Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things you just don't get.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭bonerjams03

Why following the 3200 Nokia decided to get rid of the torch they had. Ya held down the star button and got a torch, the single greatest thing to have happened phones everywhere and it was never to be seen again.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,838 ✭✭✭midlandsmissus

+1000

Post of the day.

In fact, that chick who won the Olympic medal, please forfeit and give to this guy

Ledge! :D And soooooooooooo-oooooooo-ooo true!

Maybe it's the relentless badgering/pressuring even after you say no? Which leads me on to what I don't get: men and sex. Men will ask you and literally pressurize you into having sex, but if you do give in you're wrong? i.e no respect for a 1 night stand. Agghh! And they say women are complicated. Men never say what they mean.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭Spunk84

A.D.D and A.D.H.D ...... i mean throw the kids out in back yard to play and stop them sitting in the house 24/7 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just another "poor" jonny or julie story for momma and daddy to cry about

Swear to god i think its the parents which are the problem, i remember running the fields during the summer to 9-10 oclock even sometimes later at nights with all my mates and had to be dragged into the house and now you drive around on nice summer nights and 90% of time no kids anywhere................................

Now there might be some reasons why not, but i bet most kids are in the house on the TV,Xbox,internet etc etc

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭martingore

Why do deli assistants wear those blue disposable gloves to make your sandwich , then proceed to take your money and then use the same gloves to make the next sambo..:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭stateofflux

cheque shirts
    ipads
    glee
    duke(joke) special
    skangers with bikes that have gears they'll never use
    un PC jokes that are not funny
    RTE 'Religious'
    the dissappearance of lion bars
    the return of 80's fashion crimes
    blackberries
    glenda gilson
    leprechauns

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭Saft Hans

cheque shirts
    ipads
    glee
    duke(joke) special
    skangers with bikes that have gears they'll never use
    un PC jokes that are not funny
    RTE 'Religious'
    the dissappearance of lion bars
    the return of 80's fashion crimes
    blackberries
    glenda gilson
    leprechauns

Are they gone???:eek::(:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

they get rid of lion bars and keep snickers.

ffs.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

people who will spend 200 euro for a dress to wear to a wedding, esp when they'll probably never wear it again because "everyone has seen it already"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Jay D

team name's chances are all 'but' over of another trophy after they were beaten 10-nil last night in the champion's league...

what the fook do you mean all BUT over? I would say they are in fact just over.

Am I missing something? What is this term in sports reporting on Irish radio supposed to mean exactly?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭mickydoomsux

IRcolm wrote: »
    Why following the 3200 Nokia decided to get rid of the torch they had. Ya held down the star button and got a torch, the single greatest thing to have happened phones everywhere and it was never to be seen again.

Um, my Nokia E63 does it when you hold down the spacebar.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭Four-Percent

Thanks wars...

When one person posts a point, possibly dripping with holier-than-thou-ness, and everyone who agrees with him thanks the post. Fair enough.

Then someone who disagrees with this point posts a retort, and they get a load of thanks from people who agree with them.This can go on and on, and the people with keep trying to make some kind of funny joke to get more thanks.

Eejits one and all...

Thanks wars...

When one person posts a point, possibly dripping with holier-than-thou-ness, and everyone who agrees with him thanks the post. Fair enough.

Then someone who disagrees with this point posts a retort, and they get a load of thanks from people who agree with them.This can go on and on, and the people with keep trying to make some kind of funny joke to get more thanks.

Eejits one and all...

I'm not thanking that.

Just in case you think i am.

In which case i'm still not.

There.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,565 ✭✭✭losthorizon

Facebook
    Texting - just ring me up
    Sun Holidays (like Costa del Sol, Bulgaria)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭Aoifey!

The word (or non-word) lol. Also, rofl, lmao and things along these lines. I'm pretty sure you are NOT in fact Rolling On the Floor Laughing or you wouldn't be typing now, would you? These are most annoying in sentences like "Be there in a minute lol", "Okay lol", etc, etc. I SAID NOTHING FUNNY!! SHUT UP!!

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭scouttio

jedward!! seriously! what the hell?

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭Wetai

Aoifey! wrote: »
    The word (or non-word) lol. Also, rofl, lmao and things along these lines. I'm pretty sure you are NOT in fact Rolling On the Floor Laughing or you wouldn't be typing now, would you?

http://myjadedmusings.files.wordpress.com/2010/06/lol-lmao-rflmao.jpg

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 3,372 Mod ✭✭✭✭andrew

People who 'connect' with animals. I'd never hurt one or anything, because they can still feel pain. But I don't get why people keep them as pets.

Why people buy Apple products. I kinda get it because they look nice, but even then I don't think that justifies the price premium.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭BOHtox

Jay D wrote: »
    team name's chances are all 'but' over of another trophy after they were beaten 10-nil last night in the champion's league...

what the fook do you mean all BUT over? I would say they are in fact just over.

Am I missing something? What is this term in sports reporting on Irish radio supposed to mean exactly?

They only say it during a match eg
    Team "A" are hammering team "B" 17 nil after 20minutes. Now there's no way team "b" will score 18 so that's when commentators say all but over.

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭[Rasta]

all those horrible hedges along irish roads that are keeping me from seeing the beautiful countryside :mad:. Seriously whats with that? Its so annoying, unless you are in a bus.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭Executive Steve

People who search for a 'deeper meaning' in things that are just designed for entertainment purposes, for example, novels and telly shows.

Presumably because you don't read the sort of novels that actually have deeper meanings though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Cheeky_gal

People who put on their indicators going around a roundabout that only has one other exit ha
    A prime example of this - airside - holywell

• Registered Users Posts: 393 ✭✭bonerjams03

Um, my Nokia E63 does it when you hold down the spacebar.

Weeeeelllll they must have seen my post.

I still don't get why it's not on more phones than it isn't.

Cheeky_gal wrote: »
    People who put on their indicators going around a roundabout that only has one other exit ha
    A prime example of this - airside - holywell

They could be going back the way they came.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Cheeky_gal

IRcolm wrote: »

They could be going back the way they came.

Haha i never actually thought of this, blonde moment! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 412 ✭✭Hackysack

How Dublin lost to Cork yesterday after having such a lead throughout most of the match. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭Pace2008

Hackysack wrote: »
    How Dublin lost to Cork yesterday after having such a lead throughout most of the match. :(
    The collective will of the rest of the nation. It's what's been keeping us from winning for the last 15 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Some new phone that's coming out can bring up a person's details (assuming they are programmed in) by the owner just passing them by on the street. Yah right, more like they'll have to stop them, ask them to look into the camera and then maybe, just maybe it'll know who they are.

What's the fooken point!?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,166 ✭✭✭enda1

Hackysack wrote: »

Cause they played horrible dirty football. Play the ball not the man. Don't give fouls away in your own 45.

Simple stuff really. Discipline prevailed.

BOHtox wrote: »
    They only say it during a match eg
    Team "A" are hammering team "B" 17 nil after 20minutes. Now there's no way team "b" will score 18 so that's when commentators say all but over.

No they do not.

2fm do it all the time after a match, in the morning and it doesn't make sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭[Rasta]

I don't get it why the CAO site was down, they were obviously just overloaded!
    Excess laziness among the Irish really makes me wonder sometimes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭veryangryman

Maybe it's the relentless badgering/pressuring even after you say no? Which leads me on to what I don't get: men and sex. Men will ask you and literally pressurize you into having sex, but if you do give in you're wrong? i.e no respect for a 1 night stand. Agghh! And they say women are complicated. Men never say what they mean.

Yes they do. In your example above, they declare their true intentions repeatedly.

Takes me onto my next "thing ill never get". Women's misuse of the phrase never. I have never heard a woman use that phrase and mean it.

When a man says never, he bloody well means it

Advertisement