprised if he don't run to another country.
    That said, with such a high profile at the moment and his name now on all top lists of undesirables - what's the chance of he being sent back, turned around by most modern countries as soon as he lands at their airports?

I know a lot of states will might let him in but I'm more inclined to think it it will be ones that are of lesser informed of his history and/or just don't care as much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭wicklowstar

Has there been any statements from gov? Or any authoritive figure about his release

Just curious

• Advertisement

Tv3 are reporting on there website that larry murphy is leaving the country on a flight tonight

http://www.tv3.ie/news.php

news update video

TV3 are the Lahm of broadcasting.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement