Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things you just don't get.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭Pace2008

Saft Hans wrote: »
    I don't get people who judge people for liking pop music. I don't like it because everyone else likes it, I just like it. Do you think we are all eejits who can't think for ourselves? :rolleyes:
    I'm sure there are those who favour pop music simply because they like it, but it's no lucky coincidence that so many people's favourite artists at any given time are the ones that are on constant rotation on FM104. I think a good deal of the populace have no taste in music rather than a bad taste in music, and will take to whatever's thrown on their plate. I reckon if the music moguls decided to push hardcore breakbeats you'd be seeing it on the average punter's playlist.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭Nolanger

Why people think Lee Evans is funny.
    There's a British movie from the 1980s called Party Party and one character is very similar to Evans - looks, mannerisms, accent, etc. Seems he based his act on this guy?

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Tryst

Fake tan - its a pain to put on, its easy to turn out orange, it can stain your hands if you aren't careful and then it comes off patchy so you look like you have some weird skin disease for a few days and to top it all off it can be pretty expensive. Why use it at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Soswozere

Davidius wrote: »
    I don't get why people hate maths other than them being uncool.

I hate maths because I could never get the hang of it.. My brain goes spastic when someone tries explaining a mathematical equation to me. Studying maths gives me migrane, literally.

And yet I can see in theory that a knowledge of maths would be so valuable, and would open a new depth of understanding of other subjects.
    I'd love to be adept at maths, even the basics!

Alas, I both hate maths and am envious of those who can enjoy it!

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Soswozere

Nolanger wrote: »
    I don't understand why the Irish Catholic church is in crisis because of abuse scandals instead of people finally realising that there's no god :p

hahahahahaha very good! :D

Perhaps the church engineered this scandal to distract the doubting sheep from the more pressing matter of the sky-fairy not existing? ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Milk in tea

Fruit on a pizza especially pineapple.

Fake tan

Ronnies

Women who wear a short skirt and uggs then complain that it's too cold.

People who wear sunglasses indoors.

People who say they like all kinds of music yet when asked to name a couple they list identical bands usually from the charts.

People who can't merge on a motorway forcing you to have to brake.

Ohh and the biggest one...

People calling someone whose name is clearly spelt Neil using Niall. They are two completely different names ffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭BumbleB

Girls who tell you that youre absolutely going to get nowhere with them and 30 mins later theyre in your bed . :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

shakencat wrote: »
    when you put all your socks in the wash..

theres always an odd number or a spare sock?

where do they go?

This is why I bought about 20 pairs of identical black socks from Dunnes. They go on either foot so it makes no difference if some go missing

I'm beating the sock monster at his own game :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

People going on about the LC being a rote-learning exam and talking about all the essays they learned off for the exam. Wtf?
    I didn't learn off essays, nobody I know did. I asked here in work and got the same :confused: reaction.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭MoodeRator

People who wear sunglasses indoors.

I could not agree more!!!!:mad: And they are usually the same people that annoy the nutz off me!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Fizgig Bandicoot

Why skangers play ****e like that 'Riverside Mthafukr' song out loud on their mobile phones on Dublin Bus. It's even worse when it's early in the morning and you've been out the night before. Shut the hell up!:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,884 ✭✭✭Eve_Dublin

BumbleB wrote: »
    Girls who tell you that youre absolutely going to get nowhere with them and 30 mins later theyre in your bed . :confused:

Haha! Really funny. You've either plied them with drink or worn them down with your pestering. Smoooooooth Bumble B ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭veryangryman

BumbleB wrote: »

+1000

Post of the day.

In fact, that chick who won the Olympic medal, please forfeit and give to this guy

Ledge! :D And soooooooooooo-oooooooo-ooo true!

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭Long Term Louth

People who are insistent that their is no God, but spend limitless time discussing the existence of one. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭Pretty_Pistol

bluewolf wrote: »
    People going on about the LC being a rote-learning exam and talking about all the essays they learned off for the exam. Wtf?
    I didn't learn off essays, nobody I know did. I asked here in work and got the same :confused: reaction.

Did anyone you know do Honours History? Learning off essays and rehashing 4 or 5 of them is all you do for it!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

Did anyone you know do Honours History? Learning off essays and rehashing 4 or 5 of them is all you do for it!

No :D
    I was thinking of the languages, I've heard comments on Irish/English essays. Something like History is fair enough, but for a language you should be learning how to write, not how to memorise an essay!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,587 ✭✭✭Pace2008

bluewolf wrote: »
    No :D
    I was thinking of the languages, I've heard comments on Irish/English essays. Something like History is fair enough, but for a language you should be learning how to write, not how to memorise an essay!
    Don't hate the player, hate the game.

Soswozere wrote: »
    I hate maths because I could never get the hang of it.. My brain goes spastic when someone tries explaining a mathematical equation to me. Studying maths gives me migrane, literally.

And yet I can see in theory that a knowledge of maths would be so valuable, and would open a new depth of understanding of other subjects.
    I'd love to be adept at maths, even the basics!

Alas, I both hate maths and am envious of those who can enjoy it!

9 x 9 + 7 = 88
    98 x 9 + 6 = 888
    987 x 9 + 5 = 8888
    9876 x 9 + 4 = 88888
    98765 x 9 + 3 = 888888
    987654 x 9 + 2 = 8888888
    9876543 x 9 + 1 = 88888888
    98765432 x 9 + 0 = 888888888

1 x 9 + 2 = 11
    12 x 9 + 3 = 111
    123 x 9 + 4 = 1111
    1234 x 9 + 5 = 11111
    12345 x 9 + 6 = 111111
    123456 x 9 + 7 = 1111111
    1234567 x 9 + 8 = 11111111
    12345678 x 9 + 9 = 111111111
    123456789 x 9 +10= 1111111111

1 x 8 + 1 = 9
    12 x 8 + 2 = 98
    123 x 8 + 3 = 987
    1234 x 8 + 4 = 9876
    12345 x 8 + 5 = 98765
    123456 x 8 + 6 = 987654
    1234567 x 8 + 7 = 9876543
    12345678 x 8 + 8 = 98765432
    123456789 x 8 + 9 = 987654321

1 x 1 = 1
    11 x 11 = 121
    111 x 111 = 12321
    1111 x 1111 = 1234321
    11111 x 11111 = 123454321
    111111 x 111111 = 12345654321
    1111111 x 1111111 = 1234567654321
    11111111 x 11111111 = 123456787654321
    111111111 x 111111111 = 12345678987654321

1. GRAB A CALCULATOR.
    2. KEY IN THE FIRST THREE DIGITS OF EITHER YOUR WORK, HOME OR YOUR MOBILE PHONE NUMBER (not the 087/086/085 bit)

3. MULTIPLY BY 80

4. ADD 1

5. MULTIPLY BY 250

6. ADD THE LAST 4 DIGITS OF YOUR PHONE NUMBER

7. ADD THE LAST 4 DIGITS OF YOUR PHONE NUMBER AGAIN.

8. SUBTRACT 250

9. DIVIDE NUMBER BY 2

Do you recognize the number?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭Bob Z

Zapho wrote: »
    I don't get how people can spend €500-€700 on the latest iphone/ipod and yet are perfectly content with the €2.50 pair of RUBBISH earphones that get bundled with them. Do you realise how much better it would sound if you bought a decent pair of earphones?

- or do you simply want to say to the world "look at me, I've got an iPod!"

Maybe they are skint after buying the iPhone?

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,782 ✭✭✭KungPao

I never understood how a guy like this gets a girlfriend/wife;

Looks kinda inbred, most likely doesn't wash everyday...smells like stale smoke and lynx, has awful teeth-perhaps some missing at the front, constantly looks p'issed off and seems to be always be looking for trouble, spits on the ground every 20-30 seconds, drinks til he pukes at least once a week, goes down da bookies and loses half his dole money and/or nixer money,calls his beloved lady 'me moth/bird' etc etc...

This perplexed me when I was younger and I still don't get it.:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,782 ✭✭✭KungPao

2 of my mates have Xbox 360s and HDTVs yet neither of them have a HDMI cable. Why the hell would you fork out hundreds and hundreds of euros for HD products but connect them with decent cables (component) instead of the best (hdmi)?

And another thing, why do some people think that you need to spend €50 or more for said HDMI cables? They all do the same job no matter the price! I don't get it! Those €5 cables on ebay do the same thing as the overpriced yokes in the shops.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 433 ✭✭Gang of Gin

Why people haven't gotten tired of Michael McIntyre or Ricky Gervais yet. They suddenly became very irritating people.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

1. GRAB A CALCULATOR.
    2. KEY IN THE FIRST THREE DIGITS OF EITHER YOUR WORK, HOME OR YOUR MOBILE PHONE NUMBER (not the 087/086/085 bit)

3. MULTIPLY BY 80

4. ADD 1

5. MULTIPLY BY 250

6. ADD THE LAST 4 DIGITS OF YOUR PHONE NUMBER

7. ADD THE LAST 4 DIGITS OF YOUR PHONE NUMBER AGAIN.

8. SUBTRACT 250

9. DIVIDE NUMBER BY 2

Do you recognize the number?

[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR]

That’s really not that amazing tbh. Say you number is 0871234567, the equation just multiplies the 123 by 10000 and adds the 4567 to it. The 250 is just added and subtracted again to confuse things. Or as they say in maths:
    http://boards.ie/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=124570&stc=1&d=1282127427

The rest is pretty amazing though

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 1,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭ChopShop

The apparent popularity of Steven Fry.

Maybe people are simply afraid to point out that in addition to being 'clever' and 'witty' he's also a pompous patronising bore, fearful they will be labeled as being stupid or lacking in 'culture'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Office politics. The way people you work will suddenly become different when there talking to someone "highup" in the organisation, licking there holes and laughing at every joke they say. Beware if your manager(s) appear to be nice, there utter cnuts, thats how they got there and they`ll sh1t on you if they get the chance to do it. A recent example is how 2 people spent weeks deciding and testing a new phone for the boss. He cryed like a big baby because he didnt like the colour so off they went to find another one.

Office muppets. The type of person who walks around all day, chirping and chatting with a fake personality and a know it all tone, acting as if they know everything while in fact they do less work than anybody and know fcuk all about anything.

Fcuk me, I dont like my job at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Exodus 1811

Nolanger wrote: »
    People who go into HMV/Tower/GameStop with a bag on their back! Great, let's walk round the long way because some fool is blocking up the aisle :rolleyes:

Ill make sure to leave it at the door next time. Should be a sign on the door that says "No bags". Hell, next is an orderly que out of our homes, and brought off to a ghetto. I see where your going with this..

wernstrom! wrote: »

Maybe people are simply afraid to point out that in addition to being 'clever' and 'witty' he's also a pompous patronising bore, fearful they will be labeled as being stupid or lacking in 'culture'.

Nicely articulated. I'm in complete agreement. That twittering 'down with the kids' schtick is galling.

nuxxx wrote: »
    Office politics. The way people you work will suddenly become different when there talking to someone "highup" in the organisation, licking there holes and laughing at every joke they say. Beware if your manager(s) appear to be nice, there utter cnuts, thats how they got there and they`ll sh1t on you if they get the chance to do it. A recent example is how 2 people spent weeks deciding and testing a new phone for the boss. He cryed like a big baby because he didnt like the colour so off they went to find another one.

Office muppets. The type of person who walks around all day, chirping and chatting with a fake personality and a know it all tone, acting as if they know everything while in fact they do less work than anybody and know fcuk all about anything.

Fcuk me, I dont like my job at all.

This is probably the best submission in this thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭Nolanger

Ill make sure to leave it at the door next time. Should be a sign on the door that says "No bags". Hell, next is an orderly que out of our homes, and brought off to a ghetto. I see where your going with this..

Nope, there should be a sign saying 'NO SPAS WITH BAGS ON THEIR BAGS PERMITTED AS THIS BLOCKS UP THE AISLE FOR OUR BRIGHTER CUSTOMERS' :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

wernstrom! wrote: »

+1

Twitter ftw

"hey peeps Im nipping out to the shops for a pint of milk"

Seriously who gives a fock?

Advertisement