Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Larry Murphy (Read mod note on post 1 before posting)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭saywhatyousee

i just dont think a media witch hunt is goin to do anything good.
    in ireland at the moment its trial by media not trial by courts anymore.
    it has never been proven the case's with the other girls so if your goin using that against him it's nulll and void

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭Kasabian

Biggins wrote: »
    I'd be very surprised if he don't run to another country.
    That said, with such a high profile at the moment and his name now on all top lists of undesirables - what's the chance of he being sent back, turned around by most modern countries as soon as he lands at their airports?

I know a lot of states will might let him in but I'm more inclined to think it it will be ones that are of lesser informed of his history and/or just don't care as much.

The Spanish will take anyone :pac:

At least thats what I am banking on

• Registered Users Posts: 14,598 ✭✭✭✭prinz

it has never been proven the case's with the other girls so if your goin using that against him it's nulll and void

10 years is not a fair sentence for the crime was caught red handed doing nevermind if he was suspected of as much as jay-walking besides.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭wicklowstar

Kasabian wrote: »
    TV3 are the Lahm of broadcasting.

Grrrr... I hate tv3 news.
    Its like the Sun newspaper in tv form
    All its missing is page 3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 corruptgovt

no worries man, ya i agree some senior management havent a clue as they never consult rank and file members, some things will never change. I feel sorry for those women in the UK if murphy heads there at least we know what he looks like.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Carlos_Ray wrote: »
    There's nothing fair about his life, or the lives of the people he destroyed. If reports are true, he's eating fast food and strolling around town while at least 6 corpses are rotting somewhere in the wicklow mountains.

He's been found guilty of those murders then has he? :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,822 ✭✭✭iPlop

Guilty,Guilty,Guilty!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 272 ✭✭angelxx

baldbear wrote: »
    The Irish judicial system is broken and needs to be fixed.
    Murphy should of served the full 15 years, early release for him was a slap in the face to his victim.
    Look at that piece of shít Gerald Barry in Galway who raped a french girl, and got out on bail even though the guards objected and went on to kill Manuela Riedo. The system is wrong.
    Exactly, The case of Manuela Rieda should have shown the danger of releasing
    these criminals, He should have to sign in at a garda station every day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭genericguy

Tv3 are reporting on there website that larry murphy is leaving the country on a flight tonight

http://www.tv3.ie/news.php

news update video

i'd love to throw a fcuk into that newsreader, she's a fox.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,598 ✭✭✭✭prinz

Irrelevant. The justice system has failed as it is. As such, no it's not fair that he's out and about in Dublin today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,715 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

what about his sentences running concurrently? also the guy getting remission because he was of good behaviour. good behaviour should mean seeking treatment. you may argue given he's quite likely to be a psychopath that you can't cultivate empathy in people like him, but neverthless part of the criteria for deeming someone eligible for remission of their sentence should be there willingness to engage in treatment while behind bars.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

angelxx wrote: »
    Exactly, The case of Manuela Rieda should have shown the danger of releasing these criminals, He should have to sign in at a garda station every day.

I've been saying this to everyone. The guards got soooo lucky that those two hunters came across Larry Murphy in the process of murdering that woman, as they had got nowhere near catching him.. The Irish "justice" system could even convict and sentence him properly.. out after ten years for what he did???

I dont give a fuk about his rights.. what about the rights of decent people not to be raped and murdered by him? In many countries he would have been executed, and rightly so. But at the very least, he should be kept behind bars for life, and given serious counselling.

There are reasons why Peter Sutcliffe, Ian Huntely, Ian Brady, Ted Bundy, Charles Manson etc etc were NOT released from prison..

prinz wrote: »
    Irrelevant. The justice system has failed as it is. As such, no it's not fair that he's out and about in Dublin today.

Who said anything about fair?

He hasn't been found guilty or is even suspected of those disappearances/murders by anyone but a bunch of rabble rousers and keyboard warriors.

He committed a horrendous crime, got a prison sentence, has served it and is now out. Where exactly has the justice system failed? If you want to live in a reasonably-civilised western-style democracy, you have to put up with the fact that he can't be kept in indefinitely, or executed for his crime.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

He committed a horrendous crime, got a prison sentence, has served it and is now out. Where exactly has the justice system failed? If you want to live in a reasonably-civilised western-style democracy, you have to put up with the fact that he can't be kept in indefinitely, or executed for his crime.

He commited a horrendous crime and got a sentence(which was FAR too short in the first place) and did not serve all of it.

THAT is why the justice system has failed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

He committed a horrendous crime, got a prison sentence, has served it and is now out. Where exactly has the justice system failed?

Society should be protected from dangerous people. Our government considers the civil rights of rapists and murderers ahead of the right to life of decent people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭Morlar

If you want to live in a reasonably-civilised western-style democracy, you have to put up with the fact that he can't be kept in indefinitely, or executed for his crime.

This is an opinion not a fact.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭Pedro K

Concurrent sentencing is a virus. It basically gives people an incentive to commit more crimes. "Ah sure, I've killed one person, I may as well kill another because the sentences will run side by side anyway".

He was actually sentenced to something in the region of 90 years, but because of concurrent sentencing, he's out now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭Morlar

Pedro K wrote: »
    Concurrent sentencing is a virus. It basically gives people an incentive to commit more crimes. "Ah sure, I've killed one person, I may as well kill another because the sentences will run side by side anyway".

He was actually sentenced to something in the region of 90 years, but because of concurrent sentencing, he's out now.

Had he done this in america those concurrents would be consecutive. With no guaranteed '25% off deal' either.

TV3 are doing a Larry Murphy special (with his brother) at 7.30 this evening...

They are like leeches...
    Just interested in scaring people!
    What more do we need to know that they have to tell us?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭aDeener

OJ wasn't found guilty either.... :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

aDeener wrote: »
    OJ wasn't found guilty either.... :rolleyes:

After a court case. The tabloids are just fueling another frenzy here because that's how they sell papers.

I'm not looking to defend this scumbag, but thinking he should be strung up because the Sun or the Sunday World thinks he might have done it. :rolleyes:

What about every other rapist that's been released from prison this year, where's the mob fury over them? You'll have forgotten this in a couple of months.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭SuperInfinity

Larry Murphy isn't going to do anything, come on guys. He would be caught straightaway and put back in, do you think he LIKED his jail time?

Even if he did there would be 0.00000000001% chance that the person would be you. There are much more realistic things to be worried and paranoid about like getting killed in a car accident.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,689 ✭✭✭Kasabian

Larry Murphy isn't going to do anything, come on guys.

Even if he did there would be 0.00000000001% chance that the person would be you. There are much more realistic things to be worried and paranoid about.

That 0.00000000001% of a chance is too much

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

Even if he did there would be 0.00000000001% chance that the person would be you. There are much more realistic things to be worried and paranoid about.

Thats sorta missing the point

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭Niche market

Imo, he should NOT have been let out today! He may have served his time in prison and payed his dues in the eyes of the law but while in prison he refused to participate in any of the rehabilitation programmes offered to him... which just proves that he is not ready to be released and shows that he was simply just biting his time until he was released!!! And what makes things worse is that we have no idea where he is... its stupidity that the tagging system was never introduced here.. he should have been be tagged on release so the guards know where he is at all times... yet another fail by the irish justice system!!!! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ColeTrain

Even if he did there would be 0.00000000001% chance that the person would be you. There are much more realistic things to be worried and paranoid about like getting killed in a car accident.

It's my family I care about. That girl could have been related to you or what about the girls he was alleged to have killed, they weren't so lucky to have two men come to their aid.

I am glad there has been a fuss kicked up about this p*ick, the tougher it is for him to peacefully live out his years the better.

Larry Murphy isn't going to do anything, come on guys. He would be caught straightaway and put back in, do you think he LIKED his jail time?

How are you to know that he wont do anything?
    Maybe the media will drive him to do something to get back into prison?
    Nobody knows

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Jeboa Safari

After a court case. The tabloids are just fueling another frenzy here because that's how they sell papers.

I'm not looking to defend this scumbag, but thinking he should be strung up because the Sun or the Sunday World thinks he might have done it. :rolleyes:

What about every other rapist that's been released from prison this year, where's the mob fury over them? You'll have forgotten this in a couple of months.

Thats not why people think he should be strung up, its because he's an evil vicious ****

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭skelliser

without knowing precisely what the danger is, i would say it's time for us to crack each other's heads open and feast on the goo inside!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭30H!3

skelliser wrote: »
    without knowing precisely what the danger is, i would say it's time for us to crack each other's heads open and feast on the goo inside!

Haven't heard that said on this thread yet... well done old chap!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement