Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things you just don't get.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Why do eejits go out on a wet day wearing only a shirt or a light jumper:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭Keith186

Laid.

Edit: typo, I meant paid. Don't get paid enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 697 ✭✭✭gent9662

The Green Party

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭Nolanger

When you're in a Burger King/McDonalds and the place is empty. A few minutes later someone comes in, gets their food, and sits at the table beside you when there are about twenty other empty tables?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭Eutow

Chewing Gum. About as appealing as eating a sugar coated rubber band.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭falan

Adro947 wrote: »
    Suicide bombers. Like really what the f**k? Blowing yourself up in order to kill other people. You won't even get to see the result of what you do (which will result in **** all). Really shows you who is truly stupid in the world.

These suicide bombers really p*ss me off blowing themselves up. Whatever happened to good ole gentleman terrorists who would quietly pop a bomb under a table and leave without making a song and dance about it.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭Truley

I don't *get* how people like sushi so much. I tried it and it was ikky.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 carrigrock

high heels.

just. don't. get. it.

i won't admit it in real life, because practically every girl i know wears them, but i judge people for wearing heels. when a girl i've hung out with and i think is cool shows up in heels all of a sudden, she loses cool points. and i don't care if they claim "they're actually really comfy" or "i can run faster in my heels than i can in my flats at this stage!" or ESPECIALLY "they make me feel powerful".
    gimme a break and put on some real shoes.
    r u kiddingg girls look sexy as hell wit them:p:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 xxLadyxx

carrigrock wrote: »
    r u kiddingg girls look sexy as hell wit them:p:p

They make our legs look longer aswell as sexier :p

I dont get :

- Lettuce (grass leaves? Really?!)

- the endless hours grown men spend on a stupid playstation??

- rude/ignorant people?

- feet (ewwwwww!)

- people asking what something is on a website forum ( emm . . google?!)

- people (men and suprisingly some women) picking their nose in their car (do they think being in a car makes you invisible?!)

- kids in cars without a seatbelt :mad: drives me nuts, cop on

- why people like Cher Llyod (xfactor)

- & Cheryl Cole

- chocolate spread on bread

- algebra

- why some men spend about an hour in the bathroom fixing their hair & looking in the mirror

- smelly people

- why Yorkies are a 'man' bar of chocolate

LOADS more, but I'm tired - i'll be back!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Why people like the X-Factor. Its a popularity contest, not a talent show.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

Women and their expensive handbags!

Watched the wife buy a small leather designer bag in bt one day, cost four hundred euro!
    Then watched in amazement as the sales assistant placed the handbag into a cotton bag which she got for 'free' I didn't get this for 2 reasons.

Why spend that money on a bag for holding stuff, when obviously the free one will do same job?
    Who the flock do they think it impresses?

I've had the same bag now for 34 years, and while it may be slightly wrinkled, its always served me fine and faithfully!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭TeletextPear

'Reverse' racism/sexism. Like there are 'women only' gyms and that's fine but there was uproar a while back over a 'male members only' golf club.
    Or how Black Entertainment TV (BET) is up and running, but if you tried to start up White Entertainment TV the anti racism mob would be out with their torches and pitchforks. Why is it ok one way and not the other!? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 45 Doneg Al

Things i JUST dont get

1. Why people watch the X Factor!!? Since when is Karaoke so popular! "Cheryls going to win this year!"
    NO! Simon Cowell wins, everybody else loses. Especially my ears my Facebook news feed and humanity in general.

2. Rice Cakes. Basically styrofoam. Absolutely pointless.

3. Why women insist on making men do sh1t we dont want to do! "I got you a ticket to go see The Script with me!" I f*cking hate them, you KNOW i hate them yet you choose to bring ME ahead of all your own friends who actually like them. Then my favourite part is the trip home, when you refuse to talk to me because i didnt love the gig.

4. Twilight Saga. Absolute garbage on EVERY level, yet people seem to love it! The one thing Twilight needs is an appearence by Blade.

5.The Kings of Leons new album..... I just dont get it! You promised you would rock in this album!

6. Why women want to know what men are thinking. Here is a tip girls, if your man is sitting down in a world of his own with a blank expression on his face, there is a good chance he's thinking about absolutely f*ucking nothing. Or he's in some elaborate but childish fantasy where he is a ninja, and he's never going to admit that publically anyway.

7. The Chilean Miners. Miners trapped underground, FFS dig yourselves out! Its your job!

8. I dont understand why Cristiano Ronaldo hasnt come out of the closet yet.

9. Glee. Nearly as evil as x-factor. Fans of the show have started calling themselves Gleeks. I prefer c*nts, or Glee bags. It took The Beatles 35years to get 72 entries in the billboard top 100, Glee did it in 1 season. That basically sums up todays music industry.

10. Speaking of toilet paper. I JUST dont get it! Why do we use it?? It may seem like a bizarre question but ask yourself this, if you had s*it all over your hand, would you clean it by rubbing paper on it??

11. "Can i have a large double quarter pounder with cheese meal, and can i also get a 9 piece chicken nuggets on its own? And ill have a Caramel McFlurry too please. What drink? Umm a diet coke please"
    I just dont understand THAT diet coke! Why?? You just ordered a heart attack! The diet coke wont help you!

12. Moths. All they do is fly around at night bugging people! "Wow this party is great, its a LITTLE stuffy in here though, who dont you open a window? Oh thats right within seconds the room will be infested by Moths"

13. Paying to use the LUAS. Whats the point?? I pay taxes, i already paid.

14. Facebook. Why am i so addicted??

15. James Joyce's Ulysses. WTF!!!?

16. Clowns. There are actually people who think clowns are entertaining! They arent! They are EVIL!

17. I dont understand why the Catholic church is against gay marriage? Jesus had two dads! He turned out ok!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭TeletextPear

Doneg Al wrote: »

11. "Can i have a large double quarter pounder with cheese meal, and can i also get a 9 piece chicken nuggets on its own? And ill have a Caramel McFlurry too please. What drink? Umm a diet coke please"
    I just dont understand THAT diet coke! Why?? You just ordered a heart attack! The diet coke wont help you!

Some people don't like the taste of regular coke? :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Tucking trousers into socks. Looks bloody ridiculous.

Indie music. And hipsters too for that matter.

Reality TV, just seems mindless to me.

Twilight. I read the first book, it was just plain awful.

Glee. They ruined Journey!

People who badger you about their religious beliefs constantly (atheist included). I don't believe in anything, go away.

Dance music, it just seems like the same thing being re-hashed over and over.

Lady Gaga. Don't see the "talent" at all.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,453 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shenshen

1) Fashion
    And everything associated with it. I don't get why women want to dress up like lampshares and christmas trees, I don't get the appeal of orange skin or bleached hair, I don't get heels that are near as high as a the person wearing them (don't get me wrong, I like a bit of heel on my shoes, but there are shoes out there you could use a step-ladders!), I don't get tiny expensive handbags, Freddy-Kruger-memorial fingernails, I just don't get any of it.
    And I don't get blokes fashion either... surely there must be some individuals out there with normal-length hair, and normal plain jeans? And trainers that don't look like a lunar landing module?

2) Cars.
    Cars are tools to get you from A to B with the least amount of hassle. They don't make anyone look "cool", and if you're not a farmer what the f*ck are you doing driving a 4X4 that would make a tank go and hide in embarasment?
    And why the hell would anybody spend more money on a car that can go faster? Have you eejits SEEN Irish roads? You're lucky to make 100km/h on some streches.

3) Vegetarian options in restaurants
    Listen, if you don't WANT vegetarians in your restaurants, just say so. But giving one vegetarian option is worse than none. People will drag their vegetarian friends and family to the place because, "sure look there's something you can eat", and if you happen to not really like aubegine and goat's cheese you're f*cked.
    And no, fish is not vegetarian.
    At least give us a fecking choice!

4) People hating animals
    I simply don't get that. Yes, there are animals I like to keep my distance from, such as dogs and spiders, but do I go out of my way to be cruel to them or fantasize about killing them? How sick would you have to be?

5) People assuming that humans should take precedence over animals
    I get why you think that, but why would you think I should think that, too? I don't particularly like most people, and appart from one incident, every negative experience I had in my life was with people.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

Men wearing earrings and necklaces! If you want to be a woman get a sex change :eek:

kingtut wrote: »
    Men wearing earrings and necklaces! If you want to be a woman get a sex change :eek:

Huh?
    Last time I checked, jewellery had nothing to do with reproductive organs. Some strange fetish you've got there...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭--Kaiser--

Doneg Al wrote: »

6. Why women want to know what men are thinking. Here is a tip girls, if your man is sitting down in a world of his own with a blank expression on his face, there is a good chance he's thinking about absolutely f*ucking nothing. Or he's in some elaborate but childish fantasy where he is a ninja, and he's never going to admit that publically anyway.

So true

• Registered Users Posts: 46 JayJay10

I dont get

Coke Zero and Diet Coke, maybe its just me but what the F**K is the difference there both just Coke without as much added sugar

(Probably been mentioned about 50 times do far) X Factor, i mean seriously lets set a side the fact that its just a glorified karaoke talent show, but why does everyone just nod as they get the reaction from the judges and as soon as they come to Simon Cowell they either break down, start crying, screem, or jump around as silly dramatic music is been played in the background, and Jedward???? Vagnor??? if there talented then my shower singing is totally going to waste!!:D

World Of Warcraft, I could talk for hours about things that are wrong with this game but lets just say if i ever did play it or know how to mod on a PC i would most likely have a mob of 40 year old nerds knocking on my door to complain (oh wait!! they would probably just leave me negative feedback and abusive messages instead cos thats just ten times worse than actually hunting someone down!:rolleyes:)

Parents who think their kids go to these discos to skate around and dance!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭Glenbhoy

JayJay10 wrote: »
    I dont get

Coke Zero and Diet Coke, maybe its just me but what the F**K is the difference there both just Coke without as much added sugar
    Some people acquired a liking for Diet Coke, but it doesn't actually taste like Coke. Zero does taste like Coke, therefore tastes nothing like Diet Coke.
    Thus they taste completely different to each other.

Glenbhoy wrote: »
    Some people acquired a liking for Diet Coke, but it doesn't actually taste like Coke. Zero does taste like Coke, therefore tastes nothing like Diet Coke.

I have to disagree. Zero doesn't taste like Coke, it's got the same sickly-oversweet-and-bitter artificial sweetener taste to it that Diet Coke has, too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭ottostreet

Shenshen wrote: »
    2) Cars.
    Cars are tools to get you from A to B with the least amount of hassle. They don't make anyone look "cool", and if you're not a farmer what the f*ck are you doing driving a 4X4 that would make a tank go and hide in embarasment?
    And why the hell would anybody spend more money on a car that can go faster? Have you eejits SEEN Irish roads? You're lucky to make 100km/h on some streches.

Shoes are bits of material you put on your feet to keep ya from hurting yourself and keep your feet warm.

Handbags are basically big, removable pockets. Why the hell would anybody spend more money on a bag thats smaller and you STILL have to carry?

• Registered Users Posts: 46 JayJay10

Glenbhoy wrote: »

Ok when you put it like that.... no actually!! they still taste the same, as much as you try to explain it i just dont see the difference, i personally dont drink regular Coke because it just feels like im drinking a bottle of sugar and water but i wouldnt be bothered if my girlfriend brought home Coke Zero as the shop was out of Diet Coke cos as i said it s just the same in my eyes

ottostreet wrote: »
    Shoes are bits of material you put on your feet to keep ya from hurting yourself and keep your feet warm.

Handbags are basically big, removable pockets. Why the hell would anybody spend more money on a bag thats smaller and you STILL have to carry?

I absolutely agree.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,925 ✭✭✭th3 s1aught3r

Why people who are not religious and dont go to church still insist on having a church wedding !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭stiffler123

Why Paul Mcshane is allowed play for Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭ottostreet

Shenshen wrote: »
    I absolutely agree.

Well, that backfired.

I'd have to disagree with ya on the car thing. Yes, cars are a tool. But they are a fundamental tool, and one we need to use every day. Why can't we use one that is genuinely nice, and a pleasure to drive?

It is your attitude that has terrible cars like Nissan Tiidas and Renault Meganes on the road. I'm not attacking you by the way, I just don't agree that something we use, and is important to us every day can be viewed in such a black and white way!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭dancingqueen

I don't get when people can't have basic manners. If I hold a door open for you, say thanks you ignorant p****

People smoking in hoards outside the door of a pub. Can't you step away further please? I don't NEED to be breathed on with your chemicals and cancer as I'm entering a doorway. Yuck. AND light it OUTSIDE!!

Obsessing about your weight in work for days on end, then coming in on Monday with a tub of lettuce and a bag of Manhattan popcorn because you had, wait for it, "a fry on Sunday morning" shock horror. I don't want to hear your crappy stories, if you can't drum up enough willpower not to eat a heart attack on a plate, then keep it to yourself. I DON'T CARE! (and I'm secretly happy you are jealous of my tiny frame - bitchy? :p )

Don't walk your dog, watch it poop and then walk away... pick it up please. I doubt you'd be as happy if you walked in my dog's excrement and brought it all around your house would you? Gross

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭Pace2008

People who think 3 seconds of exposure to tobacco smoke contributes to cancer.

Advertisement