Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things you just don't get.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭The Highwayman

orourkeda wrote: »
    Cheap and Violent anal

As opposed to expensive and loving?

Did you have a rough and poor film maker of a bf?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭The Highwayman

GopErthike wrote: »
    I don't get this---

It's a nervous reaction by people who are not as cool/calm or confident about flying as most people are.
    Why do people get so worked up about these things.

I just don't get how everyone isn't as perfect as me. Some people are so pathetic...................raises eyes to heaven.......

....... are you one of the clapping gimps?

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭GopErthike

....... are you one of the clapping gimps?

I have never done it in the past.

Nor did I do it with a bit of whooping, finished with a big surprised/happy face.

Oh how that would bug people.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

people who complain about people not protesting yet they won't do anything themselves

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

How come ads on the telly are at a much higher volume than the programmes. Channel 4 is the worst, you have to keep turning the volume down when the ads come on then back up when they finish.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,342 ✭✭✭✭starlit

1. Religion
    2. How people are able to learn to drive in a few months and pass there test and get their driving licence no problem compared to the suckers who are learning for yonks
    3. How people who managed to not have to do a driving test in the 1960's and not have to do one since! Its frustrating trying to learn to drive from them who haven't done a test and its frustrating that they got away without having to do a test and not be compulsory for them to do one now even if they have a full licence
    4. Why people impulse buy and buy rubbish, spend money without thinking about yet that concept has probably died down a bit since the recession
    5. Why students aren't happy with what results they get in there exams whether college/leaving cert/junior cert and end up getting top notch results and still aren't happy cause they didn't reach their target. They should be happy they passed and got a realistic result. If they got 550 odd points or more or less and aren't happy yet wanting to get more than that or needing more for a course they should be happy to have achieved that number of points. Not every one can achieve as high as that! They should be grateful for what ever they get. Passing is more important.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,039 ✭✭✭MJ23

I dont get.....................
    - Text someone and they ring you back
    - Idiots who would die for some silly English soccer team, and they've never even been to a game
    - Why Cork people say Cork is "the real capital like"
    - Why Cork people say "like" 20 times in every sentence, and "d'ye knoooow liiike"
    - Why Ryan Tubridy never tops going on about twitter, fúckin dork
    - Why people think Brendan O Carroll is funny
    - Why young ones have to scream and giggle all day
    - How tinkers are able to drive in brand new vans, when they cant read, have no licences, have no tax or insurance on the vans either
    - How its almost €9 now for 20 smokes
    - How Robbie Williams is still in the closet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭Eutow

Why the previous Liverpool manager continually picked Lucas Leiva.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

Men!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭Banji

MJ23 wrote: »
    I dont get.....................
    - Text someone and they ring you back

Yep. That's really annoying. If I text, it's because I couldn't/didn't want to ring!:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭GopErthike

Eutow wrote: »
    Why the previous Liverpool manager continually picked Lucas Leiva.

Good timing, he scored a cracker tonight. Maybe he reads this forum, and he wanted to prove a point.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,860 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

Men!

Why? Are you a minger??

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Hackysack

How come ads on the telly are at a much higher volume than the programmes. Channel 4 is the worst, you have to keep turning the volume down when the ads come on then back up when they finish.

Without trying to ruin the spirit of the thread,

This is due to the fact that most people tend to leave the room to go to the toilet or make themselves a cup of tea whenever ad breaks come on. So it's an advertising/marketing trick to make sure you still hear what they're trying to advertise.

:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭boarduser1980

why sucking a C*&k is called a Blow-job??:confused: you dont blow it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭Nolanger

Why when RTE has those stupid reconstructions in their TV documentaries it always says 'recontruction' on the screen yet you immediately know it's a bleedin' recontruction so why do they have to tell us?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 433 ✭✭Rocky_Dennis

Liverpool supporters thinking at the start of every season "this is our year":rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭rockmongrel

Hardy Bucks, it's not funny at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,379 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

I don't get why anyone over the age of 15 tries to use the "push/pull" technique (show they are interested, act disintersted, show interest...) as a way of getting someone to fancy them.

It's obvious and makes them look like a maniuplative B**ch/B****rd, which in fact, they are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭mcwhirter

guinness, its like drinking your own blended turtleheads

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭johnmcdnl

why facekicker was banned - he was a true legend and ye powers at boards banned him

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 well_laaad

Those strange little baseball caps that young guys wear.
    They perch them on up the very back of their skull, how on earth do they not blow off in the wind?

Willpower

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,214 ✭✭✭wonton

Nolanger wrote: »
    Why when RTE has those stupid reconstructions in their TV documentaries it always says 'recontruction' on the screen yet you immediately know it's a bleedin' recontruction so why do they have to tell us?

****! so that documentery about saint patrick wasnt real footage? ah bollox.....

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭BickNarry

Crusties.

Yer middle class, get over it. Cut off your dreadlocks and go have a shower. Stop hassling me in work about drink prices. Go get a ****in job like i did if you want another.Ye smell, get out of my pub.

And Dub Step isn't dub, its ****in nonsense.

I really don't like crusties.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭old_aussie

I don't get why people who live in glass houses throw stones

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 Teh Noob

The dedication behind watching TV series. Why would anyone sit in front of TV every day for years to watch something about as interesting as their own life, only made up?

Also, Mona Lisa. I see nothing special about her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭Nolanger

I don't understand why people say the director's name before certain movie titles e.g. 'Sofia Coppola's Virgin Suicides' but don't do this for other movies. Why don't people ever say 'Rob Minkoff's Stuart Little'?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

5. Why students aren't happy with what results they get in there exams whether college/leaving cert/junior cert and end up getting top notch results and still aren't happy cause they didn't reach their target. They should be happy they passed and got a realistic result. If they got 550 odd points or more or less and aren't happy yet wanting to get more than that or needing more for a course they should be happy to have achieved that number of points. Not every one can achieve as high as that! They should be grateful for what ever they get. Passing is more important.

They shouldn't be happy with mediocrity! They should be striving for higher and better points, especially if it's to do a course they want! It's not about being grateful because it's all on your own back, noone elses! Mediocrity is an OK thing to strive for!

• Registered Users Posts: 717 ✭✭✭Noodleworm

I agree a bit with the student thing, I mean everyone strives for top results, but someone got to come middle, If everyone was getting those top marks exams will be made more difficult.

What I don't get is students not having a back up plan and pinning all there hopes on that 580 points...

Also students picking courses not doing any research about them, then after accepting it going around asking "so what do we do? is it hard?"
    This is why I believe computing courses have such high drop out rates.

heck.. I just just go on and on about students

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

Dambant wrote: »
    why sucking a C*&k is called a Blow-job??:confused: you dont blow it?

Think it came from being called a "below-job".

• Advertisement
  • Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Most people's twitters. They just arent that interesting.

DeV.

Advertisement