Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things you just don't get.

Options
1192021222325»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭ederkeh

Budweiser drinkers

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭dr ro

x factory. Anything that gets walshe and cowell on tv.(apart from harry hill). Ashley cole, john terry. R.t.e. Eircom. N.t.l. Strictly come dancing big brother i'm a celeb etc. Rupert murdoch sky fox bill o'reilly. Red hot chilli peppers. R.e.m. Rolling stones. Stone roses. Ian brown. The gallaghers(not shameless ones) especially liam. J kay. Football diving, drogba. Italians, Ronaldo rooney rio gary neville big sam, rangers or celtic? Both. F.a.i Fifa fair play, post goal scoring dancing footballers. Jobs worths. Bus drivers, bad drivers who don't think driving is important enough to concentrate on, drivers who change lane for no reason, and don't when they should. Why my internet connection, modem, isp, laptop or os slows and which one is it. Trojans worms spyware malware. Cronyism, gombeenism jobs for the boys fianna fail fianna gael labour sinn fein pds greens independents. Brian cowen mary harney willie o'dea the healy rea's bertie ahern charlie mccreavey charlie haughey. Financial regulator, reckless banks. Seanie, fingers. m50 too narrow port tunnel too low, luas not connected, all tolled. The o2, the aviva. Cliffs of moher visitor centre and car park fees, pps hotel room prices, only in ireland. Private sector public sector. The public. Private health insurance paying out for treatment not recieved. Compo culture, welfare culture, greed, rip off, tesco. Generalisation. That's all.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

dr ro wrote: »
    x factory. Anything that gets walshe and cowell on tv.(apart from harry hill). Ashley cole, john terry. R.t.e. Eircom. N.t.l. Strictly come dancing big brother i'm a celeb etc. Rupert murdoch sky fox bill o'reilly. Red hot chilli peppers. R.e.m. Rolling stones. Stone roses. Ian brown. The gallaghers(not shameless ones) especially liam. J kay. Football diving, drogba. Italians, Ronaldo rooney rio gary neville big sam, rangers or celtic? Both. F.a.i Fifa fair play, post goal scoring dancing footballers. Jobs worths. Bus drivers, bad drivers who don't think driving is important enough to concentrate on, drivers who change lane for no reason, and don't when they should. Why my internet connection, modem, isp, laptop or os slows and which one is it. Trojans worms spyware malware. Cronyism, gombeenism jobs for the boys fianna fail fianna gael labour sinn fein pds greens independents. Brian cowen mary harney willie o'dea the healy rea's bertie ahern charlie mccreavey charlie haughey. Financial regulator, reckless banks. Seanie, fingers. m50 too narrow port tunnel too low, luas not connected, all tolled. The o2, the aviva. Cliffs of moher visitor centre and car park fees, pps hotel room prices, only in ireland. Private sector public sector. The public. Private health insurance paying out for treatment not recieved. Compo culture, welfare culture, greed, rip off, tesco. Generalisation. That's all.

This isn't a thread about things you don't like.

So I guess you should add 'the english language' to that list of yours.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,555 ✭✭✭DublinWriter

dr ro wrote: »

...it's the end of the word as we know it...

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭dr ro

bah

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Fred2010

MALE PRIDE and the need to tip toe around it to stop it from shattering into tiny glass fragments that will cut you to shreds. GRRRRRRR

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

I don't get why non-smokers feel the need to constantly tell smokers how bad smoking is. Smokers know how bad it is, they choose to do it anyway. All this, "You're gonna die cos you smoke" is stupid. Everyone is going to die eventually. Yes, non-smokers have a better chance at longevity than smokers, but if people want to smoke, who cares? They hardly need to hear people going on about the health risks all the time. And non-smokers die everyday too anyway.

Let them off. Live and let live.

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭Gary4279

Because we have to breath that ****e when your done huffing on it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭Banji

InTheTrees wrote: »
    I dont get how people "like" commercial pop music.

I mean they dont actually "like" it do they? They just dont have enough knowledge or discernment to dislike it so they're just enduring it.

So whats so popular or commercial about it?

The majority must like it or else it wouldn't be popular, right? I'd rather hear pop music on the radio than a specific genre (lets say heavy metal). Pop music is pop music because it's easy to listen to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭Nolanger

When buying something in a newsagent why do you always have to ask for a receipt?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Pookah

I don't get people who ask for receipts, in a newsagents.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

Star Wars. Three good movies about a million years ago, and people are still banging on about them.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭HornyDevil

Women with hairy nipples / armpits / and other bits!

urrghhhhh . . . yuk

BadHair.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭lil_lisa

"rain check" and "and then some".

Every time I hear these two phrases, I have to think about what they mean, I don't know why I just can't seem to grasp the concept of them :-/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,166 ✭✭✭enda1

Pookah wrote: »
    I don't get people who ask for receipts, in a newsagents.

Business expenses.
    I only do it when on a business trip.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭BumbleB

Assagne is revealing secrets concerning groups not acting in a morally correct way yet he is branded the " terrorist" wtf do people have a brain in their head ?.

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭snazzy

People who go to gigs and just stand there.

You have just paid a fair amount of money to go see a band you supposedly like so why just stand there with your arms folded, a blank face and an air that seems to say "I may as well be staring at paint dry".

I was up the front for Arcade Fire there earlier in the week, best gig of my life, everyone around me having a great time, singing, dancing, having a bit of an ole bop but generally very polite and not a big shovy.
    Wan' behind me then looked at the band with nothing on her face and looked pissed off whenever people jumped around or sang along. :mad:

SO WHY WERE YOU THERE, YOU MOODY COW???

The mind reels.

:confused::confused::confused::confused:

Advertisement